‹ Prequel: A New Beginning

Hearts So Pure

Give Me Something To Remember

let go of Garrett’s waist and walked over to the bed. He followed me, in his Led Zepplin t shirt and ripped jeans. It was so cute how he did all of this to impress me. I didn’t need all this, I liked him just the way he was, but I knew that he didn’t think I did.

He sat down next to me, looking at me with eager eyes. I reached out a hand and cupped his cheek. He flicked a smile, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I honestly couldn’t remember the last time I felt like this.

Garrett leaned closer, latching his lips onto the skin of my neck. I leaned back, perfectly aware of where all this was going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we realized that Garrett had pulled Leah off somewhere, everyone else and I headed back home. Their plan was to serenade us, and that’s basically as far as they got.

I guess Garrett had bigger plans because when he got home, he wasn’t there, and neither was Leah. I wasn’t worried though, I’m sure they were fine.

Kennedy and Pat fell asleep in Ken’s room, and Jared used the opportunity to sleep in Garrett’s room. John and I were in the kitchen cleaning up the random things that had piled up in the day. When Jared finally closed the door to Garrett’s room, we were alone.

John looked up from behind the sink at me.

“What do you think Leah and Garrett are doing right now?” He said, with a smirk on his face.

I laughed. “I think you know, John,” I said.

John walked closer to me, and he said. “Do you think they’re… you know?”

And I laughed even harder. “Probably,” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

“Go Garrett,” John said, laughing. Then he said softly, his tone changing, “Hey, you know we should do something.”

I looked at him. “Like..?”

John shrugged. “I don’t know, let’s get out of here.”

I turned and looked down the hallway. It was dead silent. Honestly I did not want to sleep when me and John could be having a good time. And I didn’t mean anything gross, you know just like talking. He was good at that. He made me feel comfortable.

I nodded, “Yeah.”

And John grabbed my hand, leading me out the front door.

He walked me down the street, then down two streets, and soon we were back in the city.

Crowds of people walked by, despite the time. John kept walking though, and I guess he knew where he was going.

We stopped suddenly, and I noticed a park across the street. For a big city, it looked nice. Benches lined the park and huge trees grew. We crossed the street and John stopped at a bench, facing some huge fountain.

He sat down, and motioned for me to sit, too. I did, and watched him. His white v neck rested on his collar bones, and his hands fiddled with the rips in his black jeans. He was looking at the fountain, but then turned to me. “Let’s go in there,” he said, motioning towards the fountain.

I looked at it. It was big and there was water pouring down it, pooling at the bottom. It looked like it could have been in some place like Italy.

John didn’t wait for my answer though, he got up and walked over to it. He leaned over the fountain, looking at the bottom of it. I followed him, and saw thousands of coins lining the bottom.

“Imagine all the things people wished for,” he said quietly. His voice made my knees weak, especially when he talked slowly and quietly, like he was doing now. I nodded, “Yeah,” I said.

Quickly, he turned to me, “You gotta have some fun once in a while,” he said, and before I could react he picked me up, threw me over his shoulders and dove in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“He did what!?” I said.

Nicole giggled. “Yeah, I know.” she said. “I wasn’t expecting it either!”

It was the day after the boy’s little serenade. I had woken up to Garrett’s sleeping head cuddled against my chest. We spent the morning together then came back home.

Apparently Nicole had a nice night, too, because she was telling me all about it.

“Yeah,” she said. “It was so cute! I mean, I was angry at first, then he started splashing water at me and I couldn’t help but laugh. Then this security guard, I guess that’s what he was, he came over and told us to get out. John just grabbed my wrist and said, ‘run,’ and that’s what we did. We ran home, soaking wet.”

Nicole and I laughed, I could just picture John, skinny as he was, flying through the streets with Nicole’s hand in his, soaking wet.

“I’m glad you had fun,” I said to Nicole.

She smiled at me. “I’m super glad we came,” she said. “You know, here. If we hadn’t had come here, our summer would have sucked.”

I laughed, she had a point. How long had we been here? Not that long, we still had more than half the summer to go. I knew she was having a blast, and I was starting to, also.

We had been talking in Kennedy’s room, for the privacy, and we heard a knock at the door.

It was Pat, he stuck his head in and said to us, “Hey, guys. We’re gonna grab a bite. Wanna come?”

We agreed, and followed Pat out the door. We got outside, where everyone was getting in the van.

Kennedy was driving, and Pat was in the front seat with him. Jared said he had something to do, so he stayed home. I think he just wanted the house to himself to take a nap or something, we all needed some alone time every once in a while.

We started driving, and I sat in the back row with Garrett. John and Nicole sat in front of us. Halfway there, John threw his arm around Nicole, and kissed her forehead. I thought I heard her giggle as me and Garrett watched from the backseat. She leaned her head into his shoulder, and it was the cutest thing I’d seen in a while.

I guess Garrett didn’t want to disappoint, because soon I felt his hand slip around my waist, pulling me into him. I had no time to react before his hand was in my hair, pulling our faces together.

I giggled, sending his lips back, away from mine. “What?” he said, and he was laughing too.

“You’re just cute,” I said simply, and he bit his lip, before placing his mouth back on mine, every moment intoxicating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so like I've said before (I think?) most of this story is on my tumblr, and I'm uploading it here gradually. So this is actually from a while back, and I was toying with the idea of different POV's. I didn't want to do a whole chapter in Nicole's perspective, so t his is what I came up with. I hope it was easy to understand! But whatever, thanks for reading my story in general, this is my favorite fic lol.