Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Nineteen

~Kaitlyn's POV~

Once again I wake up in Gerard's arms. I smile. The rain is coming down in horrid torrents, and the National Weather Service is looking anxiously for a severe thunderstorm. I watch the weather often, and enjoy thunderstorms. Especially the severe ones.

"Wake up Gee!" I shook him awake. He mumbled.
"Coffee, is that you?" I cracked up. Coffee?! He's the only man I know who dreams about a hot beverage.
"No Gerard, coffee shant be near, but I can make you some if you like."
"Frankie'd like that, and so would I."
"Excellent."

I got up slowly, and put on some instant. The aroma waking up the rest of the MCR boys.
"Is that coffee I smell?" Frankie asked, wiggleing his nose.
"COFFEE! Coffeecoffeecoffeee!!" Mikey was up and at 'em for coffee. I knew this by watching 'Life On The Murder Scene.'

"Wow. Note to self. My Chemical Romance likes coffee."
"You bet!" Ray was up, now.
"What about Bobbert?" I asked.
"Bob sleeps like shit, and I don't recommend waking him up. He gets coffee later." Ray explained.
"Ah."

We sipped our beloved coffee, and talked amoungst ourselves. My cell rung. I needed to change my ringtone.
"Hello?" I talked into the phone.
"Kaitlyn! Get your sorry ass up here!" Rachel yelled into the phone.
"Rach!! Holy shit?! What is it?"
"Well, Bethany's funeral planning is today, and we're all up here at the funeral house scared shit that you and My Chem aren't coming! Not to mention, Bethany's mom's a bitch."
"Fuck. I'll be right over, Raychay." I said and hung up.

"Guys, get dressed!!" I yelled desperately.
"What? Why?" Mikey asked.
"They're at the fucking funeral home planing Bethany's funeral, and about to close shop!"
"Shit-fuck." Frank cursed.
"Wear nice stuff, please!" I ran to my room getting changed rapidly into a black gown which April dubbed the "Goddess Dress." Although I had to admit I did look damn sexy. I adjusted the halter collar and grabbed an umbrella. It just HAPPENED to be my Helena one, Black, with a red base. When I got back, the guys were dressed in thier Sunday's best. I laughed. These guys never ceased to amaze me.

x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x
~Gerard's POV~
x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x

Holy shit. Kaitlyn emerged from the rain unscathed, in the most lavish black dress I had ever seen. She was stunning. Even Frank, said "Wow." She damned us all to hell.

"Conceal your wandering eyes for a bit, perverts, and get in the fucking van!"
"Fine, fine, okay?" Ray was in his I'm Not Okay, suit, which he always kept in good luck. Why? I dunno, but can you REALLY second guess a guy with a fro? Didn't think so.
We rushed in the rain and drove to the ominous funeral home in a matter of minutes.

Bethany's awful fuck of a mom showed up behind April, Taylor and Rachel.
"Fuck, the beast had been on our asses and she doesn't even look sorry that her daughter's dead. I think she's just here for the chardonnay and small talk." Taylor muttered.
"True," Kaitlyn glared at the evil witch. She was a scrawny bird, the woman. Like the queen in Snow White, AFTER she transforms into an old woman.

"Ahh. Young Ms.. uh.. Vagner is it?" She said my love's name wrong. Damn her.
"Ah, please. Yes, and this is the band that your daughter adored, till death." She glared.
"And vat are their names, child?" She spoke in a German Accent. Something Bethany never did.
"This is Gerard, Michael, Franklin, Raymond, and Robert." She had used our formal names. Smart move.
"Ahh yes. Velcome." The horrid woman muttered.
"Pleasure." We all muttered randomly through clenched teeth.
"Sit down, Children."
"So, April and Taylor tell me that you vant this, eh, loud peoples to play at my daughter's funeral?"
"That can play acoustically." She weaned, her eyes the picture of cold hate.
"Vell, I don't know, and perhaps, we could get an organist, instead?"
"I don't think that would be what your daughter would have wanted." A cold staring contest erupted between the two. We DARE not say a word.
"I vanted the funeral to be a bit more, eh, meloncholy."
"How come?" Taylor spat. "When you daughter was so full of happiness and life?"
"Not anymore." She muttered.
"She always said that she wanted these boys to see live, and why not now?"
"She's dead."
"What difference does it make?! It was her dream!" Kaitlyn spat, standing up, now.
"Vat did I do, child? This is no way to speak to ME!"
"You're drunk!" Taylor yelled.
"Am not! Go! I don't vish that these men play at my daughter's funeral!"
"It's what your daughter WANTED." Kaitlyn yelled, then slapped the lady in the face and ran. The severe thunderstorm predicted had arrived.

"You MONSTER!" I yelled, and ran after her. CRACK!!! Lightning hit something, and It stopped me in my tracks. I looked around. She wasn't inside. "Fuck!" I mumbled, and heard a blood-curdling scream.
"NO!" I screeched, and ran outside into the pitch blackness, briefly lit up by strokes of lightning illuminating the sky. There was Kate, on the ground. She was struck by lightning.

"Oh dear God! NO!" Her pulse slowed. "CALL AN AMBULANCE!!" I yelled at Frank, who was in the doorway. I was crying, and I picked her wet head up off the concrete. Her eyes were half opened, and I feared the worst.
"Oh please don't die! Oh God please!" I wailed, and amongst the darkness, I saw her, and she went limp in my arms. Her pulse quickened for a bit, and slowed spiratically. My raging twords the heavens was interrupted by sirens. The ambulance was here.