Thinking Of You

The look on your face could light up a room...

The next morning, I woke up at six. My room was pitch black, the morning sky still dark. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, trying not to move too much, so I wouldn't wake John. I went downstairs and took a shower. I got dressed in a a pair of skinny jeans and my A Rocket To The Moon tank top, brushed my hair and teeth, then put the perfect beach curls in my hair that Ariel had. I put on my bright red lipstick, then put on a little bit of liquid liner to my top lash line and some mascara. I went back up the small staircase to my room and grabbed my dress and the ridiculous glitter stilettos they were making me wear. 

"Krysten, are you ready?" my grandma called up the stairs.
"Yeah. Can we stop at Starbucks?"
"Yes, we are. I always get a coffee before work."
"Okay, be down in a minute," I said, then ran back upstairs to my room. I sat down on my bed next to John and gently shook him awake.
"John, I'm leaving for work. I'll see you tonight." 
"Don't go," he mumbled, wrapping his arms around me like a child not wanting his mother to leave.
"I have to go. It's my job, John."
"I want you to stay with me."
"I know, but I'll see you tonight."
"Why don't you just quit? Garrett already won the bet."
"I know, but I like it. It's a dream to be a princess at Disney World. Do you know how many little girls come up to me with sparkles in their eyes, saying they want to be just like me when they grow up? They want to be a princess, John. In the real world, you will never be treated like a princess. I want to make the day they have to feel like a princess to be amazing. I let a girl wear my tiara yesterday, and she started crying because she was so happy. You don't see the looks in those kids faces. They're so happy. If I can make even one day for them happy, when maybe they're no happy at home, or they come to face reality some day, I'm there. It's Disney World. It's a magical place. Anything can happen, and dreams come true."
"You a fucking princess. Stop acting like you're saving lives, Krys."
"But I could! One day. I could give someone hope again. Don't ruin this for me, you ass wipe."
"So classy," he groaned, letting go of me. I laughed, then brushed his hair from his face. 
"Anyway, you have Kenny, so go hang out with him. You two seem to be getting pretty close."
"He's my bro," John mumbled, pulling the covers back over his bare chest. I stood and headed for the door.
"I love you." he said as I stepped out. I stopped, and looked in at him.
"Go to sleep, John." I said after a minute, and he smiled.

****

It was finally the end of the work day. I was in the changing room, changing from my dress back into my tank top and jeans, when Tyler, Ariel's prince walked in.
"Hey, Krys, right?" he said, giving a smile with his perfect teeth. 
"Yeah. You're Tyler, right?"
"Yes, I am. Uh, you're a very gorgeous princess, but... Your lipstick is kinda stuck on my cheek. I can't get it off..." he said, giving a sheepish smile.
"Oh, sorry! Here, come here," I said, grabbing my bag and pulling out some make up remover. I grabbed a make up pad from my bag, squeezed some of the remover on it, and gently held his soft face in my hands. I wiped off the lipstick, then smiled. 

"It's off." 
"Thanks..." he smiled. My phone started ringing, and I picked it up.
"Hello?
"Hey, sweetie, I'm gonna be running a little late, so I called Kenny and him and John are coming to pick you up."
"Oh, okay. Thanks," I said, then hung up. Kennedy was probably driving, so I called John.
"John, where are you?" 
"I was just about to call you. We're here. Come on out."
"Okay." I said, then hung up.

"I gotta go, one of my friends from back home is here visiting and him and my brother are here to pick me up. I'll see you tomorrow, bye Tyler," I said, and he gave a soft smile, his dimples showing. I grinned, then grabbed my dress and heels before running outside and looking around for John's truck. When I found it, John pulled me over his lap, making me sit in the middle. 

"How was work?" he asked, taking my dress.
"It was fine. Very tiring." I mumbled, and he chuckled.
"You hungry?" Kennedy asked, and I nodded.
"Starving."

We stopped at a Taco Bell, and I got my usual vegetarian burritos and tacos. We had three bags loaded with food, so we quickly headed home.

"I'm so glad you're not one of those prissy bitches that always watch what they eat." John said, and Kennedy and I laughed in unison.
"Are you kidding me? Krys watching what she eats? Yeah, she's vegetarian, but my God, this girl eats like one of the guys. She could probably beat you in any eating contest." Kenny said, and I laughed. 

"Beat me in an eating contest?" John scoffed, and I picked up a burrito.
"Alright, this is a bean burrito. You have one too. Get it out," I ordered, and he just chuckled. He grabbed the burrito and unwrapped it. 
"Alright Kennedy, count us off."
"Okay... One... Two... Eat!" he said, and I shoved my burrito in my mouth. One bite. I chewed and swallowed. Two bites. Three bites. Four. Five.
"Done!" I yelled, looking over at John who still had one mire bite in his hands, as he chewed. I laughed, and he looked up at me as I stood in my chair. I did a little victory dance as he swallowed and opened his mouth.

