Thinking Of You

Party like It's not your birthday

It was finally my birthday! I'm sixteen now. I went downstairs and Kennedy tackled me with a hug.
"Happy Birthday!" he screamed, and I chuckled.
"Thanks..." I said, then went into the kitchen.
"Mom just left for work, but she left you something on the table." Kennedy winked, so I went to the table. There was cheesy eggs, hash browns and a bagel with cream cheese piled an inch thick on them. I quickly ate, then opened the little box that was in the middle of the table with a ribbon around. I grabbed the shimmering keys with a squeal, then looked over at Kennedy. He led me outside to the garage and there was a brand spankin' new black 2011 Ford Mustang. I screamed, then looked inside at the black and white interior. It sent chills up my spine.

"Me and mom saved forever to buy this for you," Kennedy said, and I turned around and gave him a big hug.
"I love you! Thank you so much, this is the best present ever!" I said, and he laughed, then kissed my head.
"It better be!"
"How much was it?"
"Krysten, you know that doesn't matter."
"No, it does. I've gotta find a way to pay you guys back sometime."
"No, it's your present!"
"But Kennedy!" I whined, and he shook his head.
"Now hurry up and finish getting ready for school so we can drive this thing!" he said, rubbing his hands together. I nodded, then ran back inside and finished up.

***

We pulled into the school, my engine roaring. This car was perfect. And I'm so glad I finally had my full license! I stepped out of the car, and everyone looked over at Kennedy and I. Garrett and Pat slowly floated over, their jaws down and their eyes big.
"This... Was your present?" Pat asked, and I nodded with a huge smile.
"Well, I'm not sure my gift will even compare now..." Garrett mumbled, and I chuckled.
"That doesn't matter."
"It does... But anyway, Happy Birthday," he said with a smile, then kissed me. Garrett handed me a big bouquet of roses, then Pat handed me a small box, wrapped in blue and black sparkly paper.
"You guys didn't have to!" I said, and they shrugged.
"Well, I did, but Pat's just a big suck up, so he wanted to get you something, too." Garrett said, nudging Pat. I set my flowers down in my car, then opened up the small box that Pat had given me. I pulled out a little piece of paper that read 'Your gift is in your locker :)' and I smiled.
"Now I'm a little bit nervous..." I said, and the boys chuckled.

We all went inside, and I opened my locker to see a big box wrapped in the same paper. I opened it up, and inside lay three A Rocket To The Moon shirts, that I, oddly enough, didn't have, and a pair of custom Toms that Garrett and Pat made. My right shoe had Garrett's name on the back, and on the front had a zombie scene from one of the Left 4 Dead games, and on the other shoe, Pat's name was on the back and on the front was another scene from the Left 4 Dead games that corresponded to the other shoe.
"Guys, these are so rad!" I said, then took off the Toms I was wearing and slipped on my new ones. I grabbed one of of the ARTTM shirts, then looked around the hallway a minute before pulling off the shirt I was wearing, revealing a black spaghetti strap tank top and pulling on the new shirt. I threw my old shirt and shoes in the locker, then closed it before kissing Pat on the cheek, and planting one on Garrett's lips.
"You guys are the best," I said, and they smiled.

We went to our usual classes for the rest of the day, until it came to after school.

"Don't forget to come over in a couple hours," Garrett said, kissing me on the cheek goodbye.
"Alright."

I got in my car, moving my presents to the back seat, then started up the engine and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Not Your Birthday - Allstar Weekend

Alright, here it is! Comment and tell me what you think Garrett's surprise for her is gonna be! Thanks for reading, and as always, I appreciate all of you!