Status: Weekly :)

Kiss and Control

Chapter Thirty Five

Tom picked up the small black box from his dresser, opened it, smiled, then closed it again; he then stuck it into the pocket of his suit jacket.

Simone looked up as Tom entered the kitchen for breakfast. “You look very dapper...have you got an interview for a job or something?”

Gordon looked up from his newspaper and Bill from his mobile.

Tom blushed. “No...just got something important to do.” Tom sat down at the table.

“I’ve tried everyone I know and no-one has seen Elladan.” Bill said in a hoarse voice from crying all night. His husband hadn’t returned home after running out the evening before. “Even Minien hasn’t seen or heard from him.” Bill tears began to fall again.

“Don’t worry love I’m sure he’ll be back soon.” Simone said setting down a pot of coffee on the breakfast table.

“What if he’s had an accident or he’s d...d...” Bill just couldn't say it.

“He’s not dead, Bill.” Tom rolled his eyes. “He’s probably sulking somewhere cuz I bet it was the first time he ever got a whipped ass. Way to go Gordon!”

“You take that back!” Bill picked up his spoon and threw it at Tom’s head which bounced off and made a loud clatter on the floor.

“Fuck!” Tom rubbed the side of his head. He picked up his spoon.

Gordon put down his paper. “Don’t even think about it or I’ll whip your ass!”

Tom put the spoon back down and glared hard a Bill.

“I’ll try the hospital.” Bill picked up his mobile from the table.

Tom rolled his eyes again. “Did you try Feanor?”

“No I didn’t...Gordon could you please?” Bill looked hopefully at his stepfather. He didn’t fancy ringing the man himself.

Gordon took out his phone and the card from the B&B that Feanor had given him, he had written down his mobile number on it. Gordon then proceeded to punch the numbers into his phone then pressed call. Feanor promptly picked up and informed Gordon that he was at the hospital and that Nenya had gone missing.

“Missing?” Gordon repeated. “No he hasn’t turned up here.”

“What’s happened?” Simone and Bill chorused as Gordon ended the call. The colour had drained from his face.

“Nenya’s gone missing.” Gordon said getting up. “I’m going down there!”

“I’m coming too.” Tom jumped up. Nausea rose up through his stomach; he had planned to go to see Nenya after breakfast, now the teen had gone. Tom felt weak and shaky.

“What about Elladan? Did he mention Elladan?” Bill demanded standing up also.

“No he didn’t.” Gordon replied going out into the hall.

“Why didn’t you ask him?” Bill followed his stepfather.

“For crying out loud Bill...I forgot after he mentioned Nenya!”

“YOU DON’T CARE ABOUT ELLADAN!” Bill stamped his foot with anger. “All you care about is Nenya! My husband is missing because of YOU and you don’t even care!”

“That’s not true!” Gordon put on his jacket. “If you come to the hospital you can ask Feanor yourself.”

Bill grabbed the white hoodie that was hanging on the coat stand and put it on.

“That’s mine!” Tom complained.

“Well you’re not gonna put it on over your suit are you?”

“That’s not the point.” Tom huffed.

“If you two are coming...get a move on!”

The twins followed their stepfather out to the car which was covered in four inches of snow. This delayed them leaving immediately much to their annoyance but soon after some rigorous clearing, they were on their way. Simone stayed behind in case Nenya or Elladan came home.

“Has he turned up yet?” Gordon asked as he rushed up to Feanor inside the hospital room.

“No...The police are out looking for him.” Feanor replied looking extremely worried.

“How could this happen?” Gordon demanded furiously.

“He disappeared while the nurse was on her break. She is being questioned by a police officer.”

Maggie returned to the room. “I’m so sorry...they just slipped off when I was having my break. I had no idea they were planning to leave.”

“They?” Both Gordon and Feanor chorused.

“Yes, Elladan turned up here last night. Last time I saw them they were both asleep.”

“Elladan was here? Was he okay?” Bill demanded almost jumping on the nurse.

“I think so...he was already asleep in the bed with Nenya when I discovered him. I thought it best not to disturb them. I...I feel so sorry for them, they both seem to carry the troubles of the world on their shoulders.” Maggie had tears in her eyes. “They really miss their mother don’t they?”

“This is all my fault...I should have been a better father.” Feanor sat down and put his head in his hands.

Gordon sat down too. “I wished I had been more understanding where they were concerned.”

“Yes... you should have!” Bill stated crossly, folding his arms across his chest dramatically. “This is YOUR FAULT!”

“You can’t blame Gordon!” Tom stated. “He’s been really tolerant with them more so than he ever was with us.”

“If he hadn’t had beat Elladan...” Bill began.

Feanor stood up abruptly. “You beat my son?” He growled.

“You’re hardly in a position to judge me...and yes I did beat him because he was knocking Bill about!” Gordon defended squaring up to him.

“Stop...please...this isn’t helping anyone.” Maggie interjected.

“You are right...sorry.” Gordon apologised. “So what do we do now?”

“Ring round their friends, I guess?” Feanor replied.

A police officer approached. “We will keep you informed. We’ll take down your numbers and contact you when we have any news. Meanwhile I think you should all go home.”

Tom sat on his bedroom floor in a state of depression with the small black box in his hand. No news had come in about the missing brothers and none of their friends had heard from them and now it was Christmas Eve. Feanor was still staying at the B&B refusing to leave until he found his sons. Gordon had been out every day since looking for them mainly because Bill made him. He still blamed Gordon for Elladan running away and vowed never to forgive him.

“We’re going out for bit boys; don’t mess up the place as I won’t have to time to clean up before the party.” Simone called upstairs.

The twins heard the front door slam shut. Bill got up from his bed and went into Tom’s room through the adjoining door.

