Status: Finished :)

Teenage Kicks

Chapter Nine

Walking along the shopping mall, Tom ducked into the florist and bought a large bouquet of baby pink roses. Tucking them under his arm, he shifted the handles of the carrier bag that carried a few presents. Tom had decided he was gonna take Kitti out. She didn’t know yet, but he had booked a table in a really nice restaurant for them both, bought her some little gifts, and flowers. When Tom arrived home, he ducked straight into the shower, washed his hair, and then began to get dressed. After pulling on some dark jeans that were slightly baggy, a black shirt and jacket plus black sneakers, Tom was out the door and over to Kitti’s.

Parking outside, it was 6pm and the table was booked for quarter to eight. Tom pressed the gate buzzer.

“Hello?”

“Hi Jared, it’s Tom. Is Kitti home?”

“Yeah she is, I’ll let you in.” Jared said, and pressed the button to open the gate. Walking up the front path, Jared let him in and pointed up stairs too where some loud music could be heard.

“Has she got company?” Tom asked worriedly, holding the bouquet of roses. He had left the presents in the car.

“Nope, just Kitti...Lola left about four o’clock I believe.” Jared replied and headed into the kitchen. “Go on up Tom.”

“Thanks...” Tom headed up the stairs and knocked on Kitti’s door.

“Come in!” Kitti called out and Tom entered the room. Kitti’s face broke into a big grin and she ran over to Tom and flung her arms around him and gave him a big kiss hello.

“Tom! What are you doing here?” Kitti smiled and hugged her boyfriend tightly. “And flowers to?” she asked mildly surprised.

Tom’s cheeks turned a little pink as he gave her the roses. “I’m here to take you out to dinner...c’mon get ready.” Tom grinned and picked her up, then plonked her on the bed.

Kitti grinned, pulled Tom down for a long kiss, and then leapt up to get ready.

“Where are we going Tom?” Kitti asked, as she opened her wardrobe to search for an outfit.

“Loncanda Locatello...y’know...the new Italian one that opened last week?”

“Oh my god! Are you serious!? Imogen went there with her parents last week, apparently it’s just divine! Thank you so much Tom!” Kitti squealed, climbed on the bed and on top of Tom for a sloppy kiss.

Tom pulled Kitti down on flat on top of him and began to kiss her passionately. Only then did Tom take in what Kitti was actually wearing, skimpy little black shorts and a pink camisole, in other words, next to nothing. Tom groaned silently and then sat up slowly.

“Kitti if you carry on dressed like that, we will miss our table. Now go get ready.” Tom smiled, and kissed her on the nose.

Kitti giggled, and got up off the bed to begin to get herself ready. Slipping into a black dress, patterned lacy tights and some bright pink clumpy heels complete with some bright jewellery. Backcombing, and pinning her hair up and touching up her face Kitti was ready to go out.

Arriving at the restaurant at twenty to eight, the waiter showed them to their booth and Tom ordered two cokes. He then produced the gifts from the bag and placed them in front of Kitti on the table. Three purple gifts tied with matching ribbon and each with a black gift wrap bow, sat in front of Kitti’s clasped hands. Kitti’s mouth dropped open. She had wondered curiously what was in the bag he was carrying. Opening them with shaking hands, she found there was a beautiful Silver Star necklace; matching earrings and a homemade CD that had Tom singing all these love songs to Kitti, Including ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by Andy Williams’.

Kitti’s eyes filled with tears, she leant over towards Tom and gave him a soft kiss. Thank you so much Tom. I love them. Thank you.” Kitti’s smiled happily and slipped on her new necklace, and swapped over her earrings. Slipping the CD, wrapping paper and her original jewellery in her bag, Kitti picked the menu and began to choose her order.

After a lovely dinner, Tom dropped Kitti home at ten thirty and then drove home. He felt so happy. He was with the girl of this dreams, everything was going well with school and he felt confident he was going to pass his exams, he couldn’t be happier. Tom smiled, turned into the drive and parked his car.

One Year Later.

“Kitti, will you hurry up, we are going to be late!” Tom called out impatiently and beeped the horn.

Bill already sat impatiently in the back of the car, wishing she would hurry up so he could see Andi before class. They had recently become an item and couldn’t be happier. Turns out Andi’s Bi-Sexual. Or Bill-Sexual, Bill didn’t care. Andi was his and that’s all that mattered. Kitti came hurling out the front door, slamming it behind her, her school bag flying two yards behind. In her hand she has her gym kit bag, and a folder.

“Sorry, I couldn’t find my folder, and I couldn’t very well go without it now, could I?” Kitti grinned apologetically, slipped on her seatbelt and began to do a lip-gloss check.

Rolling his eyes at the two girls in the back, Tom drove off to school. Not much had really changed a year on. Lola had transferred, and shared an apartment with two other girls who were nice enough. Two typical preppy girls, who were nice, tidy and kept themselves to themselves,. Lola got on okay with them, and was nicely settled in here. Kyle had kept away, and Kitti was healing. She’d talked to Tom about Troy, and what happened and had begun to see a counsellor twice a week. Everyone had finished their exams, and the results were due out over the summer.

The entire group had a holiday booked for a week by the coast at the beginning of the summer. Then, after they got back, it was Lola’s birthday, then Tom and Bill’s plus the results day, and a big ‘party in the park’ in celebration. Summer was officially going to be brilliant. Tom pulled into the car park, for the last day of term. Summer was here. At last.
♠ ♠ ♠
so what did you think?

let me know :) and check out my other stories please? :) xxxx