Thinking Of You

Words cannot describe how much I miss you.

The next morning, my phone was lying next to me, dead. I grabbed it and plugged it in it's charger before going downstairs to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, getting dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and one of my All Time Low shirts, before going into Kennedy's room. He was just waking up, sitting up in his bed and rubbing his eyes.
"I'm gonna take your guitar for a bit. I haven't played in a while." I said, and he just blinked at me. I grabbed his acoustic guitar and headed back up to my room. 

I sat on my bed and tuned it, before messing around with some chords. My laptop was open in front of me as I looked up some tabs and chords for Remembering Sunday by All Time Low. As I read through some tabs, my Skype window popped up. I answered it, and smiled when I saw Garrett laying on his bed. He had part of his face covered with his arm, looking up into the camera at me with his beautiful eyes.

"Hey, cutie," I giggled, and he smiled, rolling over on his back.
"Hello, beautiful. Did your phone die, too?" he asked, and I chuckled as I nodded my head.
"Yeah, I put it on the charger a while ago so I could take a shower and stuff. What'cha up to?" I asked, and he rolled back onto his stomach and messed with one of the rings on his fingers.
"Nothing much. I just got up. Probably gonna go hang with Pat and John soon."
"Oh, that sounds fun."
"Yeah. I'll talk to John about the whole camping road trip thing. I'm sure he'll be down."
"I hope so. I already miss you guys. I don't know what to do down here. I don't have any friends, and there's not much to do in Florida other than Disney World and the beaches."
"Well, don't worry, I'm trying to find a job so I can save up enough money to come see you." he said, and I smiled, then burried my head into my arms so only my eyes were showing.
"What?" he chuckled, and I shook my head.
"You're getting a job. I can't imagine you having any sort of job. Unless it's watching movies, or playing Star Wars with little kids," I laughed, and his face turned red.
"I can totally do something like an adult! Just because I like to have fun, doesn't mean I can't get a job."
"I know, I'm just messing around with you."
"I bet you can't get a job quicker than I can!"
"Bet? Oh, you're on! I bet I can find a job quicker than you!" I said, and he jumped from the bed, making his laptop fall over. I laughed and he picked it up.
"Fine! If I win, you have to come live with me, if you win..."
"You gotta take me on your next tour."
"Alright, you're on! I gotta go find a job. Bye, loser!"
"You're the loser!"
"I love you."
"I love you, too." I said, and he smiled, then made a kissy face at the screen. I smiled, blushing a bit, and made one back before we ended the call. 

I chewed on my bottom lip as my grandma came up the stairs and into my room.
"Who was that I heard you say those sweet words to?" she asked, giving a sly smile. My face turned bright red, and I sat up.
"Garrett..."
"And this Garrett is your boyfriend?"
"Yes."
"You sound very much in love."
"Very much, yes."
"What is he like?" she asked, and I smiled, pulling a picture up of both of us that we had taken a while back, before he left for tour.

"He's a musician. And he's really sweet and childish, but can be really mature when he wants. He's perfect in all ways in my eyes," I said, and she smiled.
"That look you have when you talk about him... This is pretty serious, huh?"
"Yeah. He's the only one I need for the rest of my life."
"Good. Don't let him go, then. No matter what. If another person stands in your way, just think about what you said to me. Think about how perfect Garrett is, and that you don't want to let him go."
"...Well... There kinda is another person... I'm not like cheating on Gare, but... We've kissed a few times while I was with Garrett. I know I love Garrett more than life it's self, but this other boy, John... He was there for me when no one else was. He's my best friend. I've fallen for him, I guess. He's so beautiful, and he has the voice of an angel and he's so talented. But I don't want to ruin what I have with Garrett, just to be with John. See, I was with John before I started dating Garrett. John was a party animal, always wanting girls for sex, and nothing else. But he kissed me, and it was... Nice. It was like the whole world melted away when he kissed me. But I never did anything with him, of course, because I was only fifteen at the time, and he was almost seventeen. But when Garrett and his best friend Pat found out, they were so mad and wouldn't even look at me. Garrett came over to my house a couple weeks later, it was real late at night, and he texted me. He told me to come downstairs and outside, so I did, and there he was, sitting on the roof of his car playing his guitar and singing to me. When he was done singing, he jumped off the car and kissed me. Well, John lived a house down from me at the time, so Gare pointed up to John's bedroom window, and there he was... Having sex with another girl. I was so crushed, because the entire time we were dating he said he would change for me, and he wanted me to be with him and how there was nobody else. I broke up with him, and went with Garrett. I've never been happier in my life. But now, John has changed. He doesn't drink anymore, and he hasn't been with a girl since that night. He's gotten so much more mature."

