Serendipity - an Alex Gaskarth Fanfic

Walk of the Dead

“In another words; that’s how you lead electricity though a cucumber,” Alex finished with a goofy smile and the class laughed. Even Mr. Quelle, who was a rather strict teacher. But that’s the effect Alex has on you; he will find some sort of way to bend everything you stand for. “Very nice, Laura and Alex,” Mr. Quelle said as we returned to our seats. Alex got a few high fives as we walked to our seats in the back and he gave my shoulder and light squeeze before settling in the seat in front of me. Even though Alex wasn’t as academic as me, he almost got better grades than me since he could smooth talk everyone. Mr. Quelle is an example of everything. Lisa turned around in her seat 2 rows in front of Alex, sending him a soft smile. Alex then turned around and looked at me with a huge grin on his face. “Did you see that?!” he whispered excitedly. I giggled at his excitement and ruffled his hair. “Someone’s getting lucky soon,” I whispered back with a slight smirk even though I was about to throw up inside. He shoved me lightly then turned back to Mr. Quelle who never even bothered disturbing our conversation in the middle of his class. Just another privilege of being best friends with Alex Gaskarth.

Alex and I settled at our usual table in the cafeteria where Jack and Rian already sat with their lunch. They were going over Jack’s tabs to a new song. “Hey losers,” I exclaimed bubbly as I sat down next to Jack, my partner in crime. “You aren’t exactly helping my ego by calling me a loser,” Jack said, pouting and squeezed my leg lightly. “Oh stop it, your ego is bigger than me and Rian’s… All together!” Rian laughed and returned to his conversation with Alex. From the corner of my eye, I saw as Jack took a deep breath and spoke up. “You wanna, uhm.. Hang out this weekend?” he asked, biting his lip slightly. I took a bite of my apple. “Sure, my mom is not home Saturday so we could all hang out at my place,” Jack smiled nervously and bit his lip even more. “No I mean like… You and I… On a date?” Our table went silent. I dropped my apple and Alex nearly spit out his juice. Rian just sat there, staring at Jack and I. No one said anything. We all reminded silent for once; something that never happened. “No man,” Alex was the first to speak. “You don’t date your best friends, that will only end up in a mess,” he said in a serious tone. I looked at Alex with my head cocked. Is that so? “I’d love to. You want to go see a movie?” I said watching Jack’s face break into a grin and Alex face palming and sighing.

“What is your problem exactly?” I asked Alex in computer class as we were programming websites. Alex was in deep thought, something that rarely happened, and turned to me. “Huh? Oh! Uh, I just… You know,” he said with a shrug and turned back to typing HTML codes into the computer. I kept looking at him with my eyebrow raised but in the end turning back to my own screen. “It’s just that, if you and Jack actually became a couple and broke up, I would have to choose between you,” He said simply, still not looking at me. “I don’t like him that way. At least I don’t think so, but I would be horrible not to give him a chance. Besides, it’s just a movie, it’s not like we’re spending a Saturday night alone at his house and we’re both incredibly… Uh, needy,” I said with a slight blush. It’s not like I was inexperienced, unkissed or a virgin. I lost my virginity a while ago; before I even started talking to Alex. But that’s a whole other story. Alex chuckled and finally looked over at me grinning. “It’s kind of adorable how shy you get as soon as we get on this topic. Is it like taboo for your mom?” I coughed and pretended to concentrate on my screen, which only made him laugh even more.

I watched him gracefully walk across my lawn and stop in front of my door. He just stood there staring at the door. I clenched my jaw as I saw him lifting his fist to knock on the door, but felt my stomach drop as he regret the decision and continues to stare at my front door. He wasn’t even going to try?

Saturday came around and I sat in the living room tapping my foot, waiting for Jack to pick me up. He was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago, but Jack was known for never being on time. Never. I was wearing my favorite black skinnies and a Blink shit Alex gave me, which I cut into a tube top and finished off with my usual black leather jacket…. That Alex may have told me to buy when we came across it in a vintage store. I heard a car honk outside, knowing it was Jack because the honk was… Ehm, special. His car was a piece of shit and he knew it. I locked the door after me and walked to the car, getting inside the passenger seat. “Hey you,” I said smiling as I fastened my safety belt, an advice from my mother, after she somehow found out I usually drove without it when I was with the guys. Jack scanned over my outfit and nodded in approval. “You look nice,” He said with a grin as he drove off to the movie theater. “Was it necessary for you to approve my outfit?” I asked laughing and running a hand through my hair while Jack was focused on the road but still laughed a little. Jack was a terrible driver. He rarely drove when we all went out. “I don’t know,” He replied. “I’m just a really big fashion diva, and I needed to be sure we weren’t wearing the same, because shit would go down!” He said, gesturing over his Weezer t-shirt and grey skinnies. I giggled and leant back in the seat. This evening would be great.

We ran into problems when we came to the movie theater.
“Hey guys!” Alex exclaimed as he came walking over towards us with his arm around Lisa’s waist. Jack shot Alex a deadly glare, which Alex happily shot back. Lisa gave me her usual disapproval look and I shot her my biggest fake smile. “What movie are you going to see?” Alex asked and smiled at us to lift the tension. “Walk of the Dead,” I said, snacking a few popcorns from the bucket Jack held. “Oh really? Us too!” Lisa looked up at Alex with a confused look. “Honey, I tho-“ Before Lisa could answer Alex started walking over to where the movie would be shown. “You losers coming?”

I felt tears coming when Alex finally turned around and left my house. He really wasn’t fucking coming to try fixing this. Really? Did I always have to be the grown up in this friendship? I sighed heavily and flopped on my stomach, on top of my bed. Alex and I had a fight earlier that week, a fight that caused us not to talk for 5 days. It was Friday night, and usually Alex would have taken me to a party or we would have gone to a concert. Just doing stuff. Since our fight he neglected both me and the guys and rumors said that he and Lisa were, uhm… Getting busy in the library. The guy could really fucking easily crush me, he literally had no idea. I never asked to have a slight crush on my best friend but hell to that. God hates me. The fight was something really stupid, that it actually made me think about how fragile our friendship might be since something this ridiculous could tear us apart. My thoughts were interrupted as someone crashed down on my balcony and moaned in pain. I looked up from my bed to watch a black haired guy in blue jeans and a grey hoodie hold his stomach as he went on about his ribs. I started laughing really loud so it made him look inside my room and see me laughing at him. God, that idiot. My idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! You guys missed me? Sorry for not updating this story - my senior final project had to be done :s but I got a B+ so it's all good! Currently have 10 readers and 2 subscribers, thank you so much! Don't forget to give me some feedback! I don't know how long I'll make this story, as the story line seems pretty obvious right now. I got another idea the other day, so I'm going to prepare that for when this story is done. Hope you like this chapter!