Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

The Twenty-First Chapter (And Century)

~Kaitlyn's POV~
*Back at the funeral home.*

I ran outside, angry and in utter rage at the evil motherfucking mother of my friend. Bethany would be so angry.

Suddenly, I fell to the ground. A million painful needles fell into my head. I screamed. In all my years of chasing thunderstorms for the National Weather Service in the seventh grade. I never would have expected a lightning strike to be my fate. I realized that I would die, and I'd never see Gerard again. I screamed.

Everything went black.

x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x
x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x
x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x

I awoke to find a kind face shining over me. I looked around. It was gold, and happy all around. The person, oddly familiar spoke to me.
"Katerard?" She asked.
"Bethany!" It was indeed. I must be in heaven! Oh dear.
"Katerard!" I now loved the nickname I had abomished all these years.
"Bethany! Am I dead?"
"No silly. You're not dead. Well, you are, but only for a short while, well, only for thirteen minutes, but yeah."
"Bethany, why am I here?"
"That's not my term of business. I'm here to tell you something important."
"What?" I asked softly.
"Well first of all, I wanted to say thank you so much for considering what you were doing for me at my funeral."
"Your welcome."
"Despite the awful fuck my mom is."
I laughed. "True."
"And, well, that fellow down there."
"Gerard?"
"Yeah, him. Well he is the right one for you. I mean it. He has such an everlasting passion for you, it's really, well real."
"Really?"
"Yes, People have been watching your life like a TV show. It is rather engrossing, I might add. Anyway, well, I am the one seeing the inside of you thoughts from an omniscient point of view. His too, by request to the big man. And he thinks of you all the time. He never wants to hurt you, he cares for you. He, well, loves you, Katerard."
"Oh my gosh, I never knew he felt that strong."
"He was mumbling your name all the time in sleep. He dreams of you, life with you and what not."
"I am at a lost for words. Thank's Bethany."
"You're welcome."
"We miss you so much."
"I miss you guys too! Tell My Chemical Romance I said hi, and that God's warning them about the profanities they use. Oh and tell Bob that I said he's the bomb."
"I will Bethy."
"Squee!! I'll miss you soo much Katerard!"
"Wait? You're going?"
"Your thirteen minutes are up."
"No! Wait!"
"Bye Katerard!"
"Bethany! Wait please!"
"Go say hi to your Demolition Lover! He's right..." Her voice trailed off as the blackness returned. When I was sure I was conscious, her voice echoed. "Here." She said.
"Gerard?" I mumbled, the chill of a hospital room welcoming me.
"Kaitlyn?" he replied. My eyes were still closed.

I was alive.