Thinking Of You

Best friends, ex friends till the end

John stopped at some building, then jumped out of his truck and walked around to my side. He opened the door for me, then grabbed my hand. I pulled my hand back from him, and made distance between us as we headed inside the building. He wrapped his arm around my waist and held me close to him.

When we got inside the building, there was loud music playing, and people dancing around everywhere with cups in their hands.
"A party? A freaking party, John?" I yelled to him, and he shrugged with a smile.
"Happy Birthday," he said, then put his hand on the small of my back and led me upstairs to the roof of the building.

I sat down, leaning my back against one of the heaters that was up there and closed my eyes.
"What do you want from me?" I asked in a mumble, and John shrugged.
"Your love."
"You almost had it at a point, but you fucked it up. And I'm glad you did, because I've never been happier with Garrett." I said, pulling my knees to my chest and laying my chin on them.
"Are you really happy with him?"
"Yes."
"What does he do for you?"
"He sings to me. That's how he won me from you. He came over and sang Mr. Right by A Rocket To The Moon to me, then showed me you were cheating on me."
"I can sing to you, too."
"I doubt it." I scoffed, and he chuckled, looking down and licking his lips.

"Does he watch your favorite movies? Does he hold you when you cry? Does he let you tell him all your favorite parts when you've seen it a million times. Does he sing to all your music, while you dance to 'Purple Rain'? Does he do all these things, like I used to?" John sang, and I promise you, my heart melted. He had the most beautiful voice. My lips started to twitch into a smile, but I quickly frowned, hiding the smile. I stood, then crossed my arms. John looked into my eyes, and gave me a look that made me want to collapse in his arms and kiss him. He was so perfect, look wise. If only he wasn't partying twenty-four-seven and was a man whore...

"Can I go home now?" I asked, and he chuckled, looking down.
"What are you laughing at?" I mumbled, narrowing my eyes.
"You're so loyal to Garrett. I envy that about you, but how do you do it? Everything about him speaks goody goody, and just a complete waste of a life." he said, and my mouth dropped. I felt tears well up in my eyes, and I lunged at him with my fist balled up. He grabbed my arms, then pulled me into him, before pressing his lips to mine. I quickly pulled back, then slapped him before running to the door and down the many flights of stairs.

Tears were flowing down my cheeks now, so I pulled out my phone and opened a new text.
'Will you please come pick me up? I'm at that old abandoned rave building in the city.' I hit send, then collapsed on the side walk, waiting for my brother to reply.

A few minutes later, my phone buzzed.
'On my way... Are you okay?'
'Yeah, I'll explain later, just hurry.'

When Kennedy finally arrived, he got out of the car and ran over to me. He helped me up, then wiped away some still lingering tears.
"What happened, how did you get here?" he asked, and I shook my head before hugging him.
"Thanks, Kenny..." I said, then got in the car.

On the way back home, I told Kennedy what happened, and he looked enraged.
"I'm gonna kick his ass," he mumbled and I tried to smile.

When we finally got back home, Garrett had just pulled up. He saw me, and I started to cry again. He ran and grabbed me, then fell to the grass with me. He held me in his lap and rocked me gently back and forth.

"What happened? What's wrong?" he asked in a whisper, wiping my tears away.
"John took me to some party, and we were up on the roof of the old rave building. He sang to me, then was saying mean things about you and he kissed me." I said, and Garrett kissed my head.
"Why are you crying? It's okay..."
"I don't know, I'm just upset. He said you were a wasted life, and I don't think that. I don't know how anyone could think that about anyone. Garrett, I love you so much, and I'm sorry!" I said, and he continued to rock me back and forth and kissing my head as we sat in my yard.

"Krys, it's okay... It wasn't your fault he kissed you, and he's a jerk, it doesn't matter what he says about me. I don't care. You're all I care about now."
"That's not true. You still love your music..."
"...You're right, but I'd give up music for you." he said with a smile, and I closed my eyes, laying my head on his chest.
"I'm tired..." I whispered, and I could feel Garrett stand up, holding me bridal style.

He took me up to my room and laid me down on my bed, giving me a kiss on the forehead, before turning and starting to walk out. I grabbed his shirt tail, and tugged on it.
"What is it?" he asked sweetly, and I let out a breath.
"Please don't leave..." I whispered, and I felt him lay down next to me. I laid my head and a hand on his chest. I felt him play with my hair, until I finally drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Bang the Doldrums - Fall Out Boy

Yes, she overreacted. I know. She overreacted way more than she should have. Who cares.

Thanks for reading, comments would be appreciated!