You're Not a Little Girl Anymore

six.

"Hey, Tim." I said over the crowd's screams for his attention, "Look, I'd love to talk to you but there's a bus I gotta catch and it's coming.." I glanced at the bus stop to see the my bus pause at the stop for a moment then buzz off. "soon.." I trailed off.

"This is perfect! I'll give you a ride." He said, so sure that it was a great idea.

With the help of the security guard we were slowly escorted into his rusty truck. It was almost identical to the one he had back in Jacksonville. Though it was much bigger than his old one, it still brought back memories of highschool.

I rested my head on the dashboard. The feeling of relaxing was amazing and the scent of his truck was just as his old one.

I think he noticed because he said, "I used the same air freshener."

I didn't reply. Instead I leaned back, more on the cold window this time as he focused on driving. After a few minutes I realized that Tim didn't know where I lived. Instead of asking where we were heading, I turned my head his way.

"Does God plan our lives? Does he choose when we die? When we live?" I whispered as he turned a street.

"When you free a fish into the water, it's their choice as to what they do. You can only point them in the right direction, freeing them into the stream you want them to swim down."

"Bullshit." I mumbled just low enough so he couldn't hear me, "He can't control us."

The rest of the ride was silent. We drove for almost an hour and we passed my exit half an hour ago. I was lucky I was with Tim out of anyone else. If it wasn't then I would be scared he was taking me to an alley or some private place to rape or murder me.

By the scenery I could tell we were heading north. The properties were getting larger and fancier. The rich side.

"We're here." Tim announced as we turned into a small complex of smaller, but still very beautiful looking homes.
♠ ♠ ♠
teeebow. mah maaaan.
let's go baby lets go!.

also, you guys gotta check this out. shes got a great voice and best song lyrics evaaar.