You're Not a Little Girl Anymore

four.

"No! You don't have all day, mister!" June interjected, "We're dropping off the car at home then going for drinks. If you know my darlin' right here you'd know it's her birthday!"

I groaned.

"Well, we gotta change too, eh?" June swooned, looking over our now soaked outfits. It wasn't like we were in drinking clothes anyways, if there is such thing as drinking clothes. More like partying clothes. Unfortunately for her, I wasn't in much of the mood for partying.

"Birthday? But today is.." He pondered over it for a moment. I was about to interrupt him, saying we had to go but he finished before I could start, "You're 23 now." He grinned. I knew what he was gonna say next. Usually I would say it when my birthday came up, "You're only a year older than me right now. Savor it, cause when my birthday comes I'll make fun of you like no tomorrow."

The corners of my lips tugged upwards, trying to convince me that a smile, a grin, even a blissful sigh would do us good. But I held my ground.

"We're not kids anymore, Tim."

"Just tell me what went wrong. I made a promise that if I ever saw you that I would take you home. God brought you here. God led you to me. This was supposed to happen!" He pleaded, as if it would convince me.

"The only thing that brought me here was a scholarship and my feet." I told him honestly.

By now the other teammates had already left, leaving Tim behind. June had decided to make herself comfortable in the car, where she could dry herself off.

"A scholarship? I remember you were so set on going to the University of Florida with me. We made an agreement, a deal! You never showed up." His anger flared as he waved his arms in the air, raindrops flying off of his grey jacket.

"UC Denver had more for me than any other school could offer." I told him. I could feel my knees weakening. "Unless they had a respecting family to offer."

I turned at my heel and ran to the car.

"Fuck. Let's go." I muttered, trying and ultimately failing at drying my soaked clothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
heeey guys.
can i have one comment? then i'll update.
i didnt get much feedback last chapter.
if you give me negative feedback then i'll delete the last two chapters then rewrite it, is that okay?