Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter One

I hate my fucking life. Hate it. I draw shitty cartoons that will never air, and use up an average of 10 pencils a day just to draw something that gets thrown in the trash by Cartoon Network. Now, They send me to this little town in North Carolina, and here I sit, hunched over the steering wheel of my car, looking for a animation place. I have been on this street forever. And all I see is golf courses and swank golf results. Oh, and old people. What really sucks, is that this car has no heat. None.

I fell sooo shitty. And cold, I might add. I drove by a church. There is a sign that says:

"Sandhills Alliance Developmental Pre-school will have a fire safety seminar today at noon for anyone that wants to attend. Refreshments Provided."

I smiled, in spite of my situation. I love little kids. And, I might as well go. Free refreshments. I parked my car in the crappy parking lot, next to a white minivan, and a Buick stationwagon. Out of my window, I saw some kids playing. Two of them, were running around with a stuffed dalmation of some sort, while another, a blonde child with blue eyes was trying to get it back, but was too slow.

"Give it back! Give me back Allegro!!" The girl screeched, tears dripping from her blonde bangs. "Ya have to catch me slowpoke!" The other, a brunette said.
"Jamie! Morgan! Give it back!" She cried again. The girl went back to sit by a tree, until the kids dropped the dog, which she picked up. She walked over to the tire swing, where more kids were gathered.

"Hey Guys!" The girl chimed in. "Can I play?"
"NO!" All four of them shouted at once. The girl nodded then walked away. She resorted to making the stuffed dog play air guitar, which was pretty cute I might add. The teacher, a rather plump and bubbly lady in her 40's called the children inside for the seminar. The young girl whom I was watching, walked with her head pointing at her feet, dragging the dog behind her.

This is the prologue. What happens next, is important.