Status: Weekly :)

Kiss and Control

Chapter Twenty Seven

“Isn’t that you twin over there with someone?” Claire asked Bill pointing out of the window of the singing studio. Tom was easy to recognise from a distance because of his dreads, caps and baggy clothes.

Nenya came to the window to look followed by Brianna and Julian.

“Look there’s an ambulance coming in the gate.” Julian stated.

They all watched the ambulance pull on to the field heading towards Tom.

The hairs of Bill neck stood up on end, he had a bad feeling about this. He ran out of the studio and Nenya followed him. As Bill got closer to Tom and the paramedics he realised it was his husband that was lying on the ground. Bill began to scream hysterically as he approached.

“Bill it’s okay...he’s going to be okay.” Tom ran crying towards Bill and held him. “Let them do their work?

“I want to be with him! Let me go.” Bill pulled away as Elladan was lifted onto the stretcher and into the back of the ambulance drenched in blood.

Nenya spotted the knife on the floor covered in blood. “Did you do that?” He asked Tom turning white with horror.

“No! Erodin stabbed him!” Tom spat with hatred.

Nenya picked up the knife with a piece of Tom’s t-shirt from the ground and began wiping it clean of blood and finger prints. He then threw it over the high wall. Nenya didn’t want Erodin to throw away his life because of this. Erodin came from the wrong side of town and if he got thrown out of the school or arrested he would end up like the other teens from his estate. Nenya did not want this to happen to his friend.

“What did you do that for?” Tom screamed. “The fucking police need that for evidence."

Tom gripped Nenya and shook him. Nenya pushed him off onto the ground then went over to the ambulance.

“Oh my god Elladan...” Nenya cried when he saw how much blood his brother had lost.

“Only two of you can travel with him.” One of the paramedics said.

“He’s my husband and this is his brother.” Bill replied indicating to Nenya.

“Okay, get in we must go now!”

Elladan was rushed into theatre immediately upon arrival. Bill and Nenya sat in a private waiting room crying and holding each other.

“I’ll kill myself if he dies! I can’t live without him.” Bill sobbed on Nenya’s shoulder.

“Me too.” Nenya sniffed, rubbing at Bill’s back trying to comfort him.

The door to the waiting room opened and Tom walked in with Gordon.

“What’s happening? How is he?” Gordon demanded.

“Elladan’s in the operating theatre.” Bill sobbed. “And it’s all you fault!”

Bill got up from Nenya and marched over to Gordon and began slapping him. “You shouldn’t have made him go to school...he wouldn’t be dying in there right now.”

“This isn’t my fault Bill...how could I know that he would get stabbed?” Gordon put his arm around his stepson stopping him from hitting him and held the raven-head teen tightly. Bill cried hard on Gordon then his feet gave way. Gordon picked Bill up and cradled him in his arms. “Elladan’s tough...he’ll pull through.” Gordon prayed to god that he was right.

“Did you see who did it?” Gordon looked at Tom.

Nenya kicked Tom before he could say so. Tom shook his head at Gordon and looked with narrowed eyes at Nenya. He didn’t know or understand why the hell Nenya was protecting Erodin when he had stabbed the pretty teen’s brother but then there were a lot of things he didn’t understand about Nenya just now. Tom wanted answers and he was determined to get them and soon!

Simone walked in to the waiting room. Bill jumped up from Gordon and flung himself at his mother.

“I don’t want Elladan to die.” He sobbed.

“I’ll get some coffees.” Gordon walked out of the room.

“We need to talk!” Tom pulled Nenya roughly by the arm outside.

Nenya looked at Tom in anticipation wondering if he was going to lecture him on throwing away the knife.

“You are a fake and traitor Nenya Arvenien! I don’t know who you are and I don’t think I like who you are!”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Nenya asked confused. Tom’s sentence didn’t make any sense. “ If it’s about the knife then...”

“IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT THE FUCKING KNIFE!” Tom yelled.”ERODIN TOLD ME YOU HAD HIM SLASH BRIANNA'S FACE!”

“I didn’t!” Nenya replied angrily.

“HE TOLD ME YOU ASKED HIM TO DO IT!”

“I wanted him to get her back for what she did to me but I never told him to slash her face like that.”

Tom advanced on him. “She is a girl...you a boy...how could you do that and sink so low? You are a coward!”

Nenya was too ashamed to tell Tom what Brianna had done to him so he kept quiet.

Tom shoved Nenya hard against the wall and gripped his delicate throat. “I never want to see you again! Do you hear? I want you gone from my home!”

