Unholy Matrimoney

Chapter 3

She looked up at me with her make-up running down her face. “I’m sorry,” she said sniffling.

I leaned up against the wall, looking up at the ceiling. “That’s why I never got sick, nothing; nothing was ever wrong with me.” Wow, that was a big epiphany. And then I realized, it hit me all at once; like a piece of glass shattering at once. I’m the devil’s daughter, I’m engaged to him and I’m going to rule the throne with him. “But why? Why does it have to be me?” Why can’t you rule the throne with him?” I craned my neck to the left to face her.

“Because I’m mortal,” she said.

“So? I’m mortal too!” I was growing frustrated.

“Half,” she corrected.

“Exactly, I’m half mortal. I shouldn’t be doing this!” I argued.

“Yes, but you have enough immortality to rule with Gerard!” she spoke determined.

“I’m mortal and immortal? That doesn’t make any sense!” I threw my hands up in the air.

“Nothing makes sense in hell.” She said.

“No! I am not going to be incest with my father! No, I will not stand for it!” my fists were balled up at my side.

“But you have to,” she said calmly.

“But why me, huh? Why couldn’t he find someone else to impregnate?” my lip was trembling again.

“He just chose me! I don’t know!” she said defeated.

“So he raped you, huh?”

The fact that the devil can physically come to earth still riddled me.

“You can’t rape the willing,” she said lowly.

“This whole thing is disgusting me,” I said.

When I looked over at her again she had this weird dazed look in her eyes.

“He was just so charming and beautiful. He tempted me, I couldn’t… resist.” She trailed off.

“This still confuses me, how can ‘Gerard’ come to earth in a physical form?” I asked suddenly becoming interested.

“He can do anything he wants,” she said mysteriously.

“So, what did he look like? Did he look human?” I asked. She nodded.

“I remembered him being everything I physically wanted in a man. Average height, long black hair that came to his chin, and the most stunning green eyes you’ll ever see,” She said reminiscing. “He was absolutely perfect,”

“Do I look like him?” I asked amazed.

“Yes,” she said. “So much that, in fact; I look at you everyday and see him.” She went on. Then I thought about something, what about my brothers?

“Then where did Matt and Eli come from?” I asked. Now that I think about it; I look nothing like my brothers.

“When you were about one, I got married to a guy named Rick and had your brothers,” she explained. “About a year after that, we got divorced. You were so young, I doubt you remember any of it.” She looked down. That made sense because Eli and Matt were fraternal twins.

“But you told me that our ‘dad’ left when we were really young. You lied…” I trailed off, very hurt.

“I lied,” she said. “I’m sorry, Natalie.”

I can tell she was hurt as much as I was. I sat back down across from her. I grabbed her hand.

“Are you coming with me?” I asked.

“Sadly, no.”

This time my lip quivered a whole lot and tears started rapidly falling from my green eyes.

“But…he’s an okay guy, I’m pretty sure he’ll let me visit every once in a while or let you come back up here for a bit.” She tried to encourage me. I made my way over to her and collapsed in her arms.

“I-I don’t w-want to g-go,” I managed to get out between sobs. She rubbed my back soothingly.

“Honey, if I knew it was going to end up this way; I never would have done it. " I buried my neck in her chest.

“Huh? I don’t get it.” I mumbled.

“He didn’t tell me after that he was coming back.” She explained.

“I see,” I paused. “So where do you stand in all of this?”

“I don’t really know, but I know fore sure that I have to stay here with your brothers.

”Do they know?”

“No, I’m going to have to tell them at the right time,”

“I mean this just seems so weird; I have to be the queen of hell with my father? Its incest! Its nasty!” I exclaimed

“I think the same things too sometimes,” she replied “But you know what?”

“What?”

"People there won’t even take that into consideration, they have no shame, and I hate to say this but…” she trailed off and I became worried.