Carry On, Carrie Ann

First Encounters

Taylor

The sunlight streamed in through Taylor's open window, causing her to groan. She shifted in her bed and tried to escape the sunlight she was now basking in. She groaned again when her bedroom door opened, hitting the wall behind it. She opened her eyes and snapped them shut when she found herself staring at the sun.
"Rise and shine sleepy head!" a female voice shouted.
"Ugh, Katie. What the fuck are you doing here?" Taylor asked sitting up and staring at her friend through half lidded eyes.
"Waking you up obviously. Your dad sent me in here to get you up. Rough night?" Katie said as she walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.
"I got in at six in the fucking morning," Taylor said with a yawn.
"Wow. Why were you out that late?"
"Talking to some one you know," Taylor said with a smirk and she looked over at her friend who now had a confused look on her face. She got off of the bed and walked over to her dresser.
"Are you on pot again or something? I barely know any one in California. I just moved here, remember?"" Katie asked.
"You know who he is if you have Kerplunk," Taylor said before pulling out a pair of jeans with holes in the knees and a Green Day shirt with the Kerplunk girl on it. She walked out of her room, heading for the bathroom to change with Katie on her tail.

"What do you mean 'you know him if you have Kerplunk'?" Katie asked. Her question went unanswered since Taylor had shut the door in her face. She sighed and crossed her arms across her breasts before leaning against the wall across from the bathroom. She waited patiently for Taylor to come out and when she finally did, she stared at her friend.
"What's with the very heavy eyeliner?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Trying to hide the bags under my eyes. Why? Does it look bad?" Taylor asked. She sighed when her friend nodded her head 'yes' before stepping back into the bathroom to wash off her face and reapply her eyeliner. Once a not so thick layer off kohl had been applied she turned to look at Katie for her approval. Katie nodded with a smile. Taylor smiled back and stepped out of the bathroom before walking towards the front door.
"Now back to my question. What do you mean I know him if I have Kerplunk?" Katie asked as they both stepped out the front door and onto the front porch.
"You'll see," Taylor said with a knowing smile as she walked across the lawn and through the demolished patch of flowers before stepping onto the front walkway. She looked over at Katie who was still very confused. Her smile widened as she stepped onto the porch and knocked on the door. Her smile never wavered when Ana opened the door.
"Hey Ana. Are the boys still here?" Taylor asked looking over at Katie who stared back at her with knitted eyebrows.
She's going to flip when she finds out.

"Yeah, they're still here," Ana said before inviting the two into her house.
"Boys? They better not be fucking strippers Tay. Or I swear I'll-" Katie began, but she cut her speech short when she noticed who was sitting in the living room. Her eyes went wide as she turned to look at her friend.
"They aren't who I think they are?" Katie asked Taylor in disbelief as she nodded towards the two in men in the living room who were talking to each other.
"Mmhmm," Taylor hummed as she stepped further into the room, clearing her throat. The two members of Green Day looked up at her and smiled.
"Hey Tay. Who's this?" Mike asked as he stood up and went over to shake Katie's hand.
"Mike this is Katie," Taylor said pointing at her friend. Katie nearly fainted when Mike grabbed onto her hand and shook it.
"Hi," she said smiling up at the bassist since he was a good six inches taller than her. Before Taylor could introduce Tre, the drummer had grabbed onto Katie's hand and brought it up to his lips.
"Name's Cool," he said looking up from her hand, "Tre Cool."
Taylor watched as Tre kissed her best friend's hand. She felt her face grow hot and knew she was getting pissed. She turned away from the sight and sighed, trying to calm herself down.
Am I jealous?

She looked around the room to find it empty of the lead guitarist and her new friend. She furrowed her eyebrows and began to walk out of the room towards the hallway that led to the bedrooms. She crept over to one of the doors and pressed her ear up against it, trying to listen for any voices and whatnot. She pulled away, unsatisfied at the fact she heard nothing. Moving away from the cherry oak wood frame she stepped to the next, doing the same as before, listening. She pulled away, still unsatisfied, and crept towards the last door, pressing her ear to it. A smile spread across Taylor's features as she heard muffled voices coming from the bedroom. She pulled away from the door when Tre walked into the hallway heading for the bathroom.
"What are you doing?" he asked, walking towards her with raised eyebrows.
"Shush," she hissed before pressing her ear against the door, trying to make out the conversation.

"Why the fuck not?" she heard Billie's muffled voice ask. A soft rustling noise was heard before someone's footsteps were heard stepping a little closer to the door.
"Because, Billie. This is just wrong. It's not our house," Carrie's soft voice responded. Taylor scrunched her nose up in disgust when she realized what they were talking about. She moved to the side a bit as Tre leaned against the door, listening also.
"The ware house isn't ours either and we do it there," Billie said in a hushed whisper. Tre pulled away from the door with wide eyes mouthing the words 'they fucked in the ware house?' Taylor shrugged her shoulders since she knew nothing of what happened in the ware house. She pressed her ear back against the door to hear footsteps padding towards it. She gasped and pulled Tre away from the door and stepped further down the hallway, dragging the drummer with her. Not wanting to look guilty of spying, she pulled the drummer into a kiss which he quickly deepened. The door opened to reveal Carrie as she stepped out of the room rather quickly and shut the door behind her. She turned to find Tre and Taylor kissing and immediately turned away to walk out of the hallway and into the living room. Once Carrie had disappeared, Taylor reluctantly pulled away from Tre.
Damn. Why do I always pull away?

