Thinking Of You

Sunlight, sunshine, all for you my daisy

When I got home, I changed into a pair of skinny jeans, my faux moccasin boots, and a sweater that had Mickey Mouse on it. I fixed my hair and make up, before grabbing my wallet, phone and iPod and going downstairs. I grabbed my car keys, and headed to the door.
"Kennedy, I'm going to Garrett's, I'll be back tomorrow," I called into the living and he replied with a grunt.

When I got to Garrett's house, I knocked on the door before his mom answered.
"Oh, hi, is Garrett there?" I asked, and she smiled.
"You must be Krysten! Please, come in!" she said happily, and I stepped inside.
"Gare, Krysten is here," she called, and you could hear him run down the stairs. When he saw me, he stopped, and smiled. That was when his dad walked out from the living room.
"Hi, dear!" his father said, and I smiled.
"Hi, Mr. Nickelsen."
"Garrett talks about you all the time," he chuckled, and Gare narrowed his eyes at his dad.
"Dad. That's enough," he mumbled, then came over to me and kissed me. Man, his parents must be pretty chill...

When his parents went back to doing what they were doing, Garrett gave me a wide grin before grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs to his room. On his bed sat a copy of Greetings From... and On Your Side vinyls. They were A Rocket To The Moon's only albums out so far. I eyed them, then looked at Garrett with a raised eyebrow.
"Okay, so here's your present," he said, and I gave a confused look.
"These vinyls?"
"No, these are the vinyls from your wall."
"What?! How did you get those?"
"Kennedy."
"Okay, I'm confused."
"No, these are your birthday presents," he said, pulling out a couple tickets and ID looking things. I got a closer look, and screamed.
"Tickets and back stage passes to a A Rocket To The Moon concert! When is it?!" I screamed, and he smiled.
"Tonight. In a couple hours actually, so we better go get on the road!" he exclaimed, and I screamed again before practically chocking him in a hug. I grabbed his shirt collar and kissed him for a minute.
"This is amazing! I've never been to one of their concerts!"
"I know," he chuckled, and my eyes got wide.
"I'm gonna meet Eric Halvorsen! I've had a crush on him forever!" I screamed, then sat down on the bed.

"Breathe, Krys, breathe," he laughed, and I looked up at him.
"Have I told you how much I love you, Gare?" I said and he smiled.
"You have," he chuckled, then grabbed my hand and my vinyls, and we went downstairs.

On the ride to Phoenix, Garrett looked over at me and smiled.
"So, do you really call me 'Gare-Bear' behind my back?" he laughed, and my cheeks turned red.
"No..."
"Oh, come on, you can tell me. I think it's cute."
"Okay, well, I've never said it to anyone. I just kinda said it in my mind before... Like when I saw you skating with Patty that one day, I was thinking in my head 'Aww look at little Gare-Bear, he's so cute' and then I start blushing because you're perfect." I said so quickly, it sounded like a never ending word, and I could feel my cheeks heat up.
"Well, I don't really care, it's like I'm a care bear... I'm cool with that," he chuckled, and I smiled.

***

When we got to the concert, we got up front, and I could literally reach out and hug Nick. Halvo threw one of his bass picks out into the crowd, and Garrett quickly grabbed it from the air. He looked at it, then handed it to me, but I shook my head.
"You're a bass player, you keep it," I shouted to him and he smiled, then kissed my cheek. I looked back up to see Nick bent down close to me as he sang, he had a smile on his face, then gave me a wink, before holding his fist out to Garrett for a fist bump. He must've seen him kiss me.

The next song they played was Mr. Right and me and Garrett were singing it at the top of our lungs.

After the concert, everyone had left, and we were finally able to go back and hang out with the bands.
"Garrett, I'm scared..." I whispered to him, and he chuckled.
"Why? They're just like anyone else."
"I know that! But, they're my favorite band!" I said, then looked down at my shaking hands. Garrett linked his fingers with mine, then kissed me before we headed back stage.

"Hey, it's the front row couple!" Nick said as he watched us walk up. My cheeks turned red and I chuckled.
"Yeah..." I said quietly, then buried my head in Garrett's shoulder.
"Is she okay?" Eric asked, and Gare laughed.
"Yeah, she's just a little shy..." he said, and I felt arms grab me and pull me away from Garrett. I looked up to see Halvo holding my arms and making me dance with him.
"Loosen up, we don't bite," he laughed and I smiled.

