From the Inside

Chapter 1

"What are you talking about? I can't take care of a teenager!" Mike yelled into his cell phone. He had been pacing back and forth across the living room floor for about an hour now. Brad and I had tried to figure out what was going on a million times, but he wouldn't say anything. "It's not the space I'm worried about. She's how old? Yeah, and what do I know about taking care of a19 year old girl? What in the fuck is a tampon?" I busted out laughing at the look of confusion on his face. He hung up the phone and fell back into the chair.

"Mike, what in the hell is going on?" Brad asked, leaning forward in his chair.

"Why in the hell does a 19 year old girl need someone to look after her anyway? No, wait, that's right. Her mother doesn't trust her, so now she's my problem." The door bell rang and Mike threw his hands into the air. I got up and answered the door. There was a girl there with black hair and a Pantera shirt on.

"May I help you?" I asked, a tad distracted by her blue eyes.

"Um, I'm looking for my uncle." I smiled, then looked at Mike.

"I think it's for you." I smirked and let her in, closing the door after she stepped inside.

"Why are YOU here already?"

"Wow! Way to be pleasant Mike. What's your name hun?"

"Danielle." She redirected her attention to Mikey. "You mean, you didn't know I was coming?"

"Well, yeah, but I was just told about ten minutes ago."

"Oh, I knew this wouldn't work. I'm just gonna go check into a hotel and try to figure this out." She walked back to the door and I hit Mike.

"Danielle, wait. It's not a problem, just really, REALLY last minute."

"Look, if you don't want me here, just tell me. I don't want to be here all that much either."

"If you don't mind me asking, why did Julia send you here?"

"I was too much of an outsider for my mother." She paused, then looked at the ceiling. "Bitch."

"Okay, why don't I show you to your room." Mike suggested. Then he motioned for Danielle to follow him. They were gone for about ten minutes.

"And that's..."

"Oh, I know this one. There's a fridge, and a table, so I'm guessing it's the...kitchen." She rolled her eyes and sat at the other end of the couch that I was sitting on.

"Well this should be interesting." I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, how do you like it so far? I don't think I'd be a very happy person if I walked into a room and someone had that much attitude with me. Dude, however, I am a very happy person, because I just found out that Theory of A Deadman, Finger Eleven, Seether, and Atreyu are coming to Indy. Hell yes bitch!