From the Inside

Chapter 3

I was sitting there on my bed, thinking, when I heard the front door open and close. I walked over to the window and saw Chester leaving. He smiled and waved, then left. I smiled to myself. I mean, seriously, how many people get shipped off to live with their most famous uncle? I know I came off as a bitch, but unfortunately, no matter how famous your uncle is, nothing makes you feel worse than to know that you were the one that drove your mother over the top.

I walked over to my bags and pulled out my laptop. It was from my last birthday. I didn't want to have a big party, but she insisted. Something about, "It's your big one-eight. I'm not letting you miss out like I did". Funny she should mention that, because, after her, showing up, wasted off her ass, I seriously understood why she never got one. Mom and grandma were scary alike. It's like the littlist genes were passed. They hadn't left one in the pool...unfortunately

As I looked down, I noticed that the screen still hadn't even loaded. I had to sit there and wait for the stupid thing to set up, then I logged in and opened IE. I went to my AIM and saw that Jessica was on, thank god!

NotinKansas: Jess, why?
Jessiecakes: Danielle?
NotinKansas: Si, senorita.
Jessiecakes: Diggin' the new screen name. How are you there already?
NotinKansas: My mom must've really wanted me gone.
Jessiecakes: Yeah, but I didn't.
NotinKansas: Sorry. If it makes you feel better, I didn't want to leave.
Jessiecakes: Yeah, that's not important anymore. Which one of your hotty uncles have you met yet?
NotinKansas:Jesus, use me much?
Jessiecakes: *nods* I'm kidding. I was just curious. Were they all waiting or something?
NotinKansas: Dude, it was nothing like that. Mike didn't even know I was coming.
Jessiecakes: Your mom didn't tell him?
NotinKansas: He was on the phone with her when I got here. You should have seen his reaction when Chester told him I was here.
Jessiecakes: You've met Chester already?
NotinKansas: And Brad.
Jessiecakes: and Chester!
NotinKansas: and Brad.
Jessiecakes: lucky bitch!
NotinKansas: Whatever, all I'll ever get to do is stare at the man.
Jessiecakes: Oh take a jump off pity point. At least you get to do that.
NotinKansas: You can too. Find a picture ;)
Jessiecakes: Oh, what I wouldn't give to punch you!
NotinKansas: Well, damn.
Jessiecakes: Shit. Mom's home. I have to go.
*Jessiecakes has signed off*
NotinKansas: Bye.

I logged off and put my laptop away, just in time to hear Mike calling me. I got up off my bed and walked into the living room.

"Yes?" He and Brad were sitting on the couch, along with three other guys.

"We need to talk." Well, that took less time then I thought. I sat down in the chair facing the couch, awaiting the scrutiny I was going to be fed.

"What's the problem now?" I finally asked, after a couple of moments of dead air.

"It shouldn't be a problem. We have to leave for this year's Projekt Revolution and I was wondering if there was someone from home that you would like us to fly out here. You know, to keep you company." Okay, that was SO not what I was expecting. This might just work after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so someone commented, and told me that they loved this story, so, lookey here!

Another chapter! Feedback of any kind is welcome...*cough cough* if you want more *cough cough*

with love,

~raeXlikeXRaWr!