A few minutes later, I took individual pictures with everyone, and then one with everyone in the band.
"Garrett, this is seriously the best birthday present anyone could have ever given me," I said quietly, and Justin raised his eyebrows.
"It's your birthday?" he asked, and I smiled with a nod.
"Alright, man, happy birthday! How old are you?" Nick asked.
"Finally sixteen, bro!" I laughed, and he nodded.
"Sweet sixteen, baby!" Justin yelled and we all laughed.
"Well, in that case," Nick said, then pulled out one of his picks, signed it and handed it to me. Justin and Eric did the same thing, and then Andrew grabbed the pair of drumsticks he used at the concert today and signed them before handing it all to me. I stared down at all of the stuff, my mouth wide.
"No way, this is amazing!" I said, and they nodded.

Garrett handed them my vinyls to sign, and they all did so. Before we left, I got a big hug from Nick, and the other guys, before Garrett grabbed my hand.

"You ready to go?" he asked and I shook my head.
"No. Never." I said, and he smiled.
"Please, please, please come back soon guys!" I said to them before Garrett and I left.

When we got back into Garrett's car, I stared out of the window.
"That. Was. The most. Amazing. Night of my life. Ever." I breathed, looking over at him. He smiled, then grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips.

"I'm glad, that took a lot of planning," he said, and I gave a grin.

We stopped and bought some ice cream before going to a park to eat it. We were sitting near the top of the slide, when some ice cream dripped on my finger. I wiped it on Garrett's nose, and he narrowed his eyes at me.
"Do you really wanna start this war again, Krys?" he asked, and I laughed before taking another lick of my ice cream. Garrett took some onto his finger, then wiped it on my face, and I let out a small yelp. I put some of my hand, then grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer and wiping it on his lips.
"Aww, he mumbled with a small smile, and I set my ice cream down, before crawling into his lap an kissing him, licking the ice cream from his lips. He smiled through the kiss, then moved his lips down to my neck. I giggled, then pushed him away.
"Gare, your lips are sticky," I laughed, and he chuckled, before licking his lips, then wiping them with a napkin.

"Better." he stated, then pulled me back to him and continued to kiss me. He made his way down to my collar bone, pulling my sweater neck down and off to the side.
"Gare..." I moaned, but he continued.
"Gare..."
"Garrett," I said a little louder with a giggle, and I pushed him away a little.

"We're on a playground! Little kids come here every day."
"But they're not here now..."
"Still..." I said, and he smiled.
"You're such a good girl," he said, then kissed my cheek.
"You really don't know me if you think that," I said, and he shrugged.
"How are you not a good girl?"
"Well, for starters, I do cuss... Just not in front of boys usually because I was taught that it's rude and unlady-like. I'm kind of a bitch sometimes, actually... I'm trying to change that... And with the whole sex thing... I just don't want to do it yet because I wanna make sure that I know I'm in love with the person and they're not gonna leave me. I mean, that is why it's called making love..." I said, and he smiled.
"I respect you for that," he said, then kissed me.
"So many girls these days pass their bodies around like a dollar bill. It's just not special to anybody anymore." he said, and I laid my head on his shoulder.
"Are you still a virgin?" I asked, and he looked down.
"...Yeah. I mean, I've had a couple girlfriends that I almost got that far with, but that's in the past. I was young and stupid, and just wanted to fit in." he said, and I planted a kiss on his cheek.
"That's why I think you're perfect. And I don't care what you or anybody else thinks, you're perfect in my eyes."

***

We got back to Garrett's house, and I took a shower, then wrapped a towel around my body before going into his room. He turned around to see me and his cheeks got red.
"Um... I... I... Here," he finally said, handing me a pair of his boxers and one of his zombie shirts. I chuckled, then went back into the bathroom to get dressed. I used his blow dryer real quick, then went back into his room. I noticed his hair was wet and kind of messy. It was cute.

He got in bed, and I crawled in next to him.
"I love you," I said, then kissed him.
"I love you, too," he said, then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to his warm body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Daisy - The Maine

Haha, I seriously just love that song. My mom made me walk home from my friends house, and I didn't really want to because it was like pitch black outside and I have to cross like, these two big streets, a giant field and then walk down this amazingly long road that's like half a mile and blah blah blah, so I told her if I walked home, she had to get my Stay Up, Get Down. She agreed, until we say the price of shipping. She laughed in my face and so I had to settle with getting three songs from iTunes. So I still don't have Daisy on my iPod. That's like the only song by The Maine that I'm missing.

Actually, I really gotta get And A Happy New Year because I still don't have that one either. I'm almost done with their whole discography! This excites me. Maybe I can break into someones house and steal Stay Up, Get Down. That would be nice.

Anyway, thanks for reading! And as always, I would love some comments!