You're Not a Little Girl Anymore

nine.

I let out a steady breath.

Jacksonville? Yeah, I was planning to go home, but now? It seemed too soon. But the perfect situation to go back home would be with Tim. I had the utmost respect and trust in him and if I asked if we could ever go back, we'd be in Colorado by the next morning.

"You don't need to answer now. I'm leaving until next Friday. You can even meet me there later on." He said with high hopes.

I gave him a sideway smile, "I'll think about it." I told him as I got up.

I said my goodbyes and exited the restaurant. The wind wasn't too chilly so I trotted home without looking back. I'm sure Tim looked around at least once to offer a ride home that I would inevitably turn down.

When I got home June was sitting happily in front of the television as a college basketball game ran. As much as I'd like to follow basketball, it wasn't my sport.

"Out with Lover Boy?" Juner asked with a howl in her voice.

"Uh. Yeah, just for a bite at the burger joint down the street." I said as I threw my things to the side and plopped on the seat next to her on the couch. There was a moment of silence, the buzzing of the TV filled the large void until I spoke once again, "What's it like back in Texas?"

"Oh man, it's beautiful!" June started. If there was anything June liked more than football it was her hometown. She was convinced it was the best place on earth, "There's tons of space. We have a small farming area so we don't gotta buy many fruits or vegetables. Actually, we seel majority of our's! And my family is such a great help and it's always fun with them." She boasted.

"Your family?"

"Yeah! My family! I have tons of cousins that always comes over to help pick berries or harvest the melons! My momma would always cut them up while we pick them so when were done we have a whole batch ready for us!"

I gave her a faint smile, one that aprreciated the one on her face, "Are you close with your family?"

"Close? Oh man! Of course! We spend everyday together, until I moved here of course. But I talk to them everyday. Actually, I'm heading back home for the break. Since you don't really go anywhere during breaks, why don't you come and visit my family! They'll open you with open arms. Like your own family."

"Like my own family?"

"Well, I don't really know what your family is like. Never met them. You've never talked about them. Are you adoopted or something?" She asked with wide eyes, as if she had just touched a sore subject. Well, she did, but I didn't mind.

I let out a soft chuckle to let her know I wasn't getting emotional of some sort, "Yes, I have a family. I'm just not on good terms with them."

Image

"Are you sure?" He asked as we walked up to the gates. I gave him a brief nod, ready to say goodbye. The airport was loud and busy. "You can always change your mind. Money isn't a problem." He insisted. I knew he was trying to think of my well being, but I decided it would be a good choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
soooorry guys. and omg, how do you feel about tim tebow moving to the jets?!