Carry On, Carrie Ann

Hate or Love?

Her eyes fluttered open when she smelt the familiar scent of her brother's cologne.

"Hey, Mikey," she said in a hoarse whisper as her eyes adjusted to the light in the hospital rooms. The white walls seemed to make the room look brighter. She gazed at her brother as he smiled.

"I thought you were going to miss me," He said as he sat on his younger sister's bed.

"Don't go, Mikey. Please, I'm sick and I need you." Mike sighed and looked down at the ground.

"Carrie, I can't....I can't let my band down," Mike said, still looking at the ground.

"What! It's just a fucking band, Mikey! I'm your sister! You're letting me down! I just had a heart transplant and yet you still want to go on tour? Do I mean anything to you?! I fucking hate you!" Carrie yelled, her voice faltering.

She sat up from her position causing a twinge of pain go through her chest, where her heart was. She clutched her chest and laid back down as the room became blurry. Mike panicked, he pressed the nurse button as a voice rang through the room.

"My sister passed out," he said as he grasped onto Carrie's hand. He gently patted her face, trying to get her to wake up. A nurse quickly came in and checked her pulse.

"You sister is fine. She's on the borderline of conciousness though. She can still hear you, but she might not respond." she said before disapearing out of the room. Mike sighed as he felt a weight lift off his shoulders. He kissed his sister's hand and started to talk.

"I'm sorry, but this could be our big break. I need to be with them. Our first album was a big success and we're getting more and more fans. I want you to know that I love you and that I'll be back for you. So carry on, Carrie Ann, until then," he whispered before kissing her cheek and leaving the room.


Carrie Ann

Dammit! How long am I supposed to fucking wait? It's been a whole year. He promised he would come back for me. How could he do this to me? His own fucking flesh in blood. He can't still be on tour. He just can't be. I hate him!

A girl of atleast sixteen thought bitterly as she sat cross legged on her bed. Her brother was in a band and had left her behind to go on tour. He was the bassist in a popular punk band called Green Day. The bassist had promised her that he would return and take her with him to live with him. She would of been able to go with him on tour, but her condition said otherwise.

Her condition was a heart murmer. Many times when she was little she had to go to the hospital and have surgery done. Her condition had gotten so bad in the past year that she had to have a heart transplant. That's the reason why she couldn't go with him. She groaned and ran her hands through her dyed red hair. Her brown roots were starting to show through again. She got off her bed and walked over to the window and watched the cars roll down the street, but none of them were the old book mobile. She felt tears burn in the corner of her eyes, as she shook her head vigourusly, trying to make the tears go away.

I can't cry. I can't be a fucking puss. I should be glad he's gone.
A single tear rolled down her cheek as she thought of her brother. She missed him and needed him beside her. When she was sick he was always there for her and she couldn't forget that, no matter how hard she tried. She walked out of her room and down the hall, towards his room. She walked inside and looked around. Nothing had changed, everything was where it should be, even his first bass. She walked over to it and knelt down. A thin layer of dust was covering the body and strings. She dusted it off with her shirt before picking it up. She sat down and lovingly began to pluck the strings. A tear leaked from her eye and hit the bass. She clutched it to her chest and began to sob uncontrolably.

"I hate you for doing this to me. Why did you leave? Why? I need you so much, Mikey. I need you. You know mom couldn't take care of me, but you still left. Why?," she said in an unautible tone because of her crying. She clutched onto the bass a little harder, and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. She opened her eyes when she heard the door open. She glanced over to the door to find a tall slender man walk in. His icy, blue eyes rested on her and a small smile spread across his features.

"Hey," he whispered as he walked over to her. She placed the bass back on its stand and scrambled to her feet.

"Mikey? Is it really you?" she asked walking towards him. He smiled and nodded his head, as he opened his arms. She ran towards him and jumped into his waiting arms.

"Did you really mean it?" he asked as he set her down.

"Mean what?"

"Hating me?"

"At the time, yes. Only because you left me with a mother who can't even take care of herself, let alone me."

"I understand. Hey, get your bags packed."

"Huh?"

"I'm taking you with me. Billie said it's okay," Mike said flashing her a smile. Carrie's eyes went wide. She didn't think he meant it. He patted her ass playfully as she hurried into her room. She found a bag and started to fill it with all her clothes. As soon as everything was out of her drawers she went to reaply her eyeliner. She placed her make up in the bag also. She grabbed her guitar and bag and headed downstairs where her brother was waiting. Her brother smiled at her and opened the door. She returned the gesture and smiled before walking out of the house forever.