Drops of Jupiter

Fire and Rain

Not trying to take Valerie's words to heart, I grabbed my guitar and songbook and made my way towards the barn with a sigh. There was a slight drizzle outside of the barn, and I sat in the hay, setting my book to the side with a small grin. The atmosphere was almost close to perfect, and the animals were settled.

I held up the amazing instrument and strummed a few chords as the animals chimed in unison. I smiled warmly at the environment. Taking few breaths, I sung softly.

"I'm so glad you made time to see me.. How's life? Tell me, how's your family?
I haven't seen them in a while. You've been good, busier than ever,
we small talk, work and the weather...-"

"What's that?" a voice called questionabley, though not exactly interested. It was Cassandra.

"It's Back to December. You haven't heard it? It's about-"

"Love? Some stupid ass guy who broke your heart? Wow. So very imaginative. You should get an award!" she said rolling her eyes.

"Thanks! I have, actually. Several. And they aren't ALL about guys. This one is.. about a girl."

She paused and raised an eyebrow as if to expect something else. Guess she didn't know I played for both teams. I felt a wave of discomfort suddenly..

"Who's the girl..?"

"Just a girl who decided she'd "love" me, sleep with me, go straight the next week after she stopped talking to me, and get pregnant."

"Oh my God, really?"

This time, her tone seemed truly sincere as if she may really care. It was a little comforting, but I doubt we'd spark a friendship so easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahaha they had a moment?
Tell me what you think (: