Carry On, Carrie Ann

Confusions of the Heart

Carrie Ann

The warm sunlight hit the faces of Billie Joe and Carrie Ann, causing both of them to stir. Carrie lazily opened an eye and groaned. She buried her face into Billie's chest and continued to try and catch more sleep. He tightened his grip around her waist and kissed her forehead, before opening both of his eyes. He yawned and released the sleeping beauty next to him and walked over to the dresser. He pulled on clean clothes and looked back at Carrie, who was now up and staring at him.
"Why'd you leave me?" she asked sitting up, holding the blanket around her.
"I didn't leave you," Billie said walking over to her and sitting down next to her. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.
"I love you," he whispered before kissing her forehead again.
"I love you, too," Carrie mumbled, closing her eyes and holding onto Billie tighter.
"You better get dressed," the guitarist muttered before letting her go. Carrie slowly stood up, letting the blanket fall, as she walked over to the dresser and pulled out clean clothes. She slipped them on and then sighed, before walking back over to Billie. She slumped down against the bed with a heavy sigh, making the guitarist look worried. The woman next to him was fine a minute ago, to his accounts.
"What's wrong, babe?" he asked wrapping her up in a loving embrace.
"Billie, I love you, I really do. But what we did, it, it wasn't right," she said letting out an exasperated sob.
"Shhhh. What do you mean?"
"What if Mike finds out? He'll kill me, or worse, you. I don't want you to get hurt," Carrie sobbed, holding onto what comfort she had. She didn't even really know where the emotions were coming from. She pulled away from Billie and wiped her eyes dry. She sighed and rubbed her throbbing temples.
"Here let me go get some Aspirin. Don't worry, Mike won't find out," Billie said with a reassuring smile and walked out of the room to get some Aspirin. Carrie stared at the floor where her and Billie's clothes had been discarded. She choked back another sob and shook her head.
How could I do that? I love Billie and all, but I'm sixteen. I'm too young to be fucking guys. What if I get knocked up?

Carrie couldn't get the screaming voices out of her head. She slowly brought her knees up to her chest and made herself as small as possible, as Billie walked into the room. In his hands were two small tablets and a small glass of water. He looked at her causing his smile disappear, as he walked over to her and sat down.
"Here, take this. It'll make your head stop pounding," he whispered holding out the tablets and the water. Slowly, Carrie opened herself up and grabbed the offerings before popping the tablets in her mouth. She promptly swallowed the water and tablets, before setting the cup down on the ground.
"Did you--- Did you take advantage of me when I was drunk?" she meekly whispered, adverting her gaze to the floor.
"No, Carrie, of course not. I really love you. Can you believe me?" Billie asked, closing the distance between them. He placed his thumb to her chin and gently turned her head to face him. He pressed his lips to hers and wrapped his arms around her. At first Carrie wanted to pull away, but she let her impulses take control and deepened the kiss.

There was a knock at the door causing them to pull away from each other, abruptly. Carrie put on a fake smile as she stood up and walked over to the door. She opened the door and was met by the smiling face of her brother.
"Good morning, Micheal," she said, mock happiness coating every word that left her mouth.
"Sleep well on your first night?" Mike asked, oblivious to her sorrow.
"Yeah, I did. Thank you for asking," Carrie said. After those words left her mouth, images of the night before's romp played through her mind.
"Hey, Billie. There's a party tonight at Anastasia's. You, Carrie, and Tre are invited, you guys coming?" Mike asked. He smiled once Billie and Carrie nodded their heads in agreement. Carrie watched as her brother turned and walked down the hall towards Tre's room. She slowly shut the door and turned around. Her face growing pale as she remembered what happened.
Why do I feel so bad? Why am I not happy that Billie and I confessed our love? Am I regretting this? Do I wish we weren't in love?

"Carrie, what's wrong?" Billie asked jumping up from his perch and walking over to her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked at her, as her complexion grew paler by the second.
"Baby, tell me. Please?" Billie pleaded, his eyes growing wide with worry.
"I don't---I don't feel well," Carrie whispered as she felt his arms wrap around her. She slowly brought her arms around his neck and lowered her head to his shoulder. Billie kissed her cheek before humming the song he had written for her softly. He started to slowly walk backwards, bringing Carrie with him. He lowered himself down onto his matress and pulled his beauty in his lap. A small smile graced her features as he began to rub her back.
"Billie, do you think what we did was wrong?" Carrie whispered.
"No, why? Do you?" he asked.
"Yeah, sort of. I just feel that you took advantage of me when I was drunk. I really do love you, though. Please, don't be mad at me. Please, don't be mad."
"Babe, I'm not mad. I was also drunk last night too, ya know. And I still love you," Billie whispered, before leaning foreward and grazing her lips with his own. He brought his arms around her waist and laid back, pulling her further on top of him. He smiled when his actions earned him a giggle. Carrie lowered her head against his chest and listened to the beating of his heart.