Carry On, Carrie Ann

On The Lookout

Tre Cool

Tre chuckled as he walked away from his friends' bedroom door. He had stood there with his ear glued to the door for the longest time to see if they would still go at it after he had caught them. Once he had concluded that they were definitely going at it he quickly left the door, not wanting to hear any moans or groans that would be made. He casually walked down the stairs and entered the pool room to find Mike sitting in the corner laughing at what some one had said.
I gotta keep him down here for their sake. Don't want Billie get beaten to a pulp.

Tre stepped over to the bassist and smiled down at his friend, since he was standing at his full height.
"Wanna play pool with Roan and Josh?" the drummer asked as he reached out a hand to pull his friend up to a standing position. Mike nodded his head and grabbed onto his friend's outstretched hand before hoisting himself up. They both walked over to the rack where the pool sticks were and grabbed a stick before walking over to the table.
"Josh, Roan, grab a stick and rack 'em up. We're playing for money. Winners get twenty dollars each, losers get jack," Tre said motioning to the stripped and solid marble balls scattered across the green felt table. He reached out and grabbed a cigar from one of the other boys that were scattered around watching the group and placed it in between his lips. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a lighter before raising it to the end of the cigar and igniting it. Placing the small, red lighter back into his pocket, he watched as Roan put all the pool balls into the triangle.
"I'll get the cue ball," Josh said as he set down the blue chalk on the side of the pool table and went fishing through one of the corner pockets. Tre smiled at the smaller man since Josh was the youngest and by far the shortest out of all the guys. Carrie was even an inch or two taller than him. In a few short minutes the tournament began, all four of them taking turns at hitting the cue ball into either the stripped or solids, hoping that they would go into a designated pocket.

"God damn, Tre. You chose the two wrong people to go against," Mike said after Josh had hit in the last solid in and began to aim up for the eight ball. Tre rolled his eyes and let the cigar he had been smoking dangle loosely from his thin lips. He crossed his fingers and hoped that Josh would either hit the eight ball in the wrong pocket or hit the cue ball in as well. Tre and Mike watched as Josh pulled back the stick and hit the cue ball into the eight ball, and to their dismay the eight ball went into the right pocket and the cue ball didn't follow after it.
"We win!" Josh exclaimed a little over enthusiastic, swinging his arms out along with the pool stick.
"Calm down Joshy boy. You're gonna end up whackin' some one in the face with that there stick," one of the boys shouted as he dodged the swinging pool stick. Josh smiled sheepishly as Roan slung an arm around his shoulders.
"Pay up Tre," Roan said extending a hand that wasn't clasped around the shorter man's shoulder, waiting for the twenty dollars that had been promised to the winners. Tre groaned and dug into his back pocket for his wallet and opened it up. He pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to Roan and watched as Mike paid Josh.
Fuck. Now I'm broke.

Tre sighed as he set down his stick and walked over to the raggedy couch. He collapsed on its soft surface and swung his feet onto a box that served as an end table. He pulled the cigar out of his mouth and tapped ash on a small glass ash tray before laying what was left of his cigar on the tray. The drummer looked around for a nearby beer, but found none. Tre smiled when he noticed Mike was still standing up near the kitchen.
"Hey Mikey! You're up," he said.
"Yeah so?" Mike asked as he eyed his friend.
"Get me a beer."
"Get it yourself you lazy ass, I'm heading to bed," The bassist said with a chuckle as he headed for the stairs.
Fuck! What if Billie and Carrie aren't done?!

Tre jumped up from the couch and sped passed the bassist, almost knocking him down the stairs. He frantically ran up the stairs and skidded to a hault infront of his friends' room. As loudly as possible he rapped his knuckles on the oak door frame. Tre looked behind him one last time and tore off to his room so Mike wouldn't find him.