Serendipity - an Alex Gaskarth Fanfic

Pilot

I don’t know what made everyone so interested in Alex Gaskarth. There was certainly something about his crooked smile, the way his bangs were in front of his eyes, his down to earth and laid back personality, his singing voice and musically talent. He wasn’t totally oblivious to this; he did know that pretty much the half of the female population in school had a tiny crush on him. He played in a band called All Time Low, with his best friend, Jack Barakat, another guy named Rian Dawson and a guy from another school, Zack Merrick. They had gotten a lot of attention from record labels and other semi famous bands too. Rumors said, they were in the progress of getting signed to Hopeless Records. They were amazing. I had gone to every show they have played in the city and helped promoting them. Funny thing is, I’ve never spoken to any of them in my life. I used a lot of energy on helping them receive the success they deserved, but never have any of them given me as much as a smile, a look or said a single word to me. I never really cared, to be honest, not until Alex asked me to borrow my eraser.

“Can I borrow your eraser? I forgot my shit in my locker and since I’ve only got a pen…” he chuckled slightly at his lame attempt at telling a story. “Sorry, I know you don’t give a shit about my stupidity, but can I borrow your eraser?” I had looked up at him with slightly wide eyes when I realized he talked to me. I took in all of his features, now that he was close. He was like goddamn perfection. I could be counted as a new member of the Alex Gaskarth Appreciation Club. I had been assigned the same homeroom as Alex every year of our high school life. We’re now both seniors, and every time he always ended up sitting in the seat in front of me. I smiled softly at him and pushed my eraser towards the end of my desk with my pen. He shot me one of his famous smiles, took the eraser and turned back to his essay. When he was done, he turned around and placed the eraser on my desk. “Thanks! You literally just saved my life.” I just smiled at him again and continued to work on my essay. “You don’t say much, do you?” I froze in the middle of writing the word ‘Serendipity’. This was serendipity, indeed. Alex just smiled softly at me while I kept on looking at him. “I’m Alex, by the way.”

As I mentioned before, it was kind of ironic how Alex always seemed oblivious to the female obsession, yet everyone knew that he knew. He did know that the opposite sex was indeed head over heels for him. He always acted as if he had no clue and it could piss me off so terribly, because there would always be this hidden cocky tone in his voice. He was a great actor; I must give that to him. Why he would still waste his breath telling me his name, I would never understand.

I swallowed, still looking at the beautiful 18-year-old male in front of me. He had deep brown eyes that seemed as if they could go on and on forever. He was wearing a black beanie to cover up his hair, a pair of grey skinny jeans and a black hoodie that was zipped entirely up; concealing his shirt. “I’m Laura,” I replied lowly, surprised if he could even hear me. I mentally slapped myself for being such a pussy. Alex’s smile turned into a grin and replied back with no shame: “I know.”

I was always the quiet girl. The girl no one would expect to go to concerts every weekend or be moshing as fuck. But I feel like that was another side of me. The real me. Truth is, I wasn’t an uptight, nerdy girl who always spent her time making homework. I just… High school is a bitch, you know? No further explanation. I wasn’t one of the punk kids, who wore band shirts and dyed my hair crazy colors and pretty much were walking promotions for bands. I was quite… Normal? What normal even is? I dressed a bit girly, a bit tomboy-ish, a bit conservative at times. I didn’t stand out at all, nor did I feel like I blended in because no one still talked to me. I was pretty much invisible and you would need a magnifying glass to even see me. I was a nobody and why Alex Gaskarth would waste his time on me – another thing I would never understand.

“You do?” I said, taken aback with surprise. How the hell does he know my name? He has never looked at me or spoken to me before. Was he being nice? Did he just pretend that he knew my name because he knew I had been sitting in this very seat behind him for almost 4 years? What the hell was up? “I’ve seen you at my band’s shows,” he said simply with a shrug. His eyes darted somewhere behind me for a while, losing focus on me. Wow. Was I that boring? “Still a little creepy that you know my name, don’t you think?” I said, regretting it right away since it came out like more of an insult than a joke/statement. He chuckled slightly and winked at me. “Being a creeper is my thing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an idea that just popped into my head. Hope you like it! :D