He'll Never Know

I Give In

Time flew by so fast. It was now October 8, which meant it was time for the big game; Hawks vs. Pirates.

We loaded the band equipment onto the bus, and soon we were off.

"99 bottles of beer on the bus, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 99 bottles of beer on the bus!" That was the only sound you could hear coming from the back. I turned around in my seat, smiled, shook my head, and turned back around to face the front.

I turned on my iPod to pass the time. One of my favorite songs, 2012, came on.

I gazed out the window for a short while, and when that got boring, I turned around to face the front once more.

I looked a seat across and two seats in front of me, and there he was.

This time, he looked a little different, almost as if I got a new lense to see out of. My heart started to pound as he ran his tiny fingers from the tip of his head toward the front of his forehead. "He's beautiful," I thought, making sure I didn't say anything outloud. I tried to disrupt my gaze, but nothing seemed to work.

"I'm not lying to myself anymore," I silently told myself.

On October 8 at 5:38 PM, I was hopelessly devoted to this angel out of Heaven.