He'll Never Know

I Got Him; Literally

As the feeling got stronger, so did my urge to stay away from him. I felt that if I got near him, I'd faint & fall flat on my face.

By this time, I had only told one other person other than Paige, and that was Tina.

It was around 3 weeks till Christmas, and the academic team decided to draw names. I walk in the academic room and have my seat next to my friends. It was my turn to draw. I walked to the teachers desk and took a single piece of ripped paper. "Shane," I sighed and sat back down.

"Who'd everyone get?" I asked. We knew we weren't supposed to tell, but no one ACTUALLY cares. "Gary," Allen replied. "I got Will," Paige followed. "I got James," Jeffery then added.

My eyes shot wide open, "You got who?"

"James...." Jeffery was clueless as to why I was suddenly so excited.

And just like that, I had a plan.

"Jeffery, you HAVE to trade me!" I said as I half way climbed over the table.

"Why do yo want him so bad?" He scooted back in his seat a little.

"He's a Colts fan, and I want to get him a Patriots jersey!" I quickly said.

James was a die-hard Indianapolis Colts fan, which is the only thing about that boy I absolutely hated.

Jeffery stared at the tiny sheet of paper, and after what seemed like an hour, he handed me the tiny sheet of paper.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I handed him my original sheet of paper.

"If you're that excited about it, I guess," he shook his head, "you're a crazy football fan."

"Yeah, that's it," I thought.

I was screaming on the inside and thanking God for the next three weeks.