Thinking Of You

I'll build a to rocketship just to take me where you are.

It's been a couple weeks since Kennedy and I came to live with our grandma in Florida. I was sitting in my room, when my phone rang. I picked it up and put it to my ear.

"Hello?"
"Is this Krysten Brock?"
"Uh... Yes, it is. What can I help you with?"
"This is Cathy Frank, from Disney World. You got the job!"
"Oh, thank you so much!" I exclaimed.
"We'll see you in this Monday."
"Alright, thank you!" I said, then hung up.

I ran downstairs to my grandma, who was sitting at the table drinking tea and reading.
"Grandma, I got that job at Disney World!" I said, and she looked up and gave a big grin.
"That's wonderful, dear!"
"I need to go to Sally's to get my hair dye."
"Alright, let's go," she said, setting her cup down.
"Kennedy, we'll be right back."
"Where are you going?"
"Sally's. Krysten got the job at Disney World, so we're gonna get her hair dye. Do you wanna come?"
"Sure, why not." he said, then came out of his room and down the stairs. 

****

After a few hours of bleaching and dying my hair, I was finally back to the bright red. I dried my hair, then grabbed my phone, dialing in Garrett's number. 

"Hey, I was just about to call you." he answered, and I smirked.
"I win."
"Nope. I do. I got a call yesterday."
"Seriously? I got mine this morning. Ass."
"Looks like you get to move in with me!" he said, and I sighed.
"What's wrong?" he asked, and I shrugged, then remembered he couldn't see me.
"Nothing."
"No, there's something wrong."
"I just... What if we have a fight or we break up?"
"Krys, that will never happen."
"You don't know that! Anything can happen."
"But not that. We were made for each other. Nothings gonna happen, I promise."
"...Alright," I sighed, finally giving in.
"It's Jared's birthday, you boys doing anything tonight?" I asked, and I heard Garrett sigh.
"I don't know. Me and Jared aren't really that close. Him and John are probably gonna go do something, but me and Pat are just gonna hang out at my house tonight."
"Okay, well tell Patty I say hi."
"Alright, I will. He misses you. He keeps bugging me about when we're coming to visit you."
"Aww," I chuckled, giving a small smile.
"Well, I miss him, too. When are you guys coming up?"
"Uhh... Probably sometime in May."
"May?! Garrett, it's March!"
"I know, babe, but I need to save up money for a while so I can quit this damn job."
"You really hate working, huh?"
"Yeah. I can't stand it. I haven't even started yet, and I already know it's gonna suck."
"Then just quit."
"Where am I gonna get the money to come see you?"
"I don't know..."
"It's gonna be a few thousand dollars. We have to have gas money, food money and then we have to pay for anything else we want to do."
"I'll pay for anything that's not gas money."
"No. It's the guys job to pay. You're not paying for anything."
"Garrett. Do you know what I just got hired for?"
"What?"
"I'm Ariel, the princess at Disney World. I think I'll have money to spare."
"You're a princess?" he asked, chuckling.
"Yes. Why are you laughing?"
"You have to wear a puffy dress."
"I also get to kiss a cute prince and meet thousands of people and take pictures with little girls. And kiss a cute prince."
"You have to kiss a prince?!" he yelled, and I smiled.
"Yeah. I meet him this Monday when I go in for my first day. I saw him though, and he was pretty cute. You might have some competition, Gare."
"Fuck no. No princes, Krys!"
"I don't know..."
"Krysten. Don't do it."
"This is just gonna kill you inside, isn't it?"
"Yes, please, please don't."
"I love you. I won't, I promise. But you better be a good boy."
"Always. I love you, too."

After I got done on the phone with Garrett, I went into Kennedy's room.
"Kenny, it's Jared's birthday. Call him." I said, and he nodded. 

A few minutes later, I grabbed my phone and dialed his number in.
"Hey, Krys! I haven't talked to you in a while. Hows it going?"
"Good! I called to say Happy Birthday."
"Aww, thanks. Aren't you a little sweetheart?"
"Never. What is John taking you to do tonight?"
"We're gonna go bowling, out to eat and then come home and watch some movies."
"Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see you again."
"Neither can I. We all miss you, Krys."
"So I've heard," I said, and we both laughed.
"Well, I'll talk to you later, okay, Jared?"
"Alright, bye."
"Bye."

I hung up, then set my phone down. I got up and put a record in the record player, then laid back on my bed as The Beatles sang me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Rocketships and Radios - Nickasaur!

I'm still on my iPod, so I can't really edit it much, but here it is! We at this place washing my clothes so I have wifi for a bit. I won't have wifi in my new place for a couple more weeks -_- but, thanks so much for commenting! I really appreciate it! <3 you guys make me smile. And I haven't finished my song yet. I believe I have the first verse and the chorus, but I don't have my journal with me so I can't share it yet. I'm gonna try to post at least one more chapter, and since I can't open multiple tabs at the same time without loosing all my writing, I'm just gonna put lyrics to whatever song I'm listening to on my iPod at that moment. OH! who's ready fit The Maine's spring tour? I AM. I'm praying I can go. It'll e my first concert :3 anyway, thanks for reading, and commenting and subscribing. You guys are fan-freaking-tasmical. :D