If I Told You...Would You Believe Me?

Chapter 10

I watched out my window from behind the curtain while lying on my bed. I had been lying here for hours now just watching the day slip away. My tears have dried making streaks across my face. My eyes hurt and my stomach was upset. Probably because I haven't eaten, but I wasn't going down stairs. No one has bothered me since Uncle Harry. I keep trying to forget what he said. I know he didn't mean it. He was just mad and it came out or at least that's what I was hoping. "Andy!" I ignored them. "Andy, please come down here!" It was mom. I wasn't moving. It was about three in the afternoon now and she was just now making an attempt to talk to me. I don't think so. "Andy, come down stairs!" Now it was dad. "Andy." That voice seemed to be in my room. "Andy, your mirror." I slowly sat up and looked around my room. "Come to your mirror!" I stood and walked over to my mirror like I was told to do. Sitting inside of it was Gabriel. "Gabe!" I hollered. "Shhh! I can't talk long I just needed to know everything was okay at home." I shook my head. "It's not! They don't believe me I told them! I'm so sorry but I had too. They think I'm crazy and my uncle said he was going to get me help. He said I was seeing things." I felt the sting behind my eyes again and I refused to cry. He sighed and looked down. "Bring them here." My eyes widened. Did he just say that? "What?" I asked. "Bring them here, Andy. Tonight. I'll come pick you up myself. If they won't them use the mirror. The crystal I gave you will work. Just hold it and think of what you want and you can cross over into it through a mirror." "Really?" He nodded. "I have to go, I need new crystals because these were my last ones and I didn't have many of them. I love you, Andy. I'll see you tonight." I love you too." Then he was gone. I looked at my clock. Three-thirty. I was close. I wiped my face trying to get rid of the streaks and ran out my door. "Mom! Dad!" "Yes? Did you finally come down and decide to apologize?" It was my dad who said that. I ignored him and walked up to my mom. "I can prove it to you. I can prove I wasn't lying." My mother sighed. "Finally. Sweetheart where were you?" "I was in their world. I can take you there. Tonight though! We have to wait for sunset." My mom gave me a doubtful look. "Andy, are feeling okay? What did you see?" "I seen Gabriel. He said I could bring you with me." My uncle shook his head and put his hand over his face. "I'm serious! I'll prove it tonight!" "Okay, sweetheart." I sighed.
They are hopeless. I walked away from them and into the kitchen. I started to make a few sandwiches to take with us. Once I was back with Gabriel I was spending time. I wasn't going to leave any time soon.
I laced up my boots over my blue jeans as I waited for my parents to get into warm clothes. I walked over to my closet and rummaged through for a shirt. I grabbed a black long sleeved shirt that was extra long and went down to my mid-thigh. I pulled off the shirt I was wearing and put on the long sleeve. I brushed my hair out and walked over to my mirror. My long straight air fell to my lower back and eyeliner rimmed my eyes. I turned and grabbed a black jacket off my bed and slipped it on. It was lined with fur on the inside and a little big. I zipped up the front to my ribs then walked out of my room. "You guys ready?"I hollered while walking down the stairs. Mom walked out in a pair of old beat up winter boots and a light jacket. "I'm ready." She walking towards me. "What are you wearing?" I looked her up and down again. She would freeze to death. "I'm wearing a jacket and boots, Andy." I sighed. "Your going to freeze. If you were wearing the right clothes you'd be sweating by now." She sighed. "Andy. I'm fine." I sighed heavily. She didn't believe me. She was only humoring me. Dad walked out in a long sleeve and boots. "Come on." He said. I could tell he was irritated but he would freeze too. I didn't even try to put up a fight about his clothes I just went with it. "We need a mirror." I pulled out the crystal from the pocket of my jeans. my mom gave it a weird look. "Where did you get that?" She demanded. "Gabriel gave it to me to communicate with him." Dad rolled his eyes. "What type of mirror?" He asked. "One we can all fit through. I say either the full body one in your room or the big one sitting on my dresser. You choose." "My room." He turned and walked off. I followed him beside mom as we walked in. I walked over to there mirror and did as Gabriel told me to do. Slowly I reached out to touch the mirror. My hand went right through it. A smile spread across my face. "What did I tell you.?" "Andy." My mom touched my arm. "I'm going through. You can come or you can stay. Your both going to freeze though." "I'm coming." My mom stepped forward and pushed her hand to the mirror. Her hand flattened out against it. "Why can I go through?" She pulled her hand away. I shrugged. "Hold this and think about." I gave her the crystal. She closed her eyes for a minute. When she opened them she tried to pus through the mirror again but she couldn't. I reached out and tried to touch the mirror too but my hand went right through it. My brows knitted together. Why can't she go through?