Status: Weekly :)

Kiss and Control

Chapter Forty Nine

Things moved quickly for the Tokio Hotel after that first meeting with David Jost and the four teens were sat outside his London office, two weeks later. The boys, along with their parents, had been invited down to sign contracts and meet with management and other important people who would be involved in their future as one of Universal’s newest investments in the music industry.

“I can’t believe this is really happening for us.” Tom said to Bill excitedly. He had wanted this for as long as he could remember and now it was finally happening.

Bill bit his lip anxiously. “I shouldn’t be sighning anything without Elladan knowing. I feel like I’m going behind his back.” The raven-head sat there fiddling with his two rings, the wedding and eternity band.

Tom reached out and put a comforting hand on his twin’s knee. “Elladan is in New York...besides you don’t need his permission.”

Bill blinked back the tears that had suddenly filled his eyes. He did need Elladan’s permission that was the problem. His husband had made it perfectly clear before he left for New York that he was not allowed to make any big decisions without running it by him first. Elladan’s threat of teaching him the meaning of obedience still beleaguered him after their row about his singing career taking second place to his husband's modelling one.

Tom moved his hand on top of Bill’s. “Hey...what’s the matter?” Tom had seen the tears pool in his twin’s eyes and guessed it was something to do with Elladan.

“It doesn’t matter.” Bill gave Tom a small smile.

Tom eyed Bill suspiciously. He was hiding something and that something had to do with Elladan. “You know you can talk to me right? I’ve told you before...I would never throw you marrying that douchebag back in your face. If he’s hurting you or treating you bad...you can tell me?”

Bill nodded. “I know but I can’t come running to you every time I have a marital problem. I need to deal with it myself.”

Tom’s eyes narrowed. “So there is a problem?”

“I never said that.”

“You don’t have to Bill...it’s written all over your face.”

Bill’s face reddened. He looked down at his hands.

“Spill it!”

Bill sighed. “It’s my own fault.”

“What is?” Tom demanded.

Georg and Gustav looked over.

“Shhhh.” Bill frowned.

“Well? Tell me?” Tom hissed in hushed tones.

“I erm...I promised... to keep my vow of obedience so he wouldn’t leave me.” Bill felt foolish and ashamed of admitting this to Tom.

“You promised to obey him?”

Bill bit his bottom lip and nodded. “Honour and obey.” He whispered quietly almost inaudible.

Tom’s eyebrows shot up. “You fucking what?” He shouted.

Bill looked up fast. Georg and Gustav were sat on the opposite side of the room staring; so was David Jost’s secretary.

Bill’s face was bright red now and he was on the verge of tears again. He stood up and walked over to the window. Tom followed him.

“Bill.” Tom pulled at his twin’s arm to get him to face him. “I’m sorry but don’t ya think that’s a tad Victorian?”

Bill shrugged. “He’s my husband and I took the vows.” He wiped a stray tear that had fallen.

“Has he told you not to do this?” Tom asked, wondering if his and the band’s dreams were about to end before it even started. “You can’t not sign the contract...this is what we all want.”

“I know but...”

“Bill please...you should leave him if he’s standing in your way.”

“I can’t...”

“Bill! If you don’t do this I’ll never forgive you!” Tom was now on the verge of tears.

The office door opened. Tom could see Gordon and the G’s fathers inside. David motioned for the boys to come in.

“Please Bill...I beg you...don’t destroy our dreams.” Tom looked pleadingly at his twin.

Gustav and Georg hesitated before going in to the office they sensed that something was up with Bill. They looked back at the twins at the window. Bill caught their troubled and apprehensive faces. He knew he couldn’t let them down or Tom; he would just have face the consequences and endure whatever Elladan inflicted on him.

Elladan opened the front door with his key. He set down his case in the hallway and walked into the silent living room. Simone and Gordon looked up.

“Hi love...how was New York?” Simone greeted warmly.

“Fantastic...the American’s really know how to live.” Elladan smiled. “Is Bill upstairs?”

Simone and Gordon exchanged puzzled glances then looked back at their son-in-law.

“He and Tom are in London.” Gordon answered.

Elladan’s face changed. “London? Why is Bill in London?”

“Didn’t he tell you?” Simone enquired with a furrowed brow, after looking at her husband again. It was obvious that Bill hadn’t told Elladan that he was in London recording and she wondered why.

“Would I be asking if he had!?” Elladan snapped.

“Don’t take that tone with my wife!” Gordon instructed sternly.

“I’m sorry.” Elladan apologised. “Why is he in London?” Elladan sat down on the sofa next to Simone.

“The boys are recording songs and a video to go with the release of their first single.” Simone answered excitedly. “Isn’t that wonderful?”

Elladan’s face was like thunder as he stared back at her. He didn’t think it wonderful as he didn’t know that the band had even been signed. Elladan’s nostrils flared as he inhaled deeply and he stood up abruptly.

“I’m going to my father’s house!” He announced angrily. “No point being here now...I might as well spend my time with Nen.”

