Thinking Of You

Just sneak out and don't tell a soul goodbye

The next morning, I woke up to someone ripping blankets off of me. I opened my eyes to see my enraged mother glaring down at me.
"What are you doing?" I grumbled, and she shook her head.
"I should be the one asking you that! This must be Garrett, huh?!" she yelled, and it took a second for what she said to process in my head, before I jumped up. Garrett jumped up as well, letting go of me.
"How did you get up here?" she asked, and he pointed to the door.
"Umm... Through the door?" he said, and I gave a silent sigh of relief. At least he knew to lie to her.
"Mom, it's not like we did anything. Do you see any clothes on the floor? Uh huh. It's cause we're wearing them, woman."
"Get out of my house. And don't come back. You're not allowed to see my daughter again."
"No, Ms. Brock, please," Garrett begged, and she shook her head, pointing to the door.

Garrett looked at me, then grabbed my hand and kissed it before leaving.
"And you, miss Krysten, are grounded. three months." she yelled, then turned and walked out of my room, closing my door behind her. I clenched my jaw as I fought back tears, then laid back down and closed my eyes.

***

When I woke up again, I had a text on my phone from Garrett.

'I'm so sorry! Are you grounded?'

'Yeah, 3 months. But whatever, it happens. I'll see you at school tomorrow :)' I hit send, then set my phone down before getting up and getting ready for the day.

When I came back, I had another text.

'But I'm not allowed to see you again ;) does this mean you're gonna be a bad girl and break mommy's rules?'

'Are you kidding me? This is just gonna make it more exciting. Now I can sneak out and stuff.' I chuckled, then hit send before putting my phone in my pocket and going downstairs.

My mom was gone, but Kennedy was downstairs watching TV. He turned to me and opened his mouth to say something, but I walked by sticking my middle finger up at him.
"Don't fucking talk to me, you ass." I said, and he mocked me.
"I was gonna say, I heard what happened this morning, and I feel bad. I've been through this before, so I'm gonna help you out."
"How are you gonna help me out? And how do I know you're not just gonna tell mom?"
"Because you're my little sister. I'd rather you date Garrett than John. He's a big douche. And... You love Garrett, so why not?"
"What? I don't love him..."
"Pshh. Whatever. So anyway, this is how it's gonna go down. I'm gonna act like I'm on mom's side with this whole deal, so I'll be taking you to school and "supervising" you. And maybe she'll let me slide with making you go places with me, when you really are gonna be with Garrett."
"You're a genius."
"I know. And he can sneak through the window on weeknights like he did last night so you guys can have a little fun."
"Okay, Kennedy, we do not do anything!"
"Yeah right!"
"I'm serious! Garrett's a good kid, he'd stop himself before anything got out of hand."
"Mmhmm. Okay, so let's go get dinner." he said, then jumped up and grabbed his keys.
"If you wanna see him, you can text him real quick and tell him to meet us at that Chinese restaurant down the street."
"Okey dokey." I mumbled, then pulled out my phone and texted Garrett.

***

When we got to the restaurant, Kennedy and I waited outside for Garrett. I saw his car pull up, and I smiled. He walked up and I ran into his arms, then kissed him.
"So what's the plan?" he asked when we parted. Kennedy told him, and he nodded, then linked his fingers with mine.
"Man, Kennedy, I owe you one. Thanks bro," he said, and they hugged. I chuckled, then followed them into the restaurant.

We chose our booth, then went and got a plate full of food from the Buffet. I slid into the booth next to Garrett, before we all started shoving food into our mouths.

***

After dinner, we walked outside, and Kennedy saw one of his friends from school. Garrett sat down on the sidewalk, me sitting in his lap while Kenny talked to his friend.

"Garrett..."
"Hmm?" he said quietly, playing with fingers.
"...I... I love you." I finally stated, and he gave a wide grin, before kissing my cheek.
"I love you, too, Krysten," he said, then kissed me again.

When Kennedy finally decided it was time to leave, we stood, and Garrett kissed me.
"I'll see you tomorrow." he said, and I smiled, then hugged him before we parted our ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Check Yes Juliet - We The Kings

I got my tea. I'm happy. :)

So, I'm supposed to be seeing He is We, The Cab and The Summer Set tonight, but since the tickets were as expensive as Warped Tour tickets, me and my mom agreed that I'd save our money and just go to Warped Tour. Well, now, she's saying she doesn't want me to go to Warped because it's full of drugs and I'm too young and all that jazz, and I'm starting to get pretty sad. So, if I don't get to go to Warped Tour, not only will I cry, but I would have skipped seeing and meeting He is We and The Cab for nothing.

Also, I need some new bands to listen to. Comment and leave me some suggestions? Thanks for reading, don't forget to subscribe! Much love goes to all of my readers, I really do appreciate it so much!