Thinking Of You

Someday, Somehow, I'll make it home and I, I'll stick around.

The next morning, Kennedy was waking Garrett and I up.
"Get up, mom's gonna be here in two hours. Everyone else is gone, so get up and get ready." he said, and I sat up.
"Mom's coming back?" I exclaimed, then jumped out of bed and ran into my bathroom, ripping my clothes off and getting in the shower.

When I finished, I put on a pair of skinny jeans, my This Century tank top, and a plaid button up shirt over it. As I curled my hair and put on some liquid liner, Garrett walked into my bathroom, closing the door behind him. I grabbed my tooth brush and bent down to the sink, squeezing toothpaste on to the brush, then shoving it in my mouth.

When I was finished, I glanced over at Garrett as he stepped into the shower. I blushed, then looked down, biting my lip. He had a cute butt. I forced back a girlish giggle, then stepped out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

"Krys, come down here and help me clean up," Kennedy called, and I ran down the stairs. I grabbed the cleaning spray and a rag, then cleaned off the table. I dusted the TV and took out the trash while Kennedy started on the ginormous load of dirty dishes piled up high in our sink.

"The couch," he said, and I ran to the living room, folding up the blankets and straightening the couch up. Garrett jogged down the stairs dressed in a nice button up shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, and his glasses. I smiled, and he walked up to me, putting an arm around my waist and kissing me.

"I'm gonna head home, I'll see ya later."
"Alright, I love you."
"I love you, too, babe," he smiled as he headed to the door.

A few minutes after Garrett had left, Kennedy had finished with the dishes. He dried the counter, then set the towel over the sink. Our door opened, and our tall, brunette mother stepped through the door.
"Mom!" I said, running into her arms. Kennedy ran from the kitchen and wrapped his arms around us, kissing her on the cheek.
"Hey, guys. I need to talk to you about something." she said, and we pulled back to look at her tear stained face, and red, bloodshot eyes.

"Mom, what's wrong? You just got home, you should relax..." Kennedy said, putting an arm around her as we walked to the living room.
"No, no, there's no time. I have some bad news."
"What?" I asked, my stomach twisting in knots as I chewed on my bottom lip.

"I'm sending you to your fathers house." she said, tears filling her eyes. Our mouths dropped, and Kennedy rubbed his face.
"Why?"
"I'm not here for you guys enough, and I just found out that work is forcing me to move out of country. To Japan. You guys aren't allowed to go with me."
"No, I'll be eighteen this year, we can take care of our selves." Kennedy said, shaking his head.
"Kennedy, no. Y'all can't live in a house just yourselves, you're underage."
"What about Garrett?" I whispered inaudibly to myself, then turned and ran up the stairs before tears started dripping from my eyes. I went into my room, slamming my door and throwing myself on my bed.

I can't do it. I can't live with my father. I can't leave Garrett. I can't leave Pat, or John or anyone else. I can't do it. I love it here in Arizona, I don't want to move back to Florida.

A while later, Kennedy came in and sat down on the bed next to me, rubbing my back.
"Come on, Krys. We gotta start packing."
"I don't want to leave, Kenny."
"Neither do I. I have a band, and friends, and you have Garrett. I don't want to leave either, but mom's selling the house and all of our stuff. We got to go."
"I'm scared," I whispered, sitting up and looking into his eyes.

"I know... It's okay. We're older, he won't hurt us."
"You don't know that. It's dad. Drugs and alcohol can do strange things to people. He's violent, and I don't want to be around him. That's why we left, Kenny."
"Krysten, I'll be there. I won't let him lay a finger on you. We'll stick together. We have each other. I'll be there through it all to protect you." he said, staring into my teary eyes.
"I love you, Kenny," I said, and he gave a small smile, kissing my head.
"I love you, too. Now come on, wipe those tears and start packing. You can go over to Garrett's tonight and tell him the news. Our plane ride is in two days. We have the rest of today, and all of tomorrow before we leave, so I'd spend the night with Gare... Maybe have a little fun before we leave," Kennedy winked, and I forced a smile.

"How did you...?"
"I was missing a condom. You two were home by yourselves. I'm not that stupid."
"You're not mad?"
"At least you use protection. It was bound to happen sooner or later, you two are in love." he said, standing from my bed and giving me a warm smile.

I pulled out my suitcases and packed everything I could, before going into Kennedy's room.
"I'm gonna head over to Garrett's for the night."
"Alright, I'll pick you up tomorrow night for the plane. All your stuff is on your bed, right?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, I'll get it before I come get you."
"Okay, thanks," I said, then turned and started to walk out of his room.
"Krys, wait," he called, running out and grabbing my arm.
"What?" I asked, and he grabbed my hand, slipping a square silver package in it with a wink. I lightly punched his shoulder before slipping it in my pocket and running down the stairs.