“Elladan wait!” Simone stood up. “I don’t understand why Bill didn’t tell you...have you two not been in touch with each other?”

“Yes we have...I don’t know why he didn’t tell me.” Elladan picked up his case and opened the front door, slamming it hard behind him.

Simone turned to Gordon for answers.

“Bill obviously had good reasons for not telling him.” Gordon grimaced and went back to his newspaper.

Simone sucked in her bottom lip then sat back down and picked up her book. She didn’t start reading as her mind was in deep thought as to why her son hadn’t told Elladan about Universal and London.

Nenya was sat on his bed painting his toenails bubblegum pink listening to Kill Hannah on his iPod speakers. He looked up suddenly when his bedroom door opened and a loose curler rolled out of his hair. “Shit!” He groaned then his face broke into a wide smile. “Ell...you’re back?”

Elladan grinned and walked over to the bed. He picked up the stray curler and pinned it back into his brother’s hair securely. Nenya stuck the brush back into its bottle and placed it on his bedside table. He then threw his arms around his brother’s neck who had sat down next to him.

“Missed you.”

“Missed you too sweetheart.” Elladan smiled and kissed his cheek.

Nenya eyed his brother as his expression changed to one of sadness. “Wussup Ell?”

“He never told me.” Elladan lay down on the bed.

Nenya shuffled up the bed and lay down next to him. “What didn’t he tell you?” He stroked his brother’s cheek tenderly with love. He guessed Elladan was referring to Bill.

“About London or the fact they’ve been signed.” Elladan replied with narrowed eyes.

Nenya bit his lip. “Maybe he didn’t get the chance to.”

“Nen...I spoke to him two days ago...he must’ve known then? When did this all take place exactly?” He sighed heavily.

“They all went down to sign contracts three days ago then travelled down again yesterday to start recording.”

Elladan shook his head. He couldn’t believe Bill had gone behind his back. He got up off the bed.

“You okay Ell?” Nenya enquired. He was concerned that his brother would do something stupid.

“Yeah I’m fine...gonna spend a few days here.” Elladan left the bedroom to go to his own.

Bill’s phone vibrated in his pocket then Kiss & Control sang out and immediately he felt nauseous. He reached into his pocket and rejected his husband’s call.

“You gonna have to talk to him some time.” Tom sighed as he sat across from his twin in the studio. Bill had been ignoring Elladan’s calls for the past two hours.

“I can’t.” Bill began fiddling subconsciously with his rings. “I’m scared of what he might say.” He admitted.

“You’ve should’ve told him or left him.” Tom replied putting his down his guitar.

“Tom...I can’t just leave him. In spite of everything I still love him.”

Tom rolled his eyes. “You should’ve told him...what could he have done thousands of miles away?”

Bill’s phone rang again. Bill pulled it out of his pocket and stared at his husband’s id flashing on the screen. It made him feel sick with nerves. Tom grabbed it out of his hand and answered it.

“Hey Elladan its Tom...Bill’s busy right now...he'll call you later.”

Tom removed the phone from his ear when Elladan began shouting abuse, he returned it when he finished.

“So he never told you...big whoop....deal with it dude!” Tom disconnected the call.

Georg sniggered. Gustav raised his brows and David Jost looked mildly shocked.

“Whaaaat?” Tom said looking at David. “Bill's husband is an asshole...wait til you meet him.” Tom scowled.

Bill blushed uncomfortably.

David frowned. “Yeah...about your husband.” He began as he pulled up a stool to sit next to the raven head singer. He was quite shocked when he found out that Bill was gay and married to a man.

Bill looked anxiously at the band manager wondering what was coming.

“Universal feels that it would be better if you kept you marriage quiet.” David said apologetically knowing that Bill would probably go off on one. Even though the man had only known Bill a matter of days he could tell he was a highly strung teen.

Tom, Georg and Gustav were now listening intently. They could just picture how Elladan would take to that piece of news.

“How do you mean?” Bill asked.

“Well...you are four good looking boys in a band who will hopefully be attracting thousands of female fans. Now it would be in the band’s interested for these fans to believe that you are young free and single, as it were, and available. These girls will be dreaming of dating you guys and will be throwing themselves at you.” David grinned.

Tom and Georg were grinning like maniacs; this sounded fantastic.

“I don’t know...I mean Elladan wouldn’t be happy about it.”

“Bill...you have no choice I’m afraid. Now the rest of you are single right?” David looked at the other three teens.

“Yeah...I’m single dude!” Georg grinned.

“I have a casual girlfriend...nothing to serious at the moment.” Gustav stated.

Tom remained quiet and he scratched the back of his neck.

“Tom?”

“I um...I’m engaged to Nenya but...no way am I thinking of marriage.” He added quickly.

“Oh yes...the fight at the cafe.” David smirked recalling the first time he had laid eyes on the band.

“Well you will have to keep her secret too.”

