Unholy Matrimoney

Chapter 1

So, it was Halloween night. It started out like any other October 31st, kids running around, begging for candy; jacko-lanterns lined the street, giving off an eerie glow. It was like every other year in the place you call Seattle. Until the night falls, and that’s when the real terror begins; and no, I’m no talking about kids egging houses. Or even things like Ouija boards for that matter either. My friends did what we did every year, even though we were all nineteen or twenty; we still went trick-or-tricking. Who doesn’t like free candy? Then all of us would go to one of our houses and watch horror flicks. No big deal right? That couldn’t be more wrong.

My real evening began with my mother calling me and telling me she needed me home immediately. I just hoped that everything was fine. Or just that my brothers did something stupid again. But we can’t all get what we want right? Well whatever it was, I didn’t have a good feeling about it. I just knew that something went wrong even though nobody confirmed it yet. I was usually right about these things. I had a good intuition. I quickly apologized to my friends and sprinted out into the cold. The Halloween decorations and houses become a blur as I whizzed pas them. The cold was making my cheeks rosy, and the wind was making my eyes water. I ran as fast as I could for the two blocks to my own house. I ran up the steps to the door and push it open.

I saw my mom at the kitchen table with a man I didn’t recognize.

“What is it?” I panted obviously out of breath.

My mother remained calm.

“Take a seat, Natalie.” The man spoke. I

did as I was told but not before giving my mother a ‘who is this guy?’ look. I took the time to study the man; he had shaggy blond hair and piercing blue eyes. They seemed to be filled with such solitude. My mother cleared her throat attentively
.
“Mr. Bryar, why don’t you tell her why you’re here?” My mother spoke calmly.

“I’ve come for her,” he stated simply.

I’ve got this dumb expression on my face like I don’t understand, because I don’t. I look at him questionably. My mother stays silent.

“Now Laura, don’t act like you didn’t have any part of this.” He spoke annoyed.

“Any part of what?” my voice was small, but with each passing second I became more curious. He gave my mother a look that said: ‘you better explain yourself, or else.’

“Precisely this day twenty years ago I made a deal,” she said folding her hands in her lap.

“I don’t have all day Laura,” Mr. Bryar said annoyed.

She gulped and continued. “Back then, when I was about your age, my group of friends and I were Satanists. I don’t know why I thought that was the coolest thing to do.” She shook her head. “So it’s Halloween night, I was out with my friends; we were trying to summon the devil. Let’s say I got more than I bargained for.”

I really didn’t like where this was going. “He only came to me because…um, I was a…virgin.” She said. It didn’t take long for me to put two and two together.

“What the fuck?” I hissed
♠ ♠ ♠
So there you have it...a new story!
Tell me what you think!