Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Chapter Twenty-Seven (Bridges)

~Gerard's POV~

We woke up from our uncomfortable slumber. I stood up and look around the concrete base of the collapsed bridge. Only, unfortunately, it didn't collapse. I gazed up, and saw that there was no collapse, just a monstrous hole in the structure. I heard a moaning, and saw Kaitlyn roll in her sleep. I ran to sieze her before she fell off. This woke her up.

"Gerard?" She was crying.

"Oh sugar! What is it?" I held her in my arms.

"I-I'm scared!"

"It'll be okay! I swear! We'll get through this together."

"I-I Have a plan, Gee."

"What is it?"

"Look." She said pointing out on the horizon.

There were pillars like the one we were perched on in a strait row each about 100 feet from each other. The bridge was about a mile long ahead of us. I looked even further. There was piece of the bridge that was missing. A chunk completely dissapated into the murkey abyss that was once to be our fate.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" I asked.

"Every day, we can swim a pillar or two until they find us."

"It sounds fine, but it looks like a lost cause."

"How?" She asked.

"It's just that we're a bit shaken, and unstable. At a lost of energy."

"WELL WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO DO!?!" She burst.

"I honestly don't know!" I cried.

"I want to go home, Gerard! Not home, your home! I want to meet your family! But now I am going to die on this fucking bridge!!! I am never going to marry, or live life how I want it!!" She was weeping, and I held her tightly.

"What makes you think that you're going to die?"

"How the hell are we gonna get food Gerard?!"

"Erm, catch fish."

"Start swimming."

"I'm sorry that this ever happened. It's not your fault. It's really not."

"Sure." Kate said sarcastically.

"Now that's the Kate I know!" I choked.

"I love you, Gerard. With all of my beating heart."

"I love you too. More than you'll ever know."

I kissed her softly, carressing her ever so carefully, shocked at her touch. I held her close and she pressed even deeper, and held my head. Kate pushed a little too hard and now was on top of me. I loved her, and my body sensed her, and I got hard. I fought it. I didn't care. If we did die, I wanted this to be my last moment with her.

She put her hands up my shirt onto my bare chest, giving me shivers. I did the same to her, and she slid her tongue in my eager mouth. When we lost all breath, she collapsed in my lap gasping.

"Gerarrrdd." She moaned. I laughed.

"That was awesome. You are awesome." I replied, tickling her chin.

"We are going to get through this. If not--" She cut off.

"If not what?" I asked.

"At least I have you." She cried. "And I've fallen in love. That's all I ever really wanted."

"We're going to make it, and explore the boundaries of love even more." I reassured her.

"I trust you."

"I know."

We simply sat there, me stroking her hair and her looking lovingly into my eyes, and me returning the favor. She climed into my lap and traced the outline of my back. Kate laid her head on my sholder, and I put my arms around her.

"Gerard, I want you, desirrrrre you." She moaned.

I kissed her as deeply as I could. As lovingly as humanly possible.

"Take me." She moaned.

"What?" My mind went over dirty things but stopped when she started again.

"Take me far away. From here from everything. Just for a little. Just you and me."

"I will. I mean this, forever."

"Heh."

I love her.