Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chpter 24, yo.

~Kaitlyn's POV~

As soon as this funeral was over, it was going to happen. I was going to get away from this place as I have so wanted to for years. Taking to the Highway, as formally put. *Song pun* I finished packing my belongings in the trunk, and hopped in the passengers seat, because I was just recently released from a fucking hospital and can't drive for a month.

My cell rang, the song 'Dead!' signaled only one person: Taylor.

"Taylor? What's up?"

"Fuck! Get to the funeral, the evil fuck of a moter of Bethany's is driving us crazy!"

"What does that have to do with me?!"

"I have an idea!"

"What?!"

"Get My Chem to just load up thier gear and play anyway, ya know, just as a sorta 'fuck authority' thing."

"What?! Hell no! That woman would kill me too!"

"I bet not! Besides, you and I both know that she is an old bag and can't do anything!"

"Yeah, but the police can! Also, I'm not even staying for the afterparty! Im heading up to Jersey the second the funeral is over!"

"Oooh! Can I come?"

"I don't care, I just want this thing to be over!"

"I don't blame you! Well, I'll come anyway! My mom won't care."

"Fine, just like, follow me, after the gig is over, 'kay?"

"I'm not okay."

"Fangirl."

"Bye."

"Word." {A/N: I was BRIBED to say that!}

Click. The call ended.

"Who was that?" Gerard asked me.

"Taylor. She's coming with us."

"She stays at Frank's."

"We'll see about that, Gee."

"Heh Heh." He laughed nervously.

We pulled in the parking lot, Frank humming some random song in the background.

"I wanna get out of this place, it scares me." Ray mumbled.

"Go brush your fro!" Mikey jeered.

"Fuck you."

"Guys! Mind your manners, until this ordeal is over then we can be all loud and annoying and crap, but I would just stand still for an hour without a hair out of place, or the evil bag will charge us with some federal offense."

"Probably." Gerard mumbled.

We walked into the austere cathedral, where some old dude was singing hyms and the priest was joining in with messages of faith. It went like this for an hour that seemed like a lifetime.

Gerard hid sheepishly under his jacket so no teenies would recognize him. I laughed.

"Gee, you are in the land of the shitheads that like crappy music. No one will recognize you."

"Yeah."

"OMG!! IS THAT, LIKE, GERARD WAY!!!!"

Oh shit.

"Yeah, here come the girls who read teen magazines and think you're hot, Gee! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!" Frank joked. The priest stopped droning on. The evil bag of a mother of Bethany stood up.

"VAT?!?! I DID NOT VANT THOSE LOUD PEOPLES HERE!! I SPECIFICALLY SAID!!!!" The bag said in her stupid German accent.

"Guys, we could totally run right now." Bob whispered.

"I like Bobbert's idea." I mumbled.

We all ran on the count of three.

"1..2..3!"

Everyone watched us as we piled into the van.

And I think..I KNOW...

I saw Bethany's corpse smile.

Taylor was the last one out..
Before we took to the highway.