Status: new, on hiatus

The Amy Chronicles

Understanding something

A couple of weeks later, Amy had to go to the food store because her family was out of milk. She and her dad rode to the store. While there her dad's phone rang and he had to go outside, leaving Amy alone in the store. After Amy came up in line a woman walked over to her.
"Do I know you?" Amy asked shyly. She knew she couldn't talk to strangers.
"It's okay" the strange woman said. "Rebecca told me about you. She was friends with my late daughter."
Amy then realized that this was Alison's mother. "It's been a year since Alison's suicide, yet I still miss her." the mom said.
"What happened?" Amy asked.
"Alison was badly bullied by this one girl. I don't know that girl's name, but one night Alison could no longer take it. She then hanged herself by her favorite childhood tree. My husband found her the next day. We found a note by her bed, and that's how we found out she died."
"Do you miss her?" Amy asked.
"Very much," the mom said.
Amy was very shocked. That poor poor girl. Amy never imagined doing that to herself, but this way living proof that it could happen to anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote a different version of this chapter last April. This is a new version.