Thinking Of You

Some days, they taste like lemonade

Later that day, I was being dragged to Pat and Garrett's lunch table by Pat.
"Do you have money?" Pat asked and I nodded before following him into the line. Pat was in front of me, and Garrett was behind me. I grabbed a piece of cheese pizza and some mozzarella sticks before paying and following Pat back to the table.

"So I'm gonna be a super nerd real quick, so could you guys tell me if a teacher is around. I'm gonna get on my phone," I said, then looked around before slipping it out and checking one of the browser games I played.

"Noooo! How dare you!" I screamed, and both of the boys looked at me.
"What?" Pat questioned, clearly confused.
"Uh. Well, I'm playing this game. You probably never heard of it, but I just got attacked and need a health pack now so I don't die."
"Oh, what game is it?"
"Some zombie game." I replied, putting my phone away and looking up. Garrett was staring at me, and our eyes locked.
"You play zombie games?" he asked. This was the first thing he had said to me all day.
"Uh... Yeah. I love zombies. I'm a huge fan of the Left 4 Dead games. You heard of them?"
"I play them every night. I'm a pretty big nerd." Garrett said, the corners of his lips twitching up into almost a smile. I grinned, then looked down and bit my lip.
"Garrett's gonna love you know!" Pat said with a big smile.
"Shut up," Garrett mumbled, kicking him.

****

That day after school, I was getting my stuff out of my locker, Pat standing next to me. Garrett had gone upstairs to his locker.
"Does Garrett not like me?" I asked and Pat chuckled.

"No, he's really shy and awkward. But, I think he's gonna like you a lot because you like zombies. And Garrett loves zombies." Pat said as we saw Garrett get closer to us.

As Garrett walked up, so had Kennedy.
"Hey, you ready to go?" he asked and I shrugged.
"Alright, well bye guys. Thanks for letting me sit with you and stuff today." I smiled sweetly, and Pat hugged me.
"Anytime! See you tomorrow!" he said happily, and I nodded. I gave Garrett and awkward wave and smile, before turning around and following my brother outside.

***

That night, I sat on my bed dressed in my pajamas and played Left 4 Dead 2 on my 360. After screaming many threats and inappropriate slurs to the zombies, Kennedy came in and joined in the game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Some Days - The Maine

Sorry, I know this chapter is short! I didn't really know what else to put in it... I probably should have just added it with chapter one. Sorry about that.

Anyway, a comment and a subscribe would be nice! :)