Message in a bottle - English version

‘’Does it run in your blood to betray the ones you love ?’’ – Papa Roach, Blood

Miami (US)

He had never been to Miami. No one said much of this city, for that matter, but because it seemed to be so good to Michelle, he tried to convince himself that it would also be "a crazy week."

In fact, he had other plans for this week of holiday. The group needed to have band practice if they wanted to do something great for the City Annual Eve, after summer vacation.

He?
Brian Haner, twenty years old, living in Huntington Beach (California), guitarist in a local band called Avenged Sevenfold.

Since Michelle and he got together, he has felt obliged to do everything in his power to make her happy, to make her feel great.

She seemed so excited to respond at the invitation of her beloved friend living in Miami, so he didn't know what to say other than anything similar to a "yes."

Some preparations and a few hours of flight later, they were both here, waiting quietly at the airport for the said friend to pick them.

"You'll see, Bri, this will be fan-tas-tic! ", Michelle said, excitedly.

"I want to believe you babe, but if your friend has forgotten the both of us, it's a really bad beginning. ", he responded, obvious annoyance in his tone.

"Oh lala, you always see the bad side of things! Come on, smile a little, she will come, I'm sure! ", she retorted, a little too optimistic.

"If you say so", he responded, indifferent.

He tried not to show his growing impatience, he didn't want to spoil the enthusiasm of his beloved.

He had to admit that she was beautiful, with her huge smile and blonde highlights in her brown hair.
This girl was his soul, a part of himself without which he could not live.
So, her happiness and her smile were worth more than a few long minutes of waiting, right?

This technique of self-persuasion seemed to be quite effective, but fuck, after half past one, Brian's patience reached its limit.

"Yeah, uh, well, friend or not, we won't stand there for the rest of the day. I'll call a taxi to go to the nearest hotel.", he said before grabbing his phone and go a few steps away from Michelle.

Michelle's POV

So, her plan worked very well, and this little moron Brian acted perfectly in this regard.
Yet, he had managed to surprise her: half past one being patient, that was a record score!
The most important thing was that he finally decided they would stay in a hotel. This hotel ...

Normal POV

The taxi parked outside the entrance to the hotel.
Brian took the baggage while Michelle thanked the taxi.

The receptionist had a warm, although silly, smile.

''Hello, may i help you? '', she said, keeping her ridiculous smile.

''A room, I don’t know how long we'll stay'', Brian responded quickly, not paying attention to the girl.

''Good, sir. The 310, third floor, on the left.'' She said, holding a key, and another silly grin.

''Thank you'', he managed to respond, before joining Michelle.

Both started to climb the stairs, following the instructions of Miss Silly Smile.

The room overlooked the street, but the fact it was in height reduced the noise from the horns and other profanities exchanged between unhappy drivers.

''Well, it could have been worse!'', Michelle said, always in her optimistic mood.
Brian raised his eyebrows to the enthusiasm of his girlfriend.

''But it was not how I intended to spend my holidays. I knew it was a bad idea ...'', he responded, regrets in his voice.

''We just arrived, Bri! You'll see, I'm sure you'll love Miami! '', she said, trying to be convincing.

''Maybe, but it's a bad start.'', he retorted, coldly.

''Oh, but I'm bored of your pessimism mood. It's not because everything don't go in the way you would that's it is necessarily less good, or evil or something else! You should grow a little!'', she exclaimed, starting to be annoyed.

''Maybe I'm pessimistic, but it's not me who made a scandal, like a five years old child, to get here!'', he yelled.

''Well, you know what, you should have stay in Carlifornia, if you're so disappointed!'', she yelled back, anger filled in her eyes.

''WHAT?'', exclaimed Brian, shocked.

''Why are you suddenly shouting so loud?''

''Nah but wait, it's a joke! You have spent a month lecturing me every day to come here and finally you think I should have stayed there? ''

''I didn’t think that your bad mood would ruin everything, that's it!'', she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

''Pfff, so me and my bad mood will go out to get some fresh air. It will give you 'real holiday', like that!'', he said, hurt.

He took his jacket and sunglasses and went out, slamming the door, obviously.

Brian’s POV

He went to the beach, and walked a few steps away from the waves.

He had always had a good intuition. He should have convinced her not to come in this damned city! Result, they had an argument. And to think he was counting on those few days away from it all to revive the spark that had long since disappeared.

During the last months, he tried to make her laugh, struggle to make her happy, but nothing worked. She was only complaining about his character, and his mistakes...

Yet, he loved her so hard it hurt.
He would have liked to tell her he was sorry, that everything would be fine, they would spend wonderful holidays and that nothing in the world could hinder the beauty of this week.

In fact, he would have lied because he could never relax in this town too rough. But he too would have liked to believe in these reassuring words.

He looked at his watch: it was already three quarters of an hour he was gone.
Oh, fuck! What did it cost to him to submit for once? Couldn't he just ignore what was bothering him, so that Michelle could be happy? Couldn't he allow her to have this week off she wanted so much?