She began to follow after Carrie when Tre's fingers wrapped around her arm.
"What the fu-" she began to ask, but was silenced when the drummer planted his lips on hers. He backed her into a wall, his hands were placed on both sides of her body. He pressed himself against her, now fully aroused, and brought his lips down onto hers again. Taylor pressed a hand to his chest and pushed him off of her a bit so she could catch her breath. After she caught her breath she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought their lips together again.
"Hey, Tay. Have you seen Billie?" Katie asked as she walked into the hallway, but suddenly she wished she hadn't. Taylor pulled away from Tre a bit and pointed at one of the bedroom doors before kissing the drummer again. Katie rolled her eyes and walked out of the hallway and back into the living room to give Taylor and Tre their privacy.

Katie sat down on the couch and sighed, running her fingers through her curly hair. She heard a door close from some where in the hallway and the sound of footsteps coming towards them.
"Did you know Tre and his lady friend are back there making out?" Billie asked with a smile as he walked in and sat down next to Carrie. Ana rolled her eyes and stood up before walking into the hallway to break up the make out session.
"Yep," was Katie's reply. The guitarist turned to face her and cocked his head to the side.
"Well hello. I don't think we've met. Name's Billie Joe," he said as he got up to shake Katie's hand.
"Name's Katie," Katie said as she grasped onto the guitarist's callused hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you, Katie."
"Like wise," she said with a smile. Billie smiled back before releasing Katie's hand and walking back over to the love seat he and Carrie had been sitting on.
"I don't think I introduced myself either," Carrie said from her seat.
"No you haven't."
"Well any ways, name's Carrie Ann," Carrie said from her seat, not wanting to get up. Ana came back into the living room dragging Tre out of the hallway by the collar of his shirt.
"No fucking in my house unless you're as old as I am," Ana said.
"But I'm older than you," Tre said as he tried to get back into the hallway where Taylor still was. He was strong enough to drag Ana along with him, but she managed to keep him from going back into the long room.
"But she's not," she pointed out dragging the drummer over to a couch. Taylor walked out of the hallway straightening her shirt. She walked passed Billie, stomping on his foot as she did so. A smile gracing her features as the guitarist shrieked in pain and went to rub his throbbing foot.
Serves you right.

She walked over and made a movement to sit on Tre's lap, but Ana gave her a 'don't-do-that' look. Taylor sat down on the drummer's lap anyway and poked her tongue out at the owner of the house. Ana sighed and rolled her eyes. She had known Taylor for two years and she knew very well that when the younger woman's mind was made up, that was it. She wouldn't have it any other way. Tre wrapped his arms around Taylor and pulled her against him. Katie watched her friend and rolled her eyes. She stood up and stretched before heading for the door.
"Where are you going, Katie?" Mike asked as he turned to watch her.
"Home," she said, glancing over at Taylor before stepping out of the house. Mike got up and followed her. He only stopped when his girlfriend asked him where he was going.
"I'll walk her home. Just so she don't get lost or something," he said before disappearing out of the house leaving his band, girlfriend, sister, and Taylor to stare at his retreating back.
"That was odd," Ana whispered as she leaned back into her seat.

Katie

Katie sighed as she began to walk back towards her home. She had planned on hanging out with Taylor all day, but it seemed her friend was busy with her new boyfriend. She couldn't help but feel resentment toward Taylor. Taylor had boyfriends and real relationships, while she had been cheated from that life. Not many boys asked her out, let alone talked to her. Maybe that was because she was tougher than most of them and could send them running home crying to their mommies. Katie shook her head and sighed as she kicked a pebble across the street. She chased after it and kicked it again, finding little amusement in the game she created.
"Hey, wait up!" she heard a voice call from behind her. She turned to find Mike running towards her. She stopped and let him catch up before walking again.
"Why are you following me?" she asked, looking over at the bassist.
"I don't know. Just wanted to walk you home," he replied sheepishly. Katie smiled lightly before turning to watch where she was going. If she had walked a bit further she would've ran into a parked car. She quickly side-stepped it and chuckled to herself at how stupid she would've felt if she had ran into it.
Probably would've busted my leg.

"So have you lived in Berkeley all your life?" Mike asked trying to break the silence.
"Nah. I use to live in Maryland. I moved out here a few months ago," Katie replied.
"Wow. You traveled far. What for?"
"Taylor and I were good friends. When she moved out here I was a little lost with out her. When I turned sixteen, I took a plane with some of my belongings and moved westward on," she said as she kicked another pebble across the street. She glanced over at the bassist and caught his gaze. They both averted their gazes to either side of the road. Mike chuckled and scratched the back of his head before turning to face the road again. He hadn't even noticed that Katie had turned into a driveway and began walking up the front walkway.
"Wha-what?" he asked once he noticed he was alone. He turned around and began to sprint towards the house Katie had walked to. He stepped onto her walkway and stopped to catch his breath. Katie giggled as she watched him.
"You kinda missed my house there," she said smiling. The bassist flashed her a killer smile before nodding his head.
"I meant to do that," he said, his blue eyes twinkling.
"Sure you did," Katie said giggling.
"I guess I'll see you later," the bassist said, his smile wavering. Katie nodded her head and waved goodbye before stepping into her house and shutting the door. She walked into her living room and collapsed on the couch and switched on the TV.
Why'd he walk me home? He's got a girlfriend so he can't like me. Can he?
Katie laid back and sat there wondering about whether or not she had a chance with the one and only, Mike Dirnt.