That Zombie Novel

Epilogue

I awoke to the sound of water gently lapping against the side of a boat, sunlight; it burned my eyes at first, I blinked rapidly to ease the pain. We hadn't made a very good repair, seeing as there was a gaping hole in the roof of my cabin. I looked to my side, where a girl should have been lying; the sheets were creased over from where she had gotten out of bed.

It was our third day at sea and this boat had become our home; I didn't take notice of the room as I walked up the stairs, the door at the top was locked from the outside and the key had been shoved back under the door. As I stepped outside, a rather pungent smell arrived at my nostrils causing me to gag and nearly throw up, the smell, a mixture between rotting flesh and vomit, it strung the tender lining of my nose. I looked around to find the cause of the smell, I saw the girl standing right at the edge of the railings, slightly slumped over, she must have been feeling sea sick.

"Good morning." I called over, and started walking towards her.
As I got closer; the smell of vomit and decay had gotten stronger, causing me to recoil in disgust, the girl turned around, congealed blood oozed from her mouth, her eyes once beautiful blue eyes were now blinded with decomposition and weeping pus, her once warm, soft sweet smelling skin was decomposing and falling away at an alarming rate, I grimaced and stepped back in disgust. She charged towards me; her arms outstretched, filthy nails clawing the air eagerly to make contact with my ripe flesh. I started to run back but tripped over and landed on my back, she was already standing over me, I propped myself up on my elbows desperately evading her hungry gasps, struggling to push myself away from her. I kicked her straight in the stomach, that didn’t stop her; I reached to the back of my belt for my pistol, shit. I remembered leaving it on the side cabinet in our room. I kicked at her ankle and then at her shin. In the seconds of her falling on the deck, I scrambled to get back on my feet, I ran for my life, quite literally, running below deck and scrambling for my pistol and then returning above deck, I looked for the girl, she wasn’t in the spot that I’d left her in, I noticed a trail of blood and gunk moving toward me then recoiling, I’d broken the bitches’ legs and now she was crawling towards me. She still had a deranged ravenous look plastered on her face. I cocked the pistol, aimed at her head, bang and the bitch was dead.
Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
When I started writing this it was with a dear friend of mine, Andrew, unfortunately he stopped writing and later on we weren't friends any more, however I asked if I could carry it on, using some of his ideas, the first two John's Point of View Chapter's have his input but due to a change in computer I no longer have the chapters he or I wrote together. So from Chapter 5 on is completely and utterly my own work. unless stated otherwise.
11/11/12
I've re-written this, please comment, don't be shy.
I don't mind silent readers but I really do appreciate the feed back guys.
Thank you for reading, recommending, commenting and subscribing.
01/06/16 After four years I'm still not happy with this so I've made more edits. Thanks for reading.