When I got to Garrett's house, I knocked on the door, and waited a couple minutes before he came down and answered it.
"Hey," he smiled, taking my face in one of his hands and planting a kiss on my lips.
"Hey... I need to talk to you about something." I said, and his eyes got bigger, and filled with worry.

"What? What is it, what's wrong?" he asked as I stepped inside his house. He closed the door, and we headed upstairs to his room. I sat down on his bed and looked up at him, grabbing his hand and pulling him next to me.

"Well, you know mom came home today, but she has to move to Japan for work... And Kennedy and I are moving in with our dad back in Florida."
"What? No, you can't!" he exclaimed, and I shook the tears out of my eyes.
"We have to. I don't want to go either. My dads abusive, an alcoholic and a drug addict. Kennedy tried talking mom into letting us stay here since he'll be eighteen this year, but she won't let us. We don't have a choice in the matter."
"No, you can live here with me."
"What about Kennedy, Garrett? What is he gonna do?" I asked, and he sighed.
"I don't know. He can stay here, too. I don't want to lose you again, Krys."
"Sweetheart, I know, but we have to go."
"When?"
"Tomorrow is our last day."
"But..." he trailed off, and I pulled him into my arms, laying his head on my chest.
"Don't worry about it. You're a rock star, you'll find another girl."
"I don't want to! All I want is you! I don't need anybody else, darling, all I want is you. You're my everything, how many fucking times do I have to tell you that? I can't settle for anyone else."
"Long distance relationships don't work out."
"Ours will. I promise you it will. I'll make it work, even if I have to come visit you every weekend. Even if I have to move there with you. We will work."
"Garrett," I sighed, and he sat up and pressed his lips to mine.

He pushed me onto my back and ran a hand up my thigh, until he reached my pocket. He pulled his lips back from mine, digging into my pocket and pulling out the package.
"You came prepared," he gave a devious smile.
"Kenny said since it's our last day we should have a little fun," I smirked, then pulled him back down to my lips.

I sat up, pulling off my button up shirt and my tank top, as Garrett pulled off my jeans. I wrapped a leg around him and pushed him under me. I sat on his hips and took off his shirt, before unbuttoning his pants. I pulled them off and threw them on the floor before pressing my lips back to his. I took his tongue in my mouth and sucked on it, until he threw himself back over me. He ran his hand back up my thigh, and rubbed my through my panties. I moaned into his mouth, and he gave a smile through the kiss, before taking them off and rubbing the bare skin.
"Oh, God," I moaned, taking my lips back from his.

He took his fingers back from me, then sat me up and took my bra off. He ran his tongue up my chest, and I threw my head back as he reached my neck, biting at it and licking it. He took his boxers off, then spread my legs, before pushing himself into me. I let out a small yelp and whimper as he did so, but he quieted me by crushing our lips back together, this time, him taking my tongue into his mouth, and taking complete control over my body.

****

A while later, I lay in bed next to Garrett, our sweaty bodies stuck together. He kissed my head a couple times, and I smiled, my eyes closed. We heard car doors close, and we both jumped.
"Holy shit," he said, and I quickly grabbed my bra and panties, slipping them back on. Garrett grabbed his boxers and pulled them on before throwing me my jeans that were on his side of the bed. I yanked them on, then found my tank top. I pulled it on, then slipped my arms through my button up shirt, glancing over at the already dressed Garrett who was turning on the fan. He crumpled up some random papers that were on his desk and threw them in the trash, covering up the used condom, before we rushed in to the bathroom, dousing ourselves in body spray, and fixing our hair. We brushed our teeth, then ran back in to his room, fixing the sheets. Garrett ran out, coming back a minute later with some fabreeze. He sprayed the room, just as the front door closed.

"Garrett, I'm home, sweetie," his mom, called and he turned towards me, giving me a kiss.
"I love you," he whispered, and I smiled.
"I love you, too."

"Up here, mom," he called, running down the stairs. He gave his mom a hug, and she smiled when she saw me.
"Hi, Mrs. Nickelsen."
"Hi, dear, how are you?"
"I'm... I'm okay." I said, and she nodded.
"Garrett, help me unpack the groceries."

***

Later on, Garrett and I were laying upstairs in his bed.
"That was a close one," he said, and I chuckled. I laid an arm around him and laid my head on his chest, closing my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Someday, Somehow

I am so sorry. Seriously, guys. I feel terrible. But, I give you this one, and it's kind of long. I have an explanation, though! I'm working on moving into a new house, and when I'm completely moved in, I'll be posting on a regular basis.

Okaayyyy, so I think I'm gonna be ending this soon. I don't even know how yet. I'm out of ideas and I don't want to drag it on and on, because I don't want you guys getting bored with it. I don't know what Ill be doing yet, though.

Thanks for your comments! But, I could always hear some more feedback! Subscriptions would be nice, too. :)