Status: Character profiles used to say Charlotte Johnson, it's now Chloe Johnson…don't ask

Ever Since We Met

Prologue: Part 2

“I approached a kid and asked: what is love? The kid answered: when a puppy licks your face! I laughed and then he added: even after you left him alone all day.”

Laura’s P.O.V.

“Morning princess!”

When I finished rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I stared shocked at Pete.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I was about to ask you the same…” he winked, looking back down at a piece of paper, scribbling something out.

“Wait!” I said, and he froze, looking back up at me. “Does this mean you slept with Izzy last night? Or are you just being your normal self and coming over to her apartment at six-thirty in the morning?

“Wow that was awfully quick of you. You just got up and made the connection that fast?” he smiled, giving me a thumbs up. “The first one, by the way.” My jaw dropped to the floor and just stared at him. “You catching flies or something?”

I jumped off the couch and took a pillow, smacking him across the head with it. “How could you? You’re such an asshole, you little son of a bitch. How dare you corrupt my friend!”

“Hey! Don’t hit me! It took awhile to get this work of art to not look like sex hair for your information,” he informed me, grabbing the pillow as I sat down next to him.

“I really don’t need to know…”

“Okay cool!” he grinned. “So first we were making out, then I went down on her so she-”

“Shut up!” I clamped a hand over his mouth, but quickly pulled it off knowing he would lick me.

“Oh my god.” I looked up to see Izzy standing in her doorway, her face red. “Laura?” She sat on the couch opposite of Pete and me.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you had…plans,” I explained.

“No, don’t worry, but why are you here?” she asked, biting her lip.

“Bad night I guess,” I shrugged.

“How?” Pete asked, looking up from his paper.

“What are you doing?” I asked, avoiding his question.

“Writing lyrics,” he explained. “How does ‘I’m sorry I just let my love loose again’ sound?”

“Oh god,” Isabella groaned, putting a hand over her face and leaning back into the couch.

“What was that for?” I giggled. “I think it’s cute that you inspire him!”

“Pete you promised this was just a one night thing.”

“Later,” he said, giving her a stern look before turning back to me. “So? Last night…”

“Well Martin and I were fighting,” I started.

“Big surprise,” Isabella breathed.

“Then, I don’t know. He said some things, and I said some things,” I grimaced. “Long story short I went to Patrick’s but he was busy with a girl so I came over here.”

“Trick was getting laid?” Pete asked, staring at me questioningly.

“I guess that’s what happened when I left. Probably was like what you were describing earlier.”

“I’m sorry Laura,” Isabella said, coming over to the other couch.

Quickly I was sandwiched between both Pete and Isabella, in some kind of weird hug. “Okay. Let go.”

“Oh right,” she laughed, as her and Pete let go.

“Look, I should get back home. I left the apartment a mess-”

“Don’t tell me you two were throwing things again,” she warned.

“Sorry?” I asked, finding my shoes and slipping them on. “Look you can yell at me later, I just want to go do something. Sticking around you two love birds isn’t really helping.”

“Want to go out for dinner later?” Pete asked as I was heading out the door.

“Yeah, text me the place. I should be better by eight, so we can go then.”

* * *

“Oh, sorry,” I mumbled looking up at the person I had just ran into. “Hey aren’t you the girl that was with Patrick last night?”

“Yes,” she stated, like I was being stupid.

“He likes morning coffee,” I smiled, actually feeling happy for him now. “Especially with two sugars; at night he only likes one.”

“Whatever, I’m not getting him any,” she said, going into Starbucks.

“Wait!” I called out, the wheels slowing turning in my head. “You…left him?”

“Yeah, he’s a pathetic, gullible, short kid. He’s too nice and he’s always worrying; too much baggage on him. Plus he isn’t as popular as I thought, I would be better off getting with the drummer.”

“You fucken bitch.”

* * *

When I got into Patrick’s apartment he wasn’t in the living room, so I made my way into his bedroom.

“Tricky, I’m sorry about last night. Really though she is a bitch.”

When I opened the door I cursed myself for being so loud. He was curled up under the covers, still sleeping, most likely not knowing that the girl already left. Looking at the clock on the bedside table I yawned. Seven thirty.

I walked over to his dresser and pulled out an old t-shirt and pair of sweatpants that he never wore. Changing as quickly as I could I crawled into bed with him. He turned over, still sleeping.

“I wouldn’t leave you,” I whispered, pushing the hair out of his eyes lightly.

Pulling the blankets tighter around us I curled into him, and fell back asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is Isabella, and just a taste of Pete ;) He is honestly a lot of fun to write about!

Ice Cream and Syrup to:
The Only Thing I Ask

Come on guys! It can't be that bad for a prologue!

How should Patrick take seeing Laura instead of his date?