If I Told You...Would You Believe Me?

Chapter 5

"You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like a bird, dizzy in my head, spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night." I groggily opened my eyes to Smile by Unlce Kracker playing. I sat up and realized I was sitting on Gabriel's couch in his room. Gabe was fast asleep in his bed. I reached down to my vibrating phone and pulled it out of my jean pocket. My mom was calling. I sprang up quickly and opened my phone. "Hello?" I asked. "Andy? Andy, I've called you three times now. Are you okay? Do we need to come home?" I panicked. "Uh, no. I was just sleeping. Everything's fine I promise." There was a small pause. "Okay. I just called to tell you we'd be home kind of late tonight and not to wait up on us." " Don't worry mom I'll be fine and I'm actually already in bed so I'd kind of appreciate it if when you get home not to come in my room."
There was another pause. "Okay...Are you sure everything is alright? Are you sick?" "No, mom. I'm fine, I promise." I heard my mom gasp. "Honey is it your time of the month? Do I need to come home?" My eyes widened. "Mom! No! I'm fine really! Just tired and trying to get a good night sleep." "Oh, well, okay, Andy. Goodnight, baby girl. Love you." "Love you to momma." I shut my phone and stuffed in back in my pocket. "Really? Time of the month?" I mumbled quietly to myself with a red face. I shuffled out of Gabriel's room and into the living room. It was about noon now. Midnight my time. Aliessa was sitting on the couch beside Veava who had a crystal in her hand the size of a baseball. The crystal was floating just above Veava's hand as she tossed it up and it land just above her palm.
"Hey guys." I waved while sitting on the chair. "Andy! Think fast!" The crystal in Veava's hand was suddenly thrown at my head. My eyes widened and I held up my hand. The crystal disappeared through my hand. I smirked up at Veava. She returned the smirk. "Even while your tired your getting good at that." "Practice." I said. "Veava, I wish you wouldn't do that! What if Andy wouldn't have seen that and it would have ht her in the temple. It could have hurt her something terrible." Veava rolled her eyes while I chuckled. "I'm sorry, Andy Pooh." Veava said sarcastically towards Aliessa. "Veava." Aliessa warned while smirking. "Andy let me see that crystal." Aliessa told me. I raised my hand the crystal slowly appeared out of my palm and then floated in front of my hand. I gave it a slight push and it floated over to Aliessa. Veava formed some other stone looking thing that was a deep purple. Aliessa eyes widened. "You wouldn't!" Veava smirked towards her. "Oh, Al, but I would." The two girls stood immediately both throwing their objects towards one another. Veava's purple stone exploded before it hit Aliessa and a sudden burst of purple embers fell over her hair. Slowly her hair started to turn a lavender and dark blue. Aliessa's crystal hit Veava and she started to shrink. I watched the two girls bicker at each other for the results of the two stones. Veava was only about to my knee and I was 5'8. She actually looked kind of cute. "You knew this would happen!" Al yelled. Veava looked angry too. "As would you! Look at me! I'm the size of an elf!" I laughed at the two girls as Gabe turned the corner rubbing one of his eyes. I smiled up at him. "Afternoon." I said as he took in the scene. He pointed a finger at the two. "They're like sisters." i said amused. He just shook his head and walked over to me. "Scoot over, small fried." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Nu-uh." Gabriel grabbed me by the waist and picked me up then sat down with me half on his lap half on the chair. "Gabe!" "What?" He asked. "I'm not comfortable!" He sighed. "Get comfortable, duh." I rolled my eyes and laughed.