"Damn, your life could be a book!" she said, and we laughed.
"Tell me about it."
"Well, I think you should do what makes you happy. If you want Garrett, stay with Garrett and make John know you just want to be friends. It's your choice, really."
"I know," I groaned, then laid on my back.

"Do you have work today, grandma?"
"Nope, I took off so I could stay with you guys a little bit."
"Okay, well, can you take me to Disney World?" I asked, and she nodded.
"Sure."
"Thanks. I need a job."

****

After a few hours I came home and plopped down on my bed. 
"I hope I get this job..." I sighed, then stood and went over to the record player. I went through a few of the albums, then decided on Bob Marley. I put it in then sat back on my bed. I can't believe it was just two days ago that I saw Garrett. It already feels like it's been forever. 

As I stared up at my ceiling, my phone started ringing. I grabbed it and answered it.
"Hello?"
"Why didn't you tell me you left?" I heard a deep, raspy voice. 
"I'm sorry, John. I spent the last day I had with Garrett. I didn't say bye to anyone but him, so don't feel bad."
"I miss you. I haven't seen you in a long time, and we haven't spent time together in months."
"I know, I miss you too. Has Garrett talked to you yet?"
"Yeah, he just left. He came over to take a small break from looking for a job. He's back out at it again. He really wants you and Kennedy to come move in with him..."
"Yeah, I know... I don't think that's such a great idea."
"Why not? You'll be back in Arizona."
"Yeah, but it's just... What if something happens between us, ya'know? What if we ever break up, or get in a fight?"
"You know I'm always here for you, baby. And that's one thing you don't have to worry about. You and Garrett would never break up, and a fight is always followed by make up sex."
"John," I sighed, and he chuckled.
"Well, it's the truth! But the sex might not be that great anymore because you'll be seeing each other so much that you might get sick of each other and not have as much passion."
"John, please, I don't really want to talk about my love life with you."
"I've been through it all, baby! There's nothing you can't talk to me about."
"No, there is. We've never had sex. I don't want to talk to you about something you want and will never have."
"Oh, that's just cruel."
"Life's cruel, Cornelius."
"So when am I coming down to see you?"
"I don't know. Unless you want to waste your money and come down here before the rest of the guys do, come on down, but I wouldn't."
"Why not?"
"Because. I'm nothing special, why waste your money when you'll be able to see me later on."
"It won't be a waste. You're more than just special."
"Whatever." I sighed, and he chuckled.
"Why is it that everyone around you see's how beautiful you are, and how unique you are, but yourself?"
"Because I hate myself."
"Why?"
"I don't know. I always have."
"Well stop. You're a truly beautiful person, Krys."
"Thanks, John," I said with a small smile.
"I love you, best friend."
"I love you, too, best friend." I chuckled.
"I'll talk to you later, okay?"
"Okay. Bye, John." I said, then pulled my phone from my ear and hung up. I plugged it in to let it charge, before standing and going downstairs to get something to eat. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Dear June - Nickasaur!

I'm posting this on my iPod that's about to die, so I'm sorry if anything is messed up! Thanks for the comments, guys. It makes me happy <3 I still don't have Internet in my new place yet, so, sorry! Thanks for holding in.