Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Seventeen

Well, yeah, I KNOW I am a little fangirl, now, but Oh, how I enjoy it!! Yesterday was the Best Day Ever! Ahem, and That's what I listened to the way to school. (pun!) Anyway, I am just awestruck, that the man in my life is ever so famous! I remeber when I was in Seventh Grade, and I did a comic about the Demolition Lovers. I'd always kept it. It had my two lovers, one me, one a boy with ebony hair, and I always ask them ask each other if they were Demolition Lovers, now.

Oh how I love my life and how I was so in love with anyone but Gerard Way, himself. I thought of him all on the last day of school. I met up with Rachel, Taylor, and April. I loved my friends, although they all looked like they needed coffee.

"Kaitlyn." April said seriously. It wasn't like April, to be serious, and I knew something was up.
"Yes?"
"I t-tried to c-call you, but I got your machine." They were all crying, what was up?
"What? Whoa! What's wrong, my dearies?"
"Bethany died."

WHAT?!?!? Bethany! Oh my gosh! She was so young, and so full of life!
"B-but howw?"
"She was in an a-accident."
"Dear God No!!"

I cried. I thought of all of the time we all played vampires with each other, and even when someone accidently bit each other, we'd just laugh it up. I thought about how much love she had for all of us. She always loved music, especially MCR. I couldn't believe she had died.

"How HOW COULD LIFE BE SO CRUEL!!!!" I sobbed.
"Shhh! Kaitlyn, just chill, It hurt us too!" Rachel cooed.
"Shuttup!!"
"Kate, oh dear!!"
"She took it hard." April muttered to Taylor.
"I wanted to introduce her to her favorite band again!! I wanted for MCR and you guys to celebrate her Seventeenth birthday! She would have loved what we had in store!!"
"Katerard.! It'll be okay!" Taylor was using the nickname she had for when we dressed me up as Gerard, and played a prank on her enemy. It brought a smile.

"See? She's cheery." Taylor was crying now! Taylor NEVER cried.
My friends and I shared a group hug. I needed strength. I needed Gerard.
"I can make it up to her!" I jeered, contrasting the tears on my face. I had an idea.
"How, Katerard?"
"You know what her favorite song was?"
"Yeah." Rachel said.
"Helena." We all cheered at once.
"Well....MCR can play it at her funeral!"
"Oh Katerard! That's brilliant!"
"Excellent!"
"Super!"
"I love you guys!!" I sadly said, hugging my friends.
The bell rung. School flew by. Time was slow, my friends and I sadly mourning the death of Bethany. We all sat sad. We cried sparatically. We all were meloncholy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walked inside my house. I ran through what I said. Gerard gathered me in one of his robust hugs. He noticed my sad expression.
"Kate, what's wrong?"
"Bethany d-died."
"Oh, sugar!!" He was crying now. And held me softly. I cried at his sincerity.
"I was w-wondering if-f you g-guys would p-play Helena at her funeral, as that's h-her favorite song."
"Oh of course, sugar." Gerard replied, and kissed my forehead.
"Thanks. She was one of my bestest friends!" I sobbed into his chest.
"I do have some good news, for you dearie."
"What?"
"Well, we asked your mom, and she agreed that," He held my cheek in his soft hands.
"That what?"
"That you were allowed to come with us to Jersey for the summer!"
"Oh! MY! GOSH!!! That is awesome! Just, after Bethany's funeral, M'kay?"
"Agreed."

"Now where are those beautiful bandmates of yours?"
"We're right here!!" Frank jeered from the living room, playing Sims 2 on the PlayStation2.
"FRANKIE NO!!" I seized the controller from him!
"Yes, Katiekins. We found your game. Awww. SimKaitlyn and SimGerard look so good together!"

Shit. He found my fangirl game. I had SimMCRs on there.
"Hey, Kate. I made you a mother!!" Ray yelled. He cracked up.
"Lay off guys! Her friend just died!" Gerard butted in.
"Oh shit, Kaitlyn. I'm sooooooo sorry!" Mikey. I smiled.
"It's okay. You guys are playing Helena at her funeral"
"Anything for you m'lady." Frank said stupidly kissing my hand. Gerard stiffened.
"Hands off, Frankie." Gerard butted in.
"Why?" Frankie smirked.
"Yeah Gerard. You don't really think that we didn't catch you two making out, did you?" Ray was still laughing.
"Fuck." Gerard muttered.

I blushed intently. Gerard did too.
"Okay, you caught us. But still.."
"Still what? We made little faces behind that door, and everything. By the way, why were you wearing your Black Parade jacket?" Mikey was enjoying this.
"Shut up guys!" Gerard yelled, his face wine red.
"Also, we made a little Way family, of you two. Well, we were, but we found your game and you did it for us!!" Frankie was lucid.
"Shuttup Frank! My friend just fucking died!!"
"Shitfuck." Ray and Bob just stared at me.
"Dude, I'm soooooo sorry!!" Frank blushed.
"You better be!"
"Yeah!"
"But I miss the fun, so you can still tease me!"
Frankie smiled. "Okay! As you wish!"
"I'm enjoying your WAYward romance!!" Frank commented, snidly.
"Funny Frank." Gerard said wearily.
"Congradulations, Gerard Way, you are now a Sim Father." Ray smiled.
"Frank.." Gerard said warningly, but he smiled. I could picture him as a father. He just had that air about him, that caring sense.

"I miss Bethany already." I sadly stated.
"Oh, Gee, It'll be okay." Gerard hugged me.
"I know Gerard. But I can't help but think of her."
"I feel for you. It was the same thing with my grandma."
"Oh Gerard, I just feel so sad, and so alone, but oh so loved."
"That's partly my fault. I just-"
"Okay Guys!! Keep it PG-13!!" Mikey smugly yelled.
"Shut up."

I leant in close into Gerard's now oh-so-familiar chest. I put my arms around his waist.
"Gerard, I love you." I whispered in his ear.
"Okay, guys, get a room." Frank said, jokingly.
"Today was hectic, guys, let's just enjoy each other's company." Bob suggested.
"Agreed."

So that's what we did. We spent the day in each other's company, playing War of Worldcraft on PS2 and watching MTV. At the end of the day, all the guys were sitting in a circle in my room.

We were playing 'Truth or Dare'