Thinking Of You

I'm ready to be sure that I never become that way again

I followed John upstairs to his room, then sat down on his bed as he peeled his shirt off. He put on some deodorant, then pulled on a clean shirt before spraying his body with cologne. He went into the bathroom and brushed out his long hair.

"Alright, let's roll," he said, giving me one of his perfect crooked smiles. We went outside and I jumped in the passengers side of his truck before we headed down the street.

When we parked, we were in a huge, empty parking lot with a big building that had the numbers 8123 on the front. I stepped out, and Jared smiled and gave a wave at me. John opened up the bed of the truck before pulling out a big stereo and popping in a CD. I sat down in the bed as I watched John pull out a cigarette and sing at the top of his lungs to the song that was playing. I gave a slight smile, before laying down in the bed of his truck and looking up into the clear sky that had stars blanketed over the blackness.

A few minutes later, John flicked his cigarette, then grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the truck. He held one hand up in the air, then put one arm around my waist and started dancing with me. I chuckled, then started dancing with him.

"You know what? I'm starving. Let's go get some food. And then we can go get our bikes and some ramps and some fireworks." John said, then ran over to the stereo and turned it off before pushing his truck bed door back up. Jared got in the bed of the truck and John and I rode in the front.

We went to Subway and ordered all foot long sandwiches, before going to a firework shop and buying a big bag full. After that, we hurried home and packed a couple huge half pipes in the truck and the BMX bikes before we left to go back to 8123.

When we got there, it was only 9:30, so the boys quickly set up the ramps. John laid out a long row of fireworks, then threw a lighter at Jared. They quickly lit them, then ran back to me and watched them explode in the Arizona night sky.

Jared put the music back on, before the two of them sat on either side of me on the truck bed and ate the rest of our Subway.

When we finished eating, John grabbed one of the bikes and rode around the lot with it, before jumping some of the ramps. Jared grabbed one and followed after him. I watched them with a smile, until John rode up and stopped in front of me.

"You wanna ride?" he asked, and I shook my head.
"Aww, come on, Krys!"
"Nah... I'll probably hurt myself."
"Come on, you don't have to jump any ramps, just ride around and have some fun." he said, and I stared down at the bike for a moment, before jumping off the truck and climbing on. I stepped on one of the pedals and the bike started moving. I rode around, my hair blowing behind me.

A while later, I set the bike down and got back up in John's truck. He came and sat next to me as Jared continued to jump ramps.
"So, when did you find out everyone was leaving?" John asked, looking over at me.
"I found out a couple days ago that Garrett and Pat were leaving, and then I found out today that Kenny and mom were leaving."
"Oh, that sucks ass."
"Yeah..."
"How did you react about Garrett leaving?"
"We had a small fight... He wanted to break up so I could come spend time with you so I wouldn't be alone, but I didn't really like that plan too much..."
"He wanted to break up with you so you could spend time with me? What?"
"Because he knows that if we do spend time with each other, it'll be for months, and we might... We might get together again."
"I wish..." John scoffed in a mumble, before taking out a cigarette, putting it in his mouth and lighting it. I coughed a little, waving the smoke from my face.
"Sorry..." he said, holding his hand away from me and helping wave the smoke away.
"I thought you were gonna stop smoking, too?"
"I can't. Smoking is too hard to quit when you get in the habit of it. I tried though, but I yelled at everyone and was ready to fucking shoot myself. Everyone just immediately annoyed me, and they didn't even say anything."
"That's nice," I mumbled, giving a yawn.

"You're already tired?" he asked with a chuckle.
"No!" I said, pushing him.
"We can go home if you want."
"No, you guys are having fun down here."
"Nah, it's okay. Jared, we're leaving, help me pack up the half pipes!" he called, and I rolled my eyes, giving a small smile.

***

When we got back, John and I walked to my house. We went upstairs in my room, and I took a quick shower before packing all of my stuff.

"Where's your pets?" John asked as I zipped up one of my suitcases.
"Mom probably took them to the pet hotel thing, so we won't see them for a couple months."
"Oh."

John grabbed two of my suitcases, and I grabbed the other one before we headed back to his house. We set my stuff down in the guest room, before going downstairs. John made a big bowl of popcorn, then put in a movie before sitting next to me on the couch.

Later that night, I went into the guest room and set my suitcases on the bed before taking my clothes out and putting them in the dresser, then putting my toiletries in the bathroom I'd be sharing with John. I walked into John's room, where he only had on a pair of shorts and he was on his laptop.
"Thanks for letting me stay with you, John," I said, and he smiled, then stood up. He came over to me, pulling me into his arms and kissing my head after a minute.
"No problem." he said, then let me go.
"Sleep good." he smiled, and I returned it before going back into the guest room, which was across the hall from his room. I closed the door, then crawled into bed, curling up in the blankets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Who I Am Hates Who I've Been - Relient K

I feel like a pathetic loser, because I was listening to music and talking to my friend today in Journalism, and that stupid Nick kid that I have to work with almost made me cry. I got teary eyed because him and my friend kept making fun of The Maine. I feel so pathetic. It's kind of ridiculous. No one understands what music means to me except my best friend.

But, on the bright side, I totes got switched out of that class today so now I don't have any classes with Nick and I will never see him again, except in the hallway! That is, if he keeps his plan to go to a different high school. -_- He's supposed to go to this advanced school that gives you like all four years of high school and two years of college for free in just four years.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

Thank you all for reading, and I would LOVE some comments and Subscriptions! Love you all bunches!