Status: Active as of right now! We will find time to update soon!:)

New Kid in School

Car Troubles

Spanish class went by in a flash and before I knew it, the bell rang signaling that it was time to leave. I gathered my stuff and hurried as fast as I could out, so I wouldn’t have to encounter Santana. I was working my way out of the door when Artie called my name.

“Hey, wait up, Rayne!”

I stopped and turned to walk over to him through the flow of students racing to get out. They almost ran over Mr. Schuester to do so.

“Slow down, you kids!” He yelled over the crowd.

“I wanted to ask you if you’d mind walking with me,” Artie asked shyly, not quite meeting my eye as he spoke. He added quickly mumbling, “It’s okay if you don’t want too.”

I smiled and replied, “Sure.”

We exited the classroom in an awkward silence. Neither one of us said anything, until we were halfway down the hallway. Artie was the one to start the conversation.

“So, you’re new, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I transferred here from Caramel High.”

His eyebrows rose up. “Were you in the Glee Club there, Vocal Adrenaline?”

I laughed with a wave of my hand. “No, but my stepsister, Jade was.”

“Jade Kelley is your stepsister?” He asked with wide eyes.

“Yeah, how do you know her?”

“She was at contest last year. That girl has mad skills.”

I remembered my sister talking about contest, and about how it was a close call, because some glee club called New Direction almost beat them. I wonder how many people have noticed my sister from being in Vocal Adrenaline. I bet quite a few.

“Yeah, so you’re in New Directions?”

“Yes, Mr. Schuester teaches it.”

“Really, I didn’t take him for a gleek.”

He laughed as we came upon the double doors to go out of the school and into the parking lot. We paused at the top of the ramp leading to where the students who had parents picking them up at. The parking lot was full of cars going in and out.

“So, do you sing?”

“Nah, it just isn’t me. Jade is the musical one in the family, but I do enjoying singing, just not in front of other people.”

“Join our glee club, Rayne! You’re bound to get over that.” Artie pleaded, using puppy dog eyes.

I laughed and shook my head, blushing. “I couldn’t.”

“You could.” He smiled. “Just think about it and let me know. Everyone in glee club is pretty supportive. I think you’d fit in just fine.”

I nodded and said goodbye as I walked toward the parking lot to my car.

When I made it to my car, I got in to only find that my car wouldn’t start.

“Damn it!” I yelled in frustration, hitting the steering wheel, which honked. I jumped, so did the guy in front of my car.

“Sorry!” I yelled out at him, rolling down the window.

“Need help?” He asked to my surprise. I raised an eyebrow. This boy wanted to help with my car? I eyed his clothes with a critical eye. He was wearing a scarf and a beret, with a man purse flung across his shoulder. Yeah, there was no way this guy knew a thing about cars.

“Well . . . . .,” I trailed off lost for words. He raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow.

“Girl, let me have a look.” He walks over to the hood of my Volkswagen Beetle. He started tinkering around for a while. I sat there hoping that he wouldn’t mess up my car.

Many people walked by with raised eyebrows, and one of many was the guy I ran into from earlier, Puck.

“Hey, Hummel, you don’t know what you’re doing.” He walked over, and I instantly sunk back into the front seat, so he wouldn’t see me. Unfortunately for me, he noticed me right off the bat. He smirked.

I cowered in fear.

“What seems to be the problem . . . . .?” He trailed off, craning his head low to talk to me through the rolled down window. My face starting heating up, I shifted in my seat.

“Rayne,” I stuttered, swallowing hard, and then, added, “Car troubles.”

“I could help-

He was cut off by the guy, Hummel slamming the hood. “No, need Noah. I am done.” He turned to me and with his hands on his hips. “Rayne, start this bad boy up!”

I did and to mine and Puck’s surprise, it started right up.

“Wow, thanks!”

“It was nothing, really.”

He walked over to the passenger side, opened the door and got in.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Getting a ride home, silly,” He said, while closing the door. “Whoa, these seats are falling apart!”

Annoyed, I replied, “But, you don’t even know me and you want a ride! For all you know I could be a serial killer!”

He looked over at me and rolled his eyes as he belted his seat belt. “Honey, I did you a favor, the least you can do is give me a ride home.”

He did have a point.

He smiled, seeing he had me. “Now, that, that’s said, let’s go. I’ll give you directions to my house."

With that, I started up my car and began to fight my way through the traffic in the parking lot.

"By the way, the names Kurt." He said as I waved goodbye to a baffled Puck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!:D