“What’ve you got there?” Bill looked at the small black object that his twin was staring at.

Tom stuffed it into his oversized jean pocket. “Nothing.”

Bill sat down on the floor next to him. “I don’t know why Mom is still holding this party...I’m not in the mood.”

“Me either.” Tom replied dejectedly.

“Shall we put mom and Gordon’s presents under the tree?” Bill asked.

“You can!” Tom replied.

“I’ve already put Elladan’s.” Bill sighed. “And Nen’s”

“Why? Do you think they are coming back?” Tom looked at his twin.

“I hope so...Elladan is my husband.” Bill replied. “That should count for something...I mean he might come back for me?”

“Don’t hold your breath.” Tom muttered under his breath.

Bill got up from the floor. “I’ll put the presents under the tree.”

Bill walked downstairs with his arms laden with presents; the door bell rang causing him to almost drop them.

“Hold on.” Bill called and ran into the living room and dumped the presents on the sofa. He then ran to the front door to answer it.

“We have a delivery for a Bill Arvenien?” A tall thick set man said standing on the step.

“For me?” Bill smiled a little and wondered what it could be. Everything he had ordered for people for Christmas had already arrived and wrapped up.

“I have strict instructions to unpack and set up it up for you without you seeing.” The man stated.

“You’re not saying that cuz you're gonna steal our valuables?” Bill asked cautiously.

The man chuckled. “No... it’s a Christmas present from...” He looked at his clipboard. “Mr Elladan Arvenien.”

Bill’s hand flew up to his mouth and he began to tremble. "The present." He repeated and remembered that Elladan had told him that his Christmas present would be arriving on Christmas Eve. Bill bit his lip and a lump formed in his throat.

“You had better bring it in.” Bill said in a small quivering voice. “I’ll wait in the kitchen.”

When Bill came out of the kitchen after the same delivery man knocked on the kitchen door and asked for a signature, he noticed that the living room door was now closed. The raven-head waved the men off then slowly went over to the living room door and opened it. He peered round the door and looked first at the sofa and tree. Bill sighed with relief to see that they hadn’t ran off with his presents. Bill then looked over to the opposite side of the large double living room.

“OH...MY...GOD! “Bill ran up to the beautiful large white grand piano with a large red bow attached it.

The piano was the most elegant and beautiful thing he had ever seen. Bill ran his hand over the top of it then opened the lid; he sat on the plush black stool that stood in front. He pressed down on a couple of notes. “Oh Elladan.” He whispered, tears running down his cheeks. "It's beautiful."

He began to play ‘Clocks’ but couldn’t finish it as his body was overcome with heart rendering sobs. Bill closed the piano and stood up.

“Mom...you’d better come quickly.” Tom said urgently when Simone came through the front door with Gordon half an hour later.

Simone immediately put down the grocery shopping bags and followed Tom into the living room. Gordon wasn’t far behind. Bill was lying in foetal position underneath the piano sobbing his heart out.

“It must be Elladan’s Christmas present to Bill.” Tom whispered. “I’ve tried speaking to him but he’s not responding.” Tom was close to tears himself.

“Bill darling?” Simone knelt down. “Please come out from there?”

Bill blanked her.

“What shall we do?” Simone looked up at Gordon. “The guests will be arriving in five hours.”

“Don’t worry I think he’ll be out from under there by then.” Gordon smiled at his wife.

“Is that all you can think about?” Tom looked appalled. His parents were more concerned about the party than all the shit that was happening to him and Bill.

“No...But life goes on.” Gordon replied tactlessly. He bent down to Bill. “Bill...come out of there!” He then reached out and pulled him by gripping him under the arms.

“GET OFF ME! GET OFF ME! Bill kicked and screamed. “I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!”

Bill became hysterical. Gordon managed to get him on to his feet then slapped his face to calm him down.

Simone gasped out loud.

“Get off him!” Tom screamed pushing Gordon off.

Tom put his arm around his sobbing twin.

“FIND ELLADAN!” He yelled at Gordon then steered Bill out of the living room.

Bill collapsed but Tom managed to catch him in time. The dread-head picked his twin up princess style and carried him up the stairs. “Don’t worry...Elladan loves you...he’ll be back.” Tom whispered; he hoped he was right.

He laid Bill down on his bed and lay down next to him he pulled him close and hugged him until his sobs subsided and he fell asleep.

The house phone rang in the hall two hours later. It woke Tom up, he heard Gordon answer it.

“Simone! Come here!” he heard Gordon call.

Tom heard Simone rushing out of the kitchen. The dread-head got up from the bed and covered Bill up with the blue fleecy blanket that was folded on the chair. Tom went down stairs. His mother was crying.

“What’s happened?” Tom suddenly felt sick. He feared it was bad news.

“That was Erodin...he said that Elladan and Nenya have been staying at his but are on their way to the station to catch a train to London. I must go!”

Tom punched the air.”Yes! I’ll come with you...but I must get something...hold on!”

Tom raced upstairs, changed into his shirt and suit then grabbed the small black box from his drawer in the dresser and put it his jacket pocket. He released his dreads from the tie and smoothed them down in the mirror. Tom picked up his cologne and splash himself then put on his boots.

“Come on Tom!”

“I’m coming!” Tom shouted then appeared at the top of the stairs.

Gordon cocked an eyebrow but said nothing about Tom’s appearance. Tom followed Gordon out to the car.

“They're planning to catch the four thirty train.” Gordon unlocked the car and jumped in.

Tom clambered into the passenger seat. “Go go go!” He shouted as he checked his watch. They had twenty minutes.

Gordon put his foot down and the car sped out of the driveway.