Georg sniggered. “Nenya’s a dude, dude!”

Tom shot the bass player a dirty look.

David’s mouth dropped open with complete shock. The others weren’t quite sure where it was because the manager couldn’t believe Nenya was a boy or that fact that Tom was gay.

“I’m not gay!” Tom blurted out with a red face. “At least I’ve always been into girls until...well I mean I'm still am but...”

“Y...you don’t seem...well I would never have guessed that you...” David stuttered trying to find the right words as not to offend the dread head.

“But you were not shocked about me?” Bill cut in crossly standing up placing his hands of his hips. “Because I wear makeup?”

David jumped then got a little flustered. “I ...I...I was surprised about you being married but no not you being gay. Sorry...I didn’t mean to stereotype because of the...” David waved his hand in front of Bill face motioning to his makeup.

Georg sniggered and shook his head. Bill was standing in that girlish way with hands on hips and having a slight hissy fit and HE was offended that David assumed he was gay.

Bill narrowed his eyes at the bass player. Georg straightened his face quickly not wanting to be roasted by the singer’s tongue.

“Okay we’re done for the day...go back to your hotel and relax cuz we’ve a busy day again tomorrow.”

The four teens got their stuff together and filed out of the studio to the awaiting taxi.

“So what we gonna do tonight?” Tom asked after they had dinner in the hotel restaurant.

“Well Gusti and I might hit a club.” George replied with a wide grin.

“Sounds good.” Tom agreed eagerly.

“Sorry dude but you’re not old enough to get in.” Georg said with a smirk.

Tom’s face fell. “That so not fair! Can’t we just sneak in or something?”

“Not a chance...you’ll need ID.”

Tom kicked at the floor. “That fucking sucks big time!”

“We can hang out at the gaming room?” Bill suggested.

“S’pose...” Tom replied dejectedly.

The twins made their way to the hotel’s gaming room after Georg and Gustav left them.

Three days later the four teens were on the way home. Bill was apprehensive, wondering how Elladan would react to him. The raven head did attempt to call Elladan that same night but Elladan let his call go to voice mail. He was clearly angry. Bill bit at his thumb nail looking out of the carriage window. The train back was crowded but luckily the record label paid for them to sit in first class. It was only a three hour journey but the four teens were shattered after the hectic four days spent slogging their guts out with recording, filming and photographic sessions. After the train they took a taxi which dropped each of them home, Bill and Tom being the last stop.

“Home at last.” Tom sighed, picking up his luggage. “I need a shower.” He walked up the their front door.

Bill let out a deep sigh and followed Tom. For the first time in his life he felt needed a strong drink to calm his nerves, he was more nervous now than he had been at the gig night at the cafe.

“We’re home!” Tom called as soon as Bill shut the front door.

Simone came rushing out and threw her arms around the twins. “I missed you.” She covered them with kisses.

“Mum! Please!” Tom tried to get away.

“Gordon’s in the living room...come in and tell us all your news.” Simone dragged her twins in by the hand.

“Mum...we’re tired and need a shower.”

“Oh but we want to hear all about it.” She complained with disappointment.

“Fine...” Tom sighed at let her drag him in.

“Mum...where’s Elladan?” Bill asked nervously; he felt like he was going to retch any moment.

“He’s at his father’s house...has been since he came back from New York. Bill...why didn’t you tell him about London?” Simone asked frowning.

Bill bit at his lip, not sure exactly what to say. He couldn’t just blurt out that Elladan was trying control his life, that he was allowing it to a certain extent and was too afraid to stand up to him. Elladan was a bully and a control freak but Bill wasn’t sure how to deal with it or whether that was how things were in a marriage; one domineering and one not. Elladan had obviously taken the male role and his role was in theory the wife.

Tom could see Bill’s uneasiness with Simone’s question. “Bill had his reasons.” Tom offered, hoping his mother would drop it.

Gordon looked suspiciously at Bill. Bill shifted uncomfortable on the sofa where he and Tom were sitting.

“I’m gonna go see him.” Bill announced suddenly and stood up.

“D’ya want me to come with ya?” Tom asked, searching Bill's pale and apprehensive face.

Simone and Gordon exchanged curious glances.

Bill nodded, with a half smile.

The two boys walked out of the house and out on to the street. Bill scuttled to the gutter and promptly vomited.

“Bill...this isn’t normal...you shouldn’t be afraid of your husband.” Tom held Bill’s hair back and rubbed his back as he bent forward to retch once more. “Nenya’s not afraid of me.”

Bill stood up straight, wiped his mouth with his sleeve then released a nervous laugh. “But you’re afraid of him.”

“Am not!” Tom replied indignantly, flushing slightly.

Bill cocked a pierced brow.

“Okay just a tad maybe.” Tom grinned sheepishly. “ But I don’t vomit violently every time I come into contact with him.”

“Point taken.” Bill inhaled deeply. “Let’s get this over and done with.” Bill linked his twin’s arm. Time to face the music.