Thinking Of You

This is the end of you and me

It's been a couple weeks since the incident happened, and it was finally Halloween day. I had to sit in class all day anticipating tonight's candy that I was going to have.

After school, I drove Garrett and Pat to my house to get ready for trick-or-treating. Garrett did his hair and make up to look like a zombie, Pat put on a light blue dress and put his hair back, and I pulled on a red and black stripped long sleeve shirt, a black pair of skinny jeans and red cowboy boots, before drawing two little dots on my neck.

"You're Marceline!" Pat yelled, and I smiled, then held my hand up for a high five.
"I thought you were gonna be a zombie with me..." Garrett said, and I kicked at him.
"But Marceline kicks total ass!"
"Yeah I know..." he mumbled, then kissed me.

The sun was going down, so we all grabbed our pillow cases and ran downstairs and outside to start earning candy.

****

Late that night, after everyone had run out of candy, the three of us came home and washed up before changing and going downstairs and out back to the pool.

After a few minutes of swimming around in an awkward silence, Gare and Pat exchanged a couple looks before Garrett looked at me.
"Krys, come here," he said, and I floated over to him, where he pulled me into his lap. I laid my head on his chest and put my arms around his waist.
"I need to talk to you..."
"Okay. What's wrong?"
"...Well, me and the boys are going on tour..."
"What? When?" I asked, looking up at him.
"We're leaving in a couple days. Tomorrow will be our last full day here before we leave."
"Garrett, why didn't you tell me sooner!" I yelled, and he squeezed me tighter to make sure I didn't leave his arms.
"I didn't want the last few days we had together to be sad or anything..."
"How long will you be gone?"
"January, or February..." he said, and I looked up at him, as a tear rolled down my already wet cheek.
"Aww, don't cry..." he whispered, wiping it away.
"The both of you are leaving me for the next three months," I said, and Garrett nodded.
"I know, I know, I'm sorry... But... I didn't want you to be alone, so there's something else I wanted to tell you..." he said, his voice cracking.

"I think we should break up." he whispered, swallowing hard. I stood then stepped out of the pool, grabbing a towel as I walked in my house. After I closed the door, I ran up the stairs and went in my room, closing my door.

I pulled on one of my big tee shirts then laid down in bed as tears started dripping down my cheeks. He didn't want me to be alone, so he's breaking up with me. How much sense did that make? Why would he do this to me?

A few minutes later, Garrett came in and sat down beside me. I kept my back turned to him, and I stared down at my floor.
"Baby," he said, tugging on my arm. I ignored him, until he gently rolled me onto my back, and laid beside me, laying his head on my chest.
"Please don't be mad..." he said quietly, and I ran my hand through his wet hair twirling his tips.
"You don't want me to be alone, so you're breaking up with me." I stated, and he sighed.
"Yeah... What my point is, I won't be here, so I want you to be with someone. As in John. And I know the both of you still have feelings for each other, so I wanted to just make it easy and break up with you now, so when he decides to kiss you, or something, you won't technically be cheating on me."
"Are you trying to tell me you don't trust me?" I asked, sitting up and searching his eyes.
"No! Krys, that's not even close to what I'm trying to fucking say, stop changing my words!"
"I just don't understand you, because you're a fucking idiot! Why the fuck would you even do this?! Why, Garrett? You know it would hurt me more than anything, so why the hell would you fucking do it?" I asked, whispering the last part as tears started welling up in my eyes. Before they let loose, I threw the towel that was in my hand at him, then stormed out of my room. Before I reached the stairs, I felt a hand around my wrist, and I was pulled into Garrett's lips.

"I love you. I love you more than any fucking thing in this world. You think it's easy for me to do this? Not see you for over three months, knowing anything could happen to you. Knowing that when I'm gone, someone else could come along and steal your heart and when I get back I have nothing? This is the hardest decision to make in my life. I almost quit the band because of you, so don't act like I don't love you, because that's not the fucking case. The guys need me. You said yourself that I would always have my music, so I took this opportunity to tour and maybe one day become famous. Krysten, you are my everything, but so is music. I chose it over you for once. And I'm sorry, but you would do the same thing and you know it. I just didn't want to come back and you tell me about a bunch of stuff that happened between you and John just because I wasn't here. It's the only reason I'm deciding to end this. And it's not forever. As soon as I see you after tour, I'm gonna hope you're here waiting for me." he said, and I wrapped my arms around him, laying my head on his chest.
"I just don't want you to leave. And I don't want to end this."
"I know..." he said in my ear softly as he ran his hand through my hair.

"Are we still spending the night?" Pat asked quietly, walking up the stairs.
"Please?" I asked, and Garrett kissed my head.
"If you don't call me an idiot again..." he whispered, and I started to smile.
"Sorry..." I said, and he smiled, then kissed me.

Pat took a shower, then Garrett, and then I got in. I blow dried my hair, then pulled on Garrett's zombie killing shirt.
"This shirt is loosing your smell..." I mumbled, walking in, and he frowned.
"Well, here," he said, then handed me his favorite zombie shirt.
"Keep it until tour is over," he smiled, and I laid it on my dresser with a grin.

We laid down in bed, Pat on the floor next to us. I hooked my leg around Garrett's then kissed him. After a minute, he deepened the kiss, pulling me on top of him. I sat on his hips, our lips not parting, then pushed up his shirt. When I finally got it off, I threw it on the opposite side of the bed so Pat wouldn't see it, then tugged on his pants.

"Oh, gosh, guys, come on! Little Patty laying right here!" Pat called and I smiled through the kiss, before Garrett took his pants off.
"Pat, get out. Go downstairs." I said, and he sat up and looked at us.
"Woah! No! Garrett, no! Bad! Clothes on!"
"Pat, please?" Gare groaned, as he parted our lips for a split second.
"No! That's icky! Stop it!" he whined, and I sat up on Garrett's hips and looked over at Pat.

"Patty, Gare and I won't see each other for a long time... Could we please just--"
"No." he said firmly, and I rolled my eyes.
"And why not?"
"Because, you guys are sixteen and about to lose your virginity, and I'm here almost seventeen and still haven't even kissed a girl yet! It's not fair!" he yelled, crossing his arms like a baby.
"And plus, you guys have tomorrow, when I'm jot gonna be here, so you can just do it then..." he said, and I shook my head, then bent back down and pressed my lips back against Garrett's. He started lifting up my shirt, and I smiled through the kiss, until Garrett yanked away and looked past me, horrified.
"What?" I asked, planting a couple kisses on his neck. He gently pushed me away and pointed behind me, to where my brother and Pat were standing. Pat had his arms crossed and a smirk plastered to his face, while Kennedy had a bat in his hands, gripping it so tight, his knuckled were white.

"I'm gonna get my clothes on now..." Garrett said quietly, and Kennedy nodded.
"Yes. Yes you are."

After Garrett got dressed, Kennedy left, and I glared down at Pat.
"I hate you." I said, and he smiled. I laid down, then snuggled into Gare's chest, breathing in his intoxicating, perfect scent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: This Is The End - The Maine

Ohp, who woulda guessed? I'm brainstorming on some more ideas right now, because I'm in the process of writing 31... I have an idea, but I don't know if I'm gonna use it for certain reasons... huuummmm

Thank you all SO much for reading! I love you all! I'd love you even more if I got some comments and subscriptions thouuughhh :)