That Zombie Novel

Chapter Three

I had always loved adventure and excitement, even a few thrills and scares, it was just who I was, I just didn’t want Luke to get injured… or worse… because of me. I had asked him to come over to the UK for a few months and he came right before the disease hit, and he was supposed to be going home in a month, he was only supposed to be here for three months and now because of me he had to stay in England for possibly the rest of his life… whether it was cut short or he outlived the disease.

We had been in search of shelter for a few days now and we’d finally found a shop, we were too exhausted to really figure out exactly what we were going to do once we found shelter but we just knew we needed to find somewhere to stay.

I was sitting snugly in Luke’s lap with his arms around me; he was holding me tightly trying his best to comfort me, it helped that he was there but it didn’t help that the shop stank of rotting food and flesh. I stood up and held his hand wanting to move but too scared to let go of his hand, I moved further into the back of the shop my fingers slowly slipping out of his, I ventured into the back living quarters, exploring the previous owners living space. I began to look through draws as Luke moved close to the window; he opened the curtain and held a piece of mirror in the direction of the sunlight trying to see if anyone else was out there. I slowly made my way back into the front of the shop. I heard yelling and thudding, glass smashing, I ran into the front of the shop to see a rotting, undead corpse trying to maul my boyfriend. I was surprisingly calm, whereas Luke, not so much.

“You know what I’m sick of this shit.” I rolled my eyes and bit my lip with frustration.

I speedily grabbed a pair of scissors from the counter and jumped on the creature’s back, I heard a crack as it’s spine snapped, I had dug my knee into the center of it’s back and now it’s spinal cord was shattered in the middle, I stabbed the undead in the neck and with quick slicing movements she amputated I head. It lay completely still; I turned to Luke who was breathing heavily in shock. I smiled at him, still holding the zombie head.
“Are you alright, love?” She beamed
He just nodded and panted.

That was the almost 'Or worse.'
♠ ♠ ♠
28/11/12
Hey guys, thank you for reading, recommending, subscribing and commenting.
It means so much to me to have your feed back!