Thinking Of You

I'm flesh and bone, I'm a rolling stone

The next morning I woke up and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I got out and got dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and the usual over sized sweater. I blow dried my already curly hair, then pulled on a beanie, before going back into the guest room.

I looked over at the clock, to see it was about an hour before school started. I went into John's room to see he was still asleep.
"John, get up, we have school." I said, and he groaned, then pulled the covers over his bare chest.
"John. Up. Now." I demanded, walking over to him and tugging on the blanket.
"I don't wanna get up. I hate school."
"So do I! I don't have any friends in any of my classes! The only time we'll even see each other is lunch, and off period. And you're usually off flirting with some whore to get in her pants, anyway." I mumbled, and he looked up at me.
"I told you I'm done with that stuff." he said, and I rolled my eyes, then turned and walked out of his room. I went back into my room and sat down on the bed, pulling my laptop into my lap and turning it on. I glanced out into the hallway to see John walking into the bathroom, only wearing underwear.
"Why doesn't Garrett ever sleep like that?" I mumbled quietly to myself as I searched up something on Google.

A few minutes later, I knocked on the bathroom door. John opened it with a towel wrapped low around his waist. I kept my eyes up at his face, giving him an unamused look.
"What?"
"I need to go in early this morning, so hurry up." I said, and he rolled his eyes before closing the door. Around 15 minutes later, he stepped out, ready for the day.

"Alright, let's go..." he mumbled, grabbing his backpack. I grabbed mine, before following him downstairs and out to his truck.

When we got to school, we went to the front office.
"What's this about?" he asked, and I looked up at him with a smirk.
"Homeschooling."
"What the hell? No way! I wanna do it!"
"It's $7 a month."
"Pshh, I can afford that! Let's do this bitch!" he said as we stepped into the office.

"I'd like to be removed from the school system. I'm done here. I'll be starting home schooling."
"We need a guardian signature." the lady at the front desk said, handing me a paper. I looked down at it before signing it and handing it back to her.
"I don't have a guardian at the time. It's just me."
"...We don't have proof--"
"My brother Kennedy isn't in the school anymore and he was able to sign off his papers on his own. Our mother is the only adult we live with, and she's gone a lot for work. I don't have a guardian, so I'm my own. I have homeschooling already set up." I said, and the lady sighed, before taking the paper and putting it in a folder.
"Uh, I need one of those papers too, please," John said, and the lady shot him a glare, before handing him one.

John and I walked out of the office, then made our way out of the school.
"I'm so sick of this fucking place." he said, before backing out of the parking spot and driving down the road.

A while later, we made it to his mothers work. We got out and headed inside. When we finally got to his mom, he laid the paper in front of her.
"What is this, John Cornelius O'Callaghan?" she demanded, reading over it.
"I'm doing home schooling, mom. Sign the paper."
"Home schooling my butt! Get back in school!"
"Mom, I'll pay for it myself, and if I get anything below a C average, you can send me back to public school." he said, and she looked up at him for a minute, before letting out a deep sigh. She stared down at the paper, then signed it and handed it back to him.
"Just get home. Keep him out of trouble, Krysten," she said, and I smiled.
"No problem, Mrs. O."

We headed back to the school and John turned in the paper before we went home.

I pulled up the lesson for today, then showed John how to get his up, before working on it.

****

Three hours later, I was completely done with today's work. I went downstairs and looked around for some food. I decided on a bagel and some cream cheese, then sat down on the couch and turned on the TV.

"There's no way you're already done," John called as he stood at the top of the stairs.
"Yeah. I had music playing, so I worked pretty fast."
"Well, damn." he said and I chuckled.

That evening, I was sitting on the couch on my laptop, Adventure Time playing in the background, when my phone rang. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. My eyes got wide and my heart nearly stopped. I quickly turned down the TV and sat my laptop on the coffee table before answering it.

"Garrett!" I said happily into the phone.
"Hey, babe, how was school?"
"Uh, well, actually, I didn't go. Me and John went and got some paper work for home schooling, so we don't go to school anymore."
"...You and John?"
"Yeah... I'm, Uh... Staying at his house until you get back. Otherwise, I'd be in my house all by myself. Not even my cat and dog is there."
"Oh, okay..."
"How was your first show?"
"We haven't had it yet. It'll be tonight. We're in Texas right now."
"Oh, cool. Are the boys annoying you yet?"
"Nahh, me, Kennedy, Pat and Trey have pretty much been riding in one van while everyone else is in the other." he chuckled, and I smiled. I missed his cute little laugh.
"Tell them I said hi." I said, and he pulled the phone away from his ear and told the boys. A couple seconds later, I heard Garrett whining and Pat talking into the phone.
"Hey, Krys!" he said happily, and I laughed.
"Hey, Pat, what's up?"
"I'm bored."
"Tell me about it. I am too. Arizona is boring."
"Woah! Arizona is not boring!"
"Pat, please. It's absolutely gorgeous, by when you're not around the right people it's boring."
"Well, when we get back, we're gonna take you out and make you have fun."
"I won't forget this offer, Patty."
"Don't!" he said, and I heard his voice fade, then him screaming.