“You can’t throw me out.” Nenya sniffed his tears falling freely again. “Your parents are my foster parents.”

“Well they won’t be for long when I tell Gordon that you have been lying, pretending to be a girl! He hates feminine boys and he will have you put in care!” Tom hissed. “Now get out of my sight before I kill you!” Tom thumped the wall next to Nenya’s head.

Nenya screamed and ran up the corridor. Gordon rushed up to Tom, having witnessed him punching the wall.

Gordon put the coffees on a window ledge. “What’s going on?”

“I’ve told him to leave! I never want to see him again.” Tom sank to the floor and hugged his knees, sobbing into his arms. It had all got too much for him – Storm’s pregnancy, Elladan’s stabbing and Nenya’s betrayal.

“Why don’t you drink some coffee?” Gordon said softly not really knowing what to do.

“Fuck your coffee! Leave me alone!” Tom screamed.

Gordon sighed then left Tom alone. He decided to go and find Nenya.

“Did a tall slim dark haired person run past?” Gordon asked at the reception desk at the end.

“Yes...up those stairs.” The nurse pointed to her left then carried on writing.

Gordon took the staircase, he carried on walking all the way up, thinking he would start from the top floor then work his way downwards. Gordon noticed that it got colder as he neared the top. There was a door open right at the top, above the top floor and Gordon could see the sky though it.

“Oh lord.” Gordon sprinted up the remaining stairs on to the roof of the hospital. “What is it with roofs and those Arveniens?” He asked himself.

“Nenya? Where are you?” Gordon looked around desperately. He then spotted a figure sitting on the edge on the far side. “Fuck!”

Gordon walked quietly as he could, not wanting to startle the pretty teen. He stopped when he heard Nenya talking.

“Mum...I want you...I want to be with you...no one wants me.” Nenya looked up at the stars in the sky with streaming eyes as he spoke. He unwrapped the lolly in his hand. “Why did you leave me? I miss you so much.” He cried bitterly as he sucked on the lolly for comfort as he stood up on the ledge. "Please come get me?" He sobbed and reached up with one hand.

“Nen...” Gordon called softly after wiping a tear from his own eye. “Why don’t you come down from there sweetheart?”

Nenya turned around when he heard Gordon speak. His eyes widened with fright and almost lost his balance. He gripped the railing tight. "Stay away from me! I want my mum...go away."

“Don’t be afraid...just come back down so we can talk and you can tell me what’s wrong?”

“What is the point? No one wants me or loves me. Elladan is dying and I have nowhere to go and I don’t want to go into care.” This was the first time Nenya had spoken to Gordon.

“What do you mean you have nowhere to go...you live with us? You are not going to be put in care and Elladan is not dying...he’s in good hands.” Gordon said with confusion.

“But you hate boys like me...you don’t even like Bill all that much.” Nenya sniffed wiping his eyes.

“I love Bill and I love you Nen. Why do you think I don’t like Bill?” Gordon asked in surprise frowning.

“I heard what you are like to Bill, and know you hate his makeup, clothes and hair. You were so nice to me when you made me breakfast that first day and you made me feel special and wanted because you thought I was a girl. I was scared you wouldn’t love me or want me if you knew the truth.”

“I do want you and I love you...I’ve known that you were a boy for quite some time now. And I do love Bill.”

Nenya bit his lip. “You know..but how?”

“I’m the deputy principal...it’s my business to know about all my students.”

“Oh...”

“Please come down...you are special Nen...and we all need you...especially Elladan? And I'm sure your mum would want us to keep you safe.”

Gordon held out his arms to Nenya. Nenya carefully climbed down the flung himself at Gordon and sobbed on him. Gordon picked him up of his feet slightly as he hugged him tightly kissing his head.

“Let’s go and see if there is any news on your brother?” Gordon set him down on his feet then walked with his arm around the teen’s shoulder back into the hospital.

Four hours later the surgeon came out and into the waiting room.

“Elladan is stable. We are moving him up to intensive care for a couple of days to monitor him but we are sure he will make a full recovery. The boy that found him acted wisely and saved his life.”

“That was my stepson Tom.” Gordon replied proudly. “Thank you...when can Bill go and see him...Elladan is Bill’s husband?”

Bill smiled at Gordon then looked hopeful at the surgeon.

“Bill can come with him now when nurses take him up.”

“Thank you!” Bill cried with happiness. “Thank you for saving my beautiful husband!” Bill flung his arms around the surgeon.

“You are welcome Bill.”
♠ ♠ ♠
PHEW. <3