Thinking Of You

You're just a daydream away

"Krysten Brock, where are you?!" my mother yelled through the phone, and I chuckled.
"Sorry, I forgot to tell you... I walked home with Pat and Garrett today. We're at Garrett's house watching movies and chillin." I said, and my mom gave a relieved sigh.
"Alright. Well, be home before midnight."
"Alright. Love you, bye." I hung up, then put my phone in my back pocket before sitting on the couch between the boys.

Garrett tried putting in a movie, but for some reason it wasn't working, so Pat dragged us outside to the trampoline. Pat jumped on first, then Garrett, while I stood in the yard and watched them do back and front flips.

Garrett stopped and looked down at me with his sky blue eyes, and smiled.
"Come on, Krys," he said, holding out his hand.
"I don't know... Those things are an accident waiting to happen, especially for me."
"Oh, come on," he chuckled, then jumped off of the trampoline and walked over to me. He put his hands on my waist, and smirked.

"Oh no... Garrett, don't!" he lifted me from the ground and threw me over his shoulder.
"Garrett, stop!" I screamed with a laugh.
Garrett walked over to the trampoline and threw me on it, before getting on himself. Pat laughed as he watched us. When Garrett started crawling past me, Pat jumped near him, and made us both go flying. When I landed, I was laughing, and staring up into the blue sky, when a body flew on top of me. I screamed, then looked down at Garrett. He looked up into my eyes, our faces close, and his cheeks started turning pink.
"S... Sorry..." he stuttered in a whisper, then jumped up and turned towards Pat. He punched his arm, and Pat gave a frown with a small yelp before bringing his hand to his arm.
"It's okay," I said quietly with a small smile.

***

When the pizza came, the three of us ran inside. Garrett paid, then set the pizza's down on the table and grabbed a few plates.

As Pat and I were putting pizza on our plates, Garrett turned his stereo on and put on A Rocket To The Moon. If Only You Knew came on, so we all started singing to it.

After pizza, Pat turned off the stereo, and turned on Full House. We sat down on the couch, and Garrett yanked the controller from Pat and turned on Adventure Time. I glanced over at the clock, which read 5:07, then looked back at the TV.
"What time do you have to be home, Krys?" Garrett asked, and I shrugged.
"Before midnight."
"Okay, I can drive you home later if you want..." he said, his eyes breaking contact with mine and floating to the floor. He was nervous. How cute.
"That would be nice, thanks," I smiled, and Pat just gave us a smug look. Garrett nudged him in the side with his elbow and Pat let out a devious chuckle.

"I'm sorry, Pat, do you have a problem?" I asked, leaning forward to look at him.
"What? Uh, no. Garrett wants you." he said, and Garrett's face turned bright red.
"Pat! That's not true! Shut up!" he yelled, and I smiled, my cheeks starting to heat up.

Garrett started standing up, but I grabbed his hand. He stopped and looked down at me. I looked at the spot that he was sitting at, and he hesitantly sat back down. I gave a small smile, then intertwined our fingers, before leaning over and kissing his cheek.
"Don't be embarrassed." I whispered in his ear, and he turned and locked eyes with me. I smiled, then laid my head on his shoulder as Pat watched us, shocked. Garrett squeezed my hand for a second, before relaxing, and finally giving one of his beautiful, genuine smiles.

***

Later that night, Pat went home, so Garrett and I walked out to his car. He opened the passengers door for me and closed it as I buckled.
'What a gentleman...' I thought with a smile as he got in the car.

"Where do you live?" he asked, as we left the driveway.
"Treegrove, it's just down the street," I said, and he nodded.

When we got to my house, he walked me up to my front door.

"Thanks for coming over today. I had fun." he said, then gulped before quickly kissing my cheek, slipping a paper in my hand, and going back to his car. I watched him drive away, then opened up the piece of paper. It had his name and number on it, so I smiled and pulled out my phone, making a contact for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: A Daydream Away - All Time Low

Oh, oh, ohhh. Garrett's just the cutest thing.

Comments? :D