‹ Prequel: Rule the World

Design Your Universe

Answers

I drew the sword and held it out in front of me. Samurai swords were my best weapon, I knew not of what Mephisto could do with a sword, but I knew well I could hold my own against him. He could bleed, and he was human. No matter how many times he said he wasn’t human, he couldn’t change the fact that he was. Mephisto smirked, and I glared back at him. Perhaps this had been his plan all along to overthrow the other kings, to lure us all here, and then kill us. Not the weapon. Maybe that was just a diversion.

‘’Are you just going to stand there or are you going to grow a pair a fight me,’’ I hissed. My question came through gritted teeth. The malice that Mephisto’s presence and being radiated was seeping into my mind somehow; I was getting angrier and angrier by the second.

‘’Well aren’t you just a little firecracker,’’ Mephisto laughed.

‘’I guess you want to how I know about what your father did to you, huh? Or, is there something else you want to know? Maybe something you don’t remember, like why your friend –oh what was his name again? Ash, I think is what you used to call him disappeared. Surely you want to know that, you’ve been trying for all these years to remember.’’

‘’Shut the fuck up, you don’t know anything,’’ I replied. Mephisto just laughed and grin.

‘’Oh, I can assure you, I know a lot of things.’’ He replied. I scoffed.

‘’Someone so ignorant of what the existence of his own race means can not know anything,’’ I yelled back. Mephisto sighed and shook his head.

‘’Katariina, child, just what am I going to do with you,’’ he mumbled more to himself than anything.

‘’I told you once before but I’ll say it again, I’m not human. You’ll see that soon enough though. However, you are aware that I know you rather well, though you mostly think I’m bluffing. You my friend, have a view on this world that not many have. You see it in the highest perspective possible and that has left you with so many unanswered questions,’’ he continued. I lowered the sword that was suddenly weighing heavily in my hand. I hated to admit it, but I was intrigued by his words. Just what was this psycho getting at though?

‘’And your point is, Mephisto,’’ I asked finally.

‘’As I said, you have many questions concerning this world, its people, the past and future of everything, and beyond. I have those answers, if you’d be willing to just lend a slight hand of trust, I might just tell them to you, but of course, they do not come without cost. Are you willing to make a deal, in the least? I wouldn’t ask much,’’ Mephisto replied, smirking. I burst out laughing to the point that it took near everything in me not to laugh. Mephisto’s expression was between confused and furious. It was as if he couldn’t make up his mind on which he felt me.

‘’Uh, yeah, you can take that deal and shove it up your ass. That cost, of course is something you want and there’s nothing I’d be willing to pay at the expense of those ‘answers’. Understanding is impossible, it’s something I’ve come to except, so you words are useless.’’ Mephisto narrowed his eyes at me from his place on the other side of the room.

‘’Very well then, Katariina. You’ll come to your senses soon, one way or another.’’ He rose up his hand and I moved my sword along with it, but suddenly, my movement became constricted. There was a sudden gust of wind and I hit something hard. There was a sickening crack from my arm and my brain was jarred as I made contact with whatever I’d just hit and then, everything just went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's not much, but it's something. I would've updated this long ago but what I'd written was erased and I was without internet so the fuel to write for Mephisto and Kat kind of faded for a bit, but it's come back now, so we can get this show on the road and find out what Mephisto has planned.

For once, there's no double meaning in his words, but there's still some foreshadowing! :D