"How did you do that?"
"I don't know... I have a big mouth?" I said, chuckling and sitting down.
"Garrett's lucky... Have you given him a blow job yet?"
"John! No! Way to ruin a good fucking mood..." I mumbled, and he looked down.
"What? How? It was just a question! Stop being so defensive."
"No! What me and Garrett do is our business."
"And mine, since you take my condoms," Kennedy said, raising his hand. I forced back a smile as John laughed. 
"Okay, Kenny, Garrett has his own condoms, he just didn't have them with him at the time."
"Which isn't good, because you're a girl and you're a teen and you have raging sex hormones. He should really get some more and keep them with him. And, when he comes to visit, just make sure we're not here, or leave."

"Or, how about you go fuck yourselves." I snapped at my brother and he held his hands up defensively.
"You're just jealous that you haven't gotten any since you were fifteen," I pointed to Kenny, before turning to John, "and you, since we broke up!" I said, and they looked at each other, staying silent, then put their heads back down and continued eating. 
"That's what I fucking thought." I mumbled, finishing my dinner. I threw away my trash, then went upstairs and into my room. 

I sat down on my bed and looked at the clock. It was one here, which meant it would be eleven in Arizona. I grabbed my laptop and logged onto Skype. I sent a call to Garrett, and he answered a minute later. 

"Hey, baby," he yawned.
"Hey, I didn't wake you up, did I?"
"No, I'm just sitting here, playing the 360 and listening to Ryan Adams."
"Oh, but you're tired, why don't you go to sleep?"
"I was waiting for you to get off work and log into Skype so I could see you. I love your hair, by the way."
"I knew you liked the red better than the black." I said, and he smiled.
"Doesn't matter what hair color you have, you'll always be my gorgeous little daisy." I smiled, blushing a little, then covered my face.
"What?" he laughed, and I shook my head.

"How was work today?" I asked, pulling my hands from my face. 
"It was okay. I should be getting my first pay check in a couple days."
"What are you gonna do with it?"
"Put it into savings, of course. I figured it should be around $500 with all the hours I've been working. That means only about two months of working and I should have enough."
"Two months? Aww, Gare," I groaned, and he sighed.
"I know. I know, just bare with me, sweetheart."
"I miss you so much. John's been here a day and him and Kenny are already annoying the crap out of me."

"Annoying the crap out of you?" John said, standing in my doorway with his arms crossed. 
"You talking to Garrett?" he asked. He ran over and jumped on top of me, squishing me beneath is bony body. 
"All I did was ask her if she's given you a blow job yet, and she got all bitchy. Then me and Kennedy started teasing her about you guys always fucking each others brains out." he said, and Garrett's jaw dropped as his face turned bright red.
"John, that's so not cool," he said, and I slapped him off of me.
"I can't have one damn conversation with him without you motherfuckers ruining it! Get the fuck out right now before I throw you out of this fucking house!"
"Krys, calm down..."
"Out! I will throw your bony ass down the Goddamn stairs  if you don't leave me the fuck alone this fucking moment, John Cornelius O'Callaghan!" I screamed, and he held his hands up defensively.
"The Fifth!" he yelled, before turning and running out of the room. I sighed, then sat back down at my laptop.

"I think the red hair makes you fiestier..." Garrett said, and I gave a small smile.
"I'm sorry you had to hear that... I'm just so fed up with this place. I thought I loved Florida, but I love Arizona more. Yeah, Florida's more beautiful than that desert, but my hearts in Arizona. I started loving it after I met you," I said, and he smiled. 
"I'm glad you like it now. Arizona really is a beautiful place. I thought I'd hate it too when I moved here from Florida, but it grew on me. But, anyway... How was your day at work?"
"It was long a tiring."
"Who's the prince?"
"His names Tyler. I had to take my lipstick off his cheek today because he couldn't." 
"Oh that's just fantastic..." he mumbled, and I grinned.
"Yeah, he's super cute, too. He has black hair, blue eyes, a perfect smile, and he's got the cutest dimples. He's tall and has a nice body structure. He seems like a nice boy." I said, and I could see the jealousy in Garrett's eyes as he looked away from the screen and chewed on his lip.
"Sweetie, I'm not going anywhere. You know I'm just messing with you. It's fun." I said, giving a devious grin, and he frowned.
"It's not fun at all, actually."
"Alright, alright, I'll stop. I love you, Gare."
"I love you, too, babe." he said, giving a sweet smile. We ended the call, and I closed my laptop. I went over to the docking station I had put in my room, and plugged in my iPod. The first song to play was American Idiot by Green Day. I smiled, giving a small chuckle, before switching it to Meteor Shower by Owl City. I loved him, his music was so relaxing and always helped me sleep. I changed into a pair of pajama pants and a tee shirt, turned off my light and slipped into my bed, cuddling up into my covers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Fear of Flying - A Rocket To The Moon

Guys. Guys. Guysss. GUYS. The Maine wi be in my town April 17. The tickets are $20. And I'm going. Holy crap. I'm forcing back tears right now. I'm not gonna be able to let go of Garrett. Or Kennedy. But mostly just Garrett. Holy crap. I'm gonna take him home with me and we're gonna watch zombie movies and eat Xtreme cheddar gold fish. But. Garrett and Pat are a package, so that means I get Pat, too, right? RIGHT GUYS?! omg. Pinch me.

Got caught running up a tab, couldn't drive home so I had to share a cab.