It didn't take much longer to him to walk back to the hotel.
The last few hundred meters, he even found himself running.

Without addressing a look at Miss Silly Smile, he climbed the stairs, stepping over the stairs four at.

He slowed his pace before reaching the third floor.

He wanted to open the door when he heard a noise coming from inside the room.
He recognized Michelle's voice. Perhaps she had called her mother?
Certainly it was not moral, but he decided to listen to what she said.

Michelle's POV

Well it was easier than expected!

It was sad to say but she knew exactly how to annoy her so devoted and kind Brian.
Haha, he would certainly not be back before the night, but fortunately, she had other occupations programmed to kill time until the return of his ...his what ? Oh, yes, his boyfriend.

For now, she should no longer think about this stupid Brian, but focus on the activities she had planned with Steffen.

Steffen? Oh, just a casual acquaintance with whom she had sufficient affinity to...just have sex . Besides, she had no recollection of having done anything other than that in his company. Fun.

''You see, I told you it would work.'', Steffen said, smiling foolishly.

''Yep. This idiot Brian has really well reacted to my little tricks. So,yay , he's gone ! Does this mean that we have a room to ourselves?'', she asked archly

''Hmm, according to my calculations that's about it, yes'', he responded grinning.

Within a few seconds, Michelle had time to jump - because there is no other word - plating Steffen on the dusty pink carpet of the hotel room.
However, the said Steffen didn't seem to be a reckless prey and showed, therefore, no significant protest.

''All right, all goes well? I hope I don't disturb you.''

Michelle took a deep breath and opened widely her eyes with horror. She looked over her shoulder and bit her lower lip.

''Brian ...Br ... I see you're back ... you ... you were here for a long time?'', she asked, panicked, breathing heavily and blushing.

'’ Oh! You're kidding!'', he responded ironically, rolling his eyes.

''Well, I'll help Steffen to get up ...you know, uh, the carpet is so slippery here, it's crazy.'', she said, obviously confused.

''Yes, ... yes, and suddenly, just for being forgiven for the non-adhesion of the carpet, you've felt compelled to drag the same place as the other fag and rape his mouth, to give him a warm welcome?'', Brian asked, edgy.

''Uh Brian! It's not what you think!'', Michelle said, complaining.

''No, of course it's not what I think. Let me tell you one thing: the fool, the ‘stupid Brian’, he leaves! And he dares to hope that such a bitch as you will never return in his house!''

He retrieved his bag, next to the bed, and left the room again.

''Brian, please! Let me explain ...'', she begged childishly.

Brian stopped dead. He turned slowly and looked at Michelle in her eyes.

''Don't. You. Dare. Call. Me. Like. That. Once. Again!'', he menaced, his eyes filled with rage.

Michelle rolled her eyes, and approached Brian, wrapping her arms around his neck.

''Bri ...'', she said, trying to be seductive.

With a grimace of disgust, Brian pushed Michelle's arms, causing her to fall back.

''Oh! How dare you!'', she asked, shocked.

''And you? How dare you bring me here in order to fuck this moron?! '', he retorted, tensed.

''I told you it wasn’t ...'', she tried to reply. But Brian cut her off.

''STOP YOUR BULLSHITTING! I'm sick of you telling me the same thing again and again. Holy shit, don't deny your mistakes! But there's more 'Bri','Darling', or anything else. It's over, Michelle. And I am the more unfortunate of the two I think. I really don’t give a fuck of how you will end your day, your week, or your life. I just want you to go away from mine. ''

He returned one last time in the room and spoke to Steffen:

''As for you, if your nose and your arm aren't broken yet, thats only because now I'm more mad at her than at you, and because I know that very soon you will be in the same situation than I am today. I wish you a lot of courage with this nympho!'', he said, honestly.

And this time he exited the oom, running down the stairs not looking back. Tears came flooding down his reddened cheeks.
He couldn't take the plane now, he needed to let off steam.

He walked once again down the road from the beach and, once there, put his bag ... somewhere. It didn't matter. He wept bitterly.
Why were he crying? He never cried!
When his parents divorced, he hadn't cried, when his grandparents died, he hadn't cried. The last time he cried, it was the day of Jimmy's death. Jimmy, his fucking best friend.
So why was he crying for this immoral bitch? Because despite all the hatred he could feel at that moment, she was the only woman he really fell in love for. So it was this? Love, i mean. This was this, this beautiful thing how well sung by Matt ? This was this little shit that many people associated with many pretty words? It comes down to this: tears and anger? Cries and a deathly screaming heart?
If he had known, he would have willingly avoided it!

Now all he needed was ... a ... bar.
To forget...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, it was chapter 2....
So, the writing might not be as correct as in the previous chapter, because i haven't been helped with this and there might be many mistakes – mainly with tenses ^^-, and other things like this.
Please, if you read this chapter, review to tell me if it’s…correct/understandable/etc… or not, and please tell me what you think of the chapter, the characters, and anything you want ;)