"Sorry, Pat's been hyper." I heard Garrett's voice again, and I gave a warm smile.
"So how's your stay at John's been?" he asked, and my smile disappeared.
"Krys, you there?" he asked after a minute of silence.
"Yeah." I choked out, then looked down.
"Um... Well... I, Uh..." I stuttered as John walked down the stairs and looked over at me. He raised an eyebrow, then came over to me and took the phone from me, putting it up to his ear.
"Hey, Garrett." John said, and I could hear Gare's voice, just not make out what he was saying. John gave a sigh, then headed outside.

He was out there for what had to be twenty minutes before he came back in and handed my phone back to me.
"Hello?" I answered timidly into the phone, and I heard Garrett give a small sigh.
"I'm not mad about the kiss. I knew it was gonna happen. But, I'm not very happy about you breaking your promise to me."
"Garrett, I know, I'm sorry--" I said, but he cut me off.
"Krys, you're the only thing I have, and I worry about you constantly. Doing that stuff can kill you. I don't want to come back and you be gone. I would have nothing. You need to go out and have fun with John, and not stay in bed. You need to eat. You need to just take care of yourself."
"I know... I'm so sorry," I whispered, my stomach turning. I felt tears burn at the rim of my eyes, so I quickly ran up the stairs and handed my phone to John as I passed by him. I went in the bathroom, closed and locked the door, before bending over the sink and throwing up.

"Krys, what's wrong?" I heard John yell, banging on the door. I heard him walk off, talking to Garrett. I stayed hunched over the sink, my insides draining out of me for the next fifteen minutes. I sunk to the floor and ran a hand down my face as John returned to the door.
"Krys, are you okay?" he asked, and I stood and grabbed my toothbrush. I brushed my teeth, then opened the door to John, holding my phone. He tried to hand me my phone, but I shook my head.
"I can't talk to him." I mumbled, shoving past John and going into the guest room, closing the door.

A few minutes later, John came in and set my phone on the night stand, then sat on the bed next to me.
"Are you okay?" he asked, laying a gentle hand on my waist.
"I don't know. I couldn't talk to him. It was making me sick. He was so disappointed in me, and was upset and just... I couldn't do it." I said, keeping my gaze at the floor.
"It's okay, honey," he mumbled, rubbing my back. I sighed, then closed my eyes and drifted off to a light sleep.

A few hours later, John came in and woke me up.
"You wanna go out with me?"
"What?" I asked, squinting my eyes up at him.
"Do you wanna go out with me...?"
"I'm dating Garrett."
"No, I don't mean it that way." he chuckled, rolling his eyes.
"Do you wanna come get some dinner with me?"
"Oh... Sure, I'm starving." I mumbled, then sat up. I rubbed my eyes, then pulled on a pair of Toms before following him downstairs.

When we got to his truck, he pushed a CD in and I started singing to the song that came on.
"Give me therapy. I'm a walking travesty, but I'm smiling at everything," I sang, and John glanced over at me.

We got to the little restaurant, and went inside, sitting down across from each other at a booth. We ordered food and ate, before John took me out to a big field. He laid out a huge blanket, then pulled out his stereo, putting on some music. I sat down on the blanket, and John came and joined me, wrapping a blanket around my shoulders. I pulled him close to me, draping half of the blanket over him, then laid my head on his shoulder.

A while later, fire works started going off in the sky. I gave a small smile and a sigh.

About an hour later, We packed up and left. I laid my head on the window, and fell asleep, not realizing that we had a long drive home.

Once we finally did arrive home, John carried me bridal style into the house, and upstairs. He laid me down in the guest bed, then took my shoes off, setting them at the foot of the bed, then pulled the covers over me. He grabbed my hand, looking at my face for a minute, before bringing his lips to my hand. After a minute, he left, turning off the lights and closing the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Therapy - All Time Low

Thanks for reading! Subscriptions and comments are loved!