Status: Weekly :)

Kiss and Control

Chapter Eight

“I’ll see you later...I need to lock my guitar away.” Tom said to Bill as they entered the main building. The twins had walked to school this morning as Gordon had to be in early.

Tom walked to Gordon’s office which was inside one the large music rooms used for guitar lessons; the door was locked. The dread head decided to try the staff room.

Tom knocked then entered. Gordon looked up from the kitchen area. “Hey Tom...are you looking for me?”

“Yeah...I need the key to your office, I want to lock the guitar away.”

Tom had art and science this morning which meant that he wouldn’t need the guitar until the afternoon.

“Didn’t you have breakfast before you left?” Tom questioned as he watched Gordon butter a slice of toast.

“I did...this is not for me. Mr Davies’s secretary asked me to make some breakfast for her.” Gordon motioned to the student huddled in the corner.

“How come?” Tom asked concerned.

“She was found distressed on the school door step first thing, apparently been there for some time. I can’t get a word out of her...maybe you could try?” Gordon handed the plate of buttered toast and a mug of hot chocolate to Tom.

Tom rolled his eyes. “I’ll try..I’ll give her some of the Tom Kaulitz charm.” He waggled his eyebrows then walked over to the figure clad in a blanket. As he got closer he recognised the student who was sucking on a lolly pop. Tom smirked at Gordon thinking that the student was a girl.

“Hey Nenya...wassup?” Tom placed the toast and hot chocolate on the coffee table next to where he was sitting then pulled a chair to take a seat opposite.

Two large wet brown eyes looked up. Tom’s face changed to one of seriousness. Nenya looked terrible, he looked like he had been crying for a long time and his face was covered with black streaks of mascara and eyeliner. Tom looked down to see what teen was holding.

“Who’s that?” Tom questioned looking at the pretty woman, who looked very much like Nenya, in the photograph that the teen was tracing with his finger.

“My mum.” Nenya whispered hoarsly.

“She’s pretty...where is she?” Tom wondered if perhaps she had left or something because he was holding the picture.

“She died...two years ago.” Nenya informed him.

“Oh...I’m sorry.” Tom felt a lump form in his throat. He thought about his own mother...he would be devastated if she ever died. “Is that why you're crying?” Tom asked softly.

Nenya shrugged.

“Where’s Elladan?” Tom asked thinking he would be better off talking to his brother rather than himself.

Fresh tears rolled down his cheek and his mouth quivered. “I don’t know.” He whispered. “I thought he might be at school.”

Tom frowned and flicked at lip ring. “Don’t you come to school together?”

“Usually but he ran away last night.” Nenya sniffed then stuck the lolly back in his mouth.

Tom pulled a tissue from the box on the table and gave it to pretty teen boy. “Why?”

“My father kept on hitting him and wouldn’t stop.”

Tom’s mouth dropped open in horror. The dread head couldn’t imagine Gordon hitting him or Bill; sure, his stepfather had a bad temper and yelled a lot but he wouldn’t lay a finger on them or at least he hoped he wouldn’t.

“D...did your father hurt you?” Tom stammered, trying to get his head around it. He had big heart and couldn't bear anyone being hurt for no reason.

Nenya shook his head. “He only ever hurts Elladan…don’t tell him I told you or he’ll get angry with me. He doesn't like me discussing our homelife."

Tom didn’t know what to say. He picked up the mug of hot chocolate. “Drink this...it will make you feel better.”

Nenya took the mug and began to sip gratefully at it. Tom cast his eye over the tiny frame and wondered when the last time the boy had eaten; he was painfully thin...even more so than Bill -and Tom thought him bordering on anorexic.

Tom stood up. “I’ll be right back.” He instinctively kissed the teen on the head. It seemed to be the natural thing to do under the circumstances.

Tom sighed heavily as he approached Gordon who was working on his lap top.

“How is she? Did she say anything? “Gordon enquired of his stepson.

Tom decided not to mention that Nenya was, in fact, a boy; Gordon wasn’t very good around boys who wore makeup. “Nenya’s brother ran away last night because their father beat him up.”

“He what? Is he alright?” Gordon eyes opened wide.

“Nenya came early to school to find him...did you know their mother died two years ago?” Tom replied thickly his eyes slightly glazed with sadness.

“Poor kids.” Gordon remarked. “I will speak with Mr Davies...he will know more about the family and their history. Will you look after Nenya until we find the brother?”

“Sure...” Tom walked back over to the upset teen.

Meanwhile, Bill had gone to practice the piano before registration. He found Elladan sitting at one of the pianos, brooding.

“Hi...” Bill said shyly as he closed the door after entering.

The goth teen looked up with sad heavily made up violet eyes and offered a tiny smile before looking away.

“Shouldn’t you be making good use of the room instead of just sitting there?” The raven head joked, remembering Elladan once saying the same sort of thing to him.

Elladan sighed heavily then bent down to pick up the music sheet that had dropped onto the floor earlier.

Bill gasped as Elladan’s short fitted t-shirt rose up to reveal large purple bruising to his lower back and side. “Holy fuck, Elladan! Who did that to you?”

Elladan winced with the pain as he shot up and pulled his t-shirt down and turned to face Bill. “It’s nothing...” He dismissed, not wanting to discuss it.

Bill pulled up a stool and sat down in front of Elladan. He took the goth teen’s hands in his. “That is not nothing...that is serious!”

Elladan narrowed his eyes as he looked out of the window to his right. “My father got a little carried away last night...he was drunk...he’ll be sorry later then everything will go back to normal. We should get to registration.” Elladan pulled his hands free and stood up.

“You have to tell someone...this is all wrong.” ‘Bill pleaded and stood up too.

“NO!” Elladan snapped. “My brother will be taken into care. Promise me you won’t tell anyone?” He frowned heavily.

Bill flinched at Elladan’s ferocity. “Okay...I promise.”

Bill crossed his fingers behind his back because he didn’t think he could keep quiet about something as serious as this. He would talk to Tom. Tom was sensible and would know what to do. He always did.

“I’ll see you in the cafeteria at lunch time.” Elladan said before leaving Bill to go to his form room.

Bill smiled to himself; the goth teen wanted to meet at lunch time. But his happiness was tinged with sadness because of Elladan’s disturbing homelife. Bill looked at his watch then sprinted up the corridor to his form room not wanting to be late. As he neared the door, he could see his twin having words with Erodin and Nenya.

“What have you done to Nenya, you douche bag?” Erodin demanded pulling Nenya away from Tom.

“I’ve not done anything so back off!” Tom shouted. “I’ve been told to keep an eye on him.”

“By who?” Erodin demanded as he narrowed his eyes at the dread head which he hated.

“My stepfather…Mr Trumper…if you must know!”

“Well, I’ll take it from here…he’s my best mate.” Erodin growled. He was jealous that Tom was getting friendly with Nenya and he was also jealous that Tom had such a cool father – a father in general as he didn’t. Well not one that he ever known.

“Whatever…” Tom pushed past the pair and went in the form room.

Bill arrived not long after. “What was that all about?” He asked sitting down next to Tom.

Tom’s face was like thunder, one of these days he was going to give Erodin what was coming to him. He looked at his twin.

“Nenya was in the staffroom with Gordon. He’d come to school in a bad way so Gordon asked me to look out for him but that fucking dickhead got all jealous like and basically told me to get lost.”

“Really? Did he get beaten up or something?” Bill asked anxiously. He was wondering if Nenya had been hit by his father too. Bill bit his lip worriedly.

“No but apparently Elladan ran away because his father beat him up.” Tom whispered.

“He ran away?” Bill brow creased up; Elladan failed to mention that part to him. “Tom I...I saw really bad big bruises on Elladan’s back. He told me that his father was drunk when he did it.” The younger twin said hesitantly. Tom was unaware of what had been taking place between Elladan and himself of late, and he was likely to react badly to it.

“He told you?” Tom narrowed his eyes with suspicion; since when was Bill on speaking terms with the goth? “How come?”

Bill bit down nervously on his bottom lip again. “W..we bumped into one another in one of the practice rooms.” He stammered and his face coloured up a bright red.

Tom was about to reply but the form teacher called them out and told them off for talking during roll call. The twins hadn’t even notice him come in as they were too deep in their conversation about the Arvenien brothers.

“Hey Storm…you okay?” Tom said as he stood in the line of students waiting to be let in to the art classroom.

“Yeah I’m good ta…” She replied turning red with embarrassment. “Sorry about last night.”

“No worries…” The dread head replied grinning. He put his muscular arm around the tiny girl’s shoulders and hugged her close. He kissed the top of her head.

Penny nudged Brianna then nodded toward Tom as he did so. Her mouth fell open with disbelief.

“What do you think you are doing?” She demanded and pulled Tom by a fist full of hoodie, away from Storm.

“Get your hands off what you can’t afford.” He said pushing her off annoyed and smoothing out the material that she had creased with her hand.

“Tomikins don’t be like that…you are my boyfriend not hers!”

“More’s the pity…” Bill said under his breath.

A few students heard and snickered.

Brianna narrowed her eyes at Bill. Did that fag say something about her? She would pay him back sometime soon if he did, she mused angrily.

The art teacher arrived. “Sorry I’m late people.” She opened the door at let them in.

Tom and Bill were seated next to each other, with Storm and Andreas too their left, Nenya and Julian opposite and Kiro and Penny on their right. Tom caught Nenya’s eye and smiled at him, Nenya gave a shy smile back then turned his attention to the teacher who was addressing the class.

“I want you to draw the bowl of fruit using pastels.” Miss Nightingale said indicating to the bowls sitting on each of the tables they students were sat at.

“The best ones will be put on display in the main hall for all to see.” She said enthusiastically.

“That counts you out skank!” Erodin called out to Brianna.

“Fuck you asshole!” Brianna gave him the middle finger.

“You wish?” Erodin replied laughing along with some of the others.

“What a fucktard!” Tom said loudly.

Erodin jumped up from his seat. “You wanna say that to my face motherfucker?” He grabbed Tom by his dreads and dragged him out of his seat.

If there was one thing Tom couldn’t stand, it was someone touching his hair; he saw red and turned fast thumping Erodin in the face. Erodin immediately let go as he flew against the table behind.

“BREAK IT UP YOU TWO!” Miss Nightingale shouted as she tried to get in the middle of them.

Andreas jumped up and grabbed hold of Tom around his chest and held him back. Nenya went over to do the same to Erodin because no one else dared.

“Thank you boys.” She said to them both. “Any more from you two and you will be in detention. Now sit down!” That was of course directed at Tom and Erodin.

Tom shook himself free from Andreas. “Okay…let me go I’m fine.”

The bleached blonde boy let go and Tom sat down heavily in his seat and picked up a pastel, his nostril flaring with anger.

On their way to lunch, Bill and Tom saw Elladan come out of the principal’s office with Nenya and he was not looking happy, not that he ever did mind you. The brothers began to argue. Elladan shoved Nenya up against the wall. Bill looked at Tom, his eyes wide with horror. The twins ran over to break up the fight.

“I told you to keep your mouth shut!” They heard Elladan shout.

“Get off me!” Nenya tried to free himself from his brother’s grip.

“What’s going on?” Tom demanded.

“Keep out of this!” Elladan shouted.

“I didn’t say anything to him or Mr Trumper.” Nenya hissed.

“What has Mr Trumper got to do with this?” The teen goth demanded.

“I told my stepfather...Mr Trumper? Nenya was upset when he came to school this morning very early so he was taken up to the staff room for breakfast. My stepfather told me talk to him...this is my fault not Nenya’s”

“You shouldn’t have told him!” Elladan growled at Nenya whilst pointing at Tom.

“Y...you confided in me.” Bill spoke up timidly, trying to justify Nenya confiding in Tom.

Elladan turned abruptly his eyes murderous black colour to look at Bill. Bill bit his lip and took a step back. The teen goth advanced menacingly towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